Cannot see servers. Never have.

• OK I have officially started my own cannot see servers :D

So I did all the things I could read about. Did the taking out of suppress=devonline.
    reran the logs which are attached.

I have also run the java program that was listed under this topic.
    []([url]viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7013&p=60440#p60440[/url]
    [\url]

It appeared to work.

So please let me know what to do… I have checked my firewall and nothing is blocking it… I have even tried to turn my firewall off and still no servers listed.

Any help would be appreciated.)viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7013&p=60440#p60440
    [\url]

It appeared to work.

So please let me know what to do… I have checked my firewall and nothing is blocking it… I have even tried to turn my firewall off and still no servers listed.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Bravo! Much easier to assist you on your own thread.

Would you mind sitting longer on the server browser and posting a new log? Your log didn’t include any responses or timeout messages from servers = not enough data :)

• OK how long??? And why would it take more than a minute to browse servers anyway?

Do I just wait till the log file says:
    [0044.64] DevOnline: Server browser query timed out after ‘20.000000’ seconds
    [0076.11] DevOnline: Steam IPC calls in the last minute: 1536
    [0080.79] DevOnline: Can’t cancel a search that isn’t in progress
    [0133.26] DevOnline: Steam IPC calls in the last minute: 0
    [0190.41] DevOnline: Steam IPC calls in the last minute: 0
    [0247.55] DevOnline: Steam IPC calls in the last minute: 0

???

Also, when I do a “Clean Exit” UDK.exe never really exits. I have to kill it in task manager.

• Can you connect manually to servers?

@BonzoTASM:

OK how long??? And why would it take more than a minute to browse servers anyway?

Usually about 5 minutes works fine. I just want to give it a chance to print out that it’s timed out connecting to a handful of servers with a wide range of port numbers.

@BonzoTASM:

Also, when I do a “Clean Exit” UDK.exe never really exits. I have to kill it in task manager.

That’s interesting. You’re the 2nd or 3rd person to mention this. I don’t have an answer yet, but maybe it’s contributing.

Also, try this:

@Chand:

Alright, I fixed the problem.
    It’s not a game problem, I had the same issue with War of the Roses and some other games. Here’s how you fix it on windows 7.

Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center -> Set up a new connection or network -> Connect to the Internet -> Select do it anyway or something like this -> Select Private.

Enjoy, now the game works.
    Apparently the problem is related to your computer LAN card drivers and/or your modem. Opening a new connection to the modem should help. Try it out…

Also, when you set the new connection DON’T have it as a network, have it private.
    Let me know if it fixed the problem for you too-

Edit:
    If the last part doesn’t work, try switching your network from home to work (try Chiv), to public (try Chiv), and then back to home (try Chiv). Doesn’t hurt to try.

• well I tried the new connection thing… I didn’t even see where it said private… it only said home, business or public… I assumed he meant home… but that still did nothing.

I let the program sit for 5 minutes for sure.

The log file is attached.

• Your log never returned any rules responses from the game servers, guess you didn’t wait long enough for them to timeout. That’s okay for now. I think that we can safely assume that they will timeout.

Are you able to connect to servers manually?

What motherboard do you have in your computer?

Try switching your network from home to work (try Chiv), to public (try Chiv), and then back to home (try Chiv). Doesn’t hurt to try.

• Also, what router/modem do you have?

Are you using any other software firewalls?

Also try my Windows firewall logging suggestion found here viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7172#p61226 and attach the log here.

• Yes I can connect manually I just don’t have a list of servers or how many player are on them… so I usually launch into an empty server :-/

I’m not sure the exact kind of Mobo I’m using, but i’m using centrino wireless N.

I tried switching around the network settings… and that did nothing either…

Is there a secondary service or program that I might have blocked at the firewall that needs to be unblocked?? I’m just guessing here… like java??? or allow ping at my router?? etc… Maybe “block edge traversal” needs to be turned off??

• @BonzoTASM:

Yes I can connect manually I just don’t have a list of servers or how many player are on them… so I usually launch into an empty server :-/

Well this is kind of a messy way to see, but you can go to here and see the player counts (obviously some of them are not 100% accurate at the moment):

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php? … dievalwarf

and then go here to connect to said server:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7082

Unfortunately, game-monitor.com displays the wrong port numbers so you can’t just use the IP/Ports that they give to connect from the in-game console.

@BonzoTASM:

I’m not sure the exact kind of Mobo I’m using, but i’m using centrino wireless N.

Sounds like you’re on a laptop. Are you using wifi or plugged in with an ethernet cord? Would you please attach a screenshot of these three windows from your device manager (Windows start menu-> search device manager-> should show up in search results)? You can do separate pics for each.

[attachment=0:4d4klnhi]networkdrivers.jpg[/attachment:4d4klnhi]

@BonzoTASM:

I tried switching around the network settings… and that did nothing either…

Poo. That was a long shot. At least we crossed it off the list.

@BonzoTASM:

Is there a secondary service or program that I might have blocked at the firewall that needs to be unblocked?? I’m just guessing here… like java??? or allow ping at my router?? etc… Maybe “block edge traversal” needs to be turned off??

You can try turning off blocking edge traversal. I am not familiar with that algorithm/technology. Java would not have anything to do with it unfortunately. Do you have anything related to UDK/UDKGame in your Windows Advanced Firewall Inbound list?

Try the firewall logging suggestion from here so that we can see if Windows is at least owning up to being the culprit. viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7172#p61226

Also, please post a DxDiag.txt too. Let’s just take a quick look through there.