Halberd Abuser

• I play Team Objectives on the official servers very often and there’s a guy i keep encountering that is named Halberd Abuser. People says he doesn’t hack but he fights really weird and hits real fast.

He is always using the halberd and usually 3 or 4 kd ratio, top of the team. It is so bad when he’s on the server that i have to side on his team or it’s just not fun. Amongst sketchy things he does is hitting people trough shields while being straight in front of them. He starts his stab way off target and twist it in trough the shield. Sometimes he runs away from you but then instantly turn around to stab, nearly unblockable unless you have godly reflex. The only times i really got a kills on him is by hitting in the back or throwing axes.

Even swarming him doesn’t work most of times. I’ve routinely see him take out everyone in 1v3 and 1v4… he just spins around and slash/stab everyone, dodge and block everything… its really suspicious. When i duel him he’s never looking directly at me, just twitching to every side and doing some weird hits like he’s drunk but by miracle he always hits. And don’t get me started on his combo, even as a man-at-arms face-hugging him he combos faster than me. The second hit of his combos always feel like there’s no windup, it just hits right away.

Anybody else witnessed that? Is he hacking or something?

• Haven’t seen something like that but I have been hit before the animation even goes off. 60 pings on the both of us.

• The only thing I experienced with halberds is the overhead-glitch which is really annoying.

• @afiNity:

The only thing I experienced with halberds is the overhead-glitch which is really annoying.

Not sure what is the overhead glitch you are talking about, but there is definitely something wrong with the way he handles the halberd. I mean, he does it every hits. The halberds appears to be thrusting in one direction and blam, kills one guy that he wasn’t even facing. Then he insta-combo slash everyone in the head…

I consider myself kinda good and i score decent K/D and often top of board but i can’t even touch that guy and when I do hit him its because i got lucky or he was overwhelmed…

• @elakelaset:

Not sure what is the overhead glitch you are talking about

Doing an overhead while looking down results in a broken animation with no chance to block the hit.

• just had a server were both teams over several maps had ~8 vanguards each, stab spamming with a halberd every single one of them…. Including this guy wez who litarlly worked his whole way up to rank 27 with this “tactic”. It was a disgrace…

However i don’t mind the overhead glitch, and actually i can parry it pretty well…

TBH: they should fix all broken and misleading animtions.

• I don’t think there’s anything wrong with Halberd Abuser that can be considered cheating. He’s a player who has mastered the sketchy limits of the game’s mechanics beyond the average user and plays smart by taking as little risk as possible while cleaning up as many softened targets as possible. To sum it up he’s very good at doing what his name claims though I think halberd abusers are a dime a dozen so maybe he should change his name to Blocking Machine.

• He seems to use the game mechanics in a way that leaves everyone on a lower skill level asking what is wrong with the game.

That is just like a racing game, where specific cars can drive through solid bodies in a very special way that is only known to experienced players who know how to ABUSE the game mechanics.

The halberd abusing leads Chivalry to a point where the game physics just feel broken.

• I haven’t seen one hacker yet and to be honest I’m surprised. It’s made with Unreal Engine (copy/paste program) But then again no point in it for a game like this, maybe the only thing that would work would be an aimbot, but then again useless as everyone can speed around with no major consequence. Knights can zigzag so fast lol.

But yeah, as people say if theirs a bug, exploit it… The more you do it, the faster the devs can fix it" - Personally that will get you banned and yes the Halberd is a buggy wep same with animations.

I’ve swung to myself but not to other people. on 40 latency.
    Just seems the ghost blade is taking back over.

• If he had a high ping, it was more accurately that which was causing his seemingly fast attacks.

All of the details you specified do not make him an abuser, though, and he’s likely just trying to incite rage from new players by using the name :P. I’ve done the same myself in other games, frankly.

• The only thing I notice with the halberd is that the pokes tend to go right through shields and parries. It even makes the animation of block and the sound. This is with full stamina. Probably a glitch with the knockback that the halberd has. Really frustrating when you walk right towards them trying to close distance and your block just fails to work. I wouldn’t call the person using it a cheater or anything. This just needs to be fixed by the devs.

• @afiNity:

@elakelaset:

Not sure what is the overhead glitch you are talking about

Doing an overhead while looking down results in a broken animation with no chance to block the hit.

Thats happening with Bardiche/Billhook as well :) And both are waaay faster than the halberd.

Honestly I think swing manipulation is stupid and Chivalry should of just had a way to control attack momentum/speed by turning into it or something.

It is blockable just looks stupid and contributes nothing to gameplay. (talking about the instant overhead shit)

• sounds like you need a little practice, i love the turn around stab move, very effective against greedy chasers

• @lileasy1515:

sounds like you need a little practice, i love the turn around stab move, very effective against greedy chasers

This. If they remove the realtime-swings this game would be boring as fuck. Also I don’t get why people always speak only about the Halberd. You can do the same with every other weapon.

• Man can people read in this forum? Where did I say I had trouble defending against swing manipulation? Anyone that feints -> overhead while looking down and thinks that it takes skill is fucking delusional. It’s blockable but my hand is literally on my cheek whenever I see someone doing this.

I’m simply stating my opinion that it is a stupid system that is being implemented very poorly.

sounds like you need a little practice, i love the turn around stab move, very effective against greedy chasers

Wow congratulations, that isn’t even swing manipulation.

This. If they remove the realtime-swings this game would be boring as fuck.

Swing Manipulation =/= Real time swings. You are cycling through three precanned animations don’t get too ahead of yourself. The game is already getting boring because of the various ways the game will start to cap player skill past a certain point. Anyway it’s stupid anyone thinks that being able to “drag a stab in when its on its way back” constitutes “real time swinging”. You do realize that anything not turnbased is real time right?

• @elakelaset:

I play Team Objectives on the official servers very often and there’s a guy i keep encountering that is named Halberd Abuser. People says he doesn’t hack but he fights really weird and hits real fast.

He is always using the halberd and usually 3 or 4 kd ratio, top of the team. It is so bad when he’s on the server that i have to side on his team or it’s just not fun. Amongst sketchy things he does is hitting people trough shields while being straight in front of them. He starts his stab way off target and twist it in trough the shield. Sometimes he runs away from you but then instantly turn around to stab, nearly unblockable unless you have godly reflex. The only times i really got a kills on him is by hitting in the back or throwing axes.

Even swarming him doesn’t work most of times. I’ve routinely see him take out everyone in 1v3 and 1v4… he just spins around and slash/stab everyone, dodge and block everything… its really suspicious. When i duel him he’s never looking directly at me, just twitching to every side and doing some weird hits like he’s drunk but by miracle he always hits. And don’t get me started on his combo, even as a man-at-arms face-hugging him he combos faster than me. The second hit of his combos always feel like there’s no windup, it just hits right away.

Anybody else witnessed that? Is he hacking or something?

He is not hacking, I do the very same stuff. It comes all by itself when you play a lot with the helberad. The stab is really hard to block if you drag it right, cause the swing lasts pretty long.

That it does damage on the retaliation time is a myth set up by noobs.

Though it could be that he is abusing the feint/combo glitch, which basically let’s you perform stabs/overheads twice very fast.

• Halberd stab is ridiculously fast - most stabs are, BUT, its kinda ridiculous on the Halberd, because the weight of a halberd, irl, would, in the hands of anything other than an unbelievably extra-strong person, result in it stabbing slower than every other weapon in the game.

It would piss alot of Vanguard players, but if they slowed the stab on halberds slightly, i think it would greatly balance the Vanguard Halberdier against the other classes frankly.

It would also look and feel more ‘instinctively’ correct, on both sides of the Halberd, whether it would be better, or more fun though, is an entirely different question, that we wouldnt know the answer to, until we saw it tested and implemented perhaps on the test version of the game.

• I’ve fought against him on several servers without any problem. Like any good player he knows when to combo and fast connect his slashes and overheads. I’ve seen more suspicious players than him around.

• I’ve made comments in other parts of discussions about balance but saw this one and was interesting. Cant remember who said it but every weapon can do attack drag, its normal but people cry foul over the halberd, not sure why using. Claymore or greatsword you can do the same thing just minus some range. I usually top the board with halberd, greatsword or claymore.

I dont really have much trouble fighting halberds one on one as i know how to beat them, not sure why only the halberd gets bagged when all weapons have tricks and moves to become skilled at. Havent seen the guy in question play but i have been surrounded by players myself and killed 3or more before death, you can spam or go nuts when outnumbered, or make them hit eachi other, if they decent people they have to be mindful ofswings when you don’t! Anyway my two cents :)

• hes probelly some clan leader and cant effort going 3.0 kdr, therefore halberd exploit. thats what they all do.