Can't launch game.

• When I launch the game from steam or directly from its folder, the initial loading screen comes up then I get an error that just says UGK.exe has stopped working. Steam cache is verified and I tried deleting the my games folder as well. All my drivers are up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz
    2.7Gb ram, have 4Gb installed but havent figured out yet why only 2.7Gb works.
    Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Radeon X1950 Pro
    3.0 pixel and vertex shaders
    512mb dvram

• Unfortunately your video card is below the minimum specs. The game requires an AMD Radeon HD 3xxxx series or better. I’m not privy to the technical reason (shader capabilities?), but any card before that simply will not work. Sorry :(

• It’s not shader capabilities, the game requires 3.0 which i have. and the game requires 256mb dvram and i have 512mb. So now I’m very curious how my vid card can meet or exceed the requirements but still not be good enough as one that just meets the requirements rather than exceeding them. Where does it not meet the necessary requirements other than just the name of it?

• @Tardmo:

It’s not shader capabilities, the game requires 3.0 which i have. and the game requires 256mb dvram and i have 512mb. So now I’m very curious how my vid card can meet or exceed the requirements but still not be good enough as one that just meets the requirements rather than exceeding them. Where does it not meet the necessary requirements other than just the name of it?

Where does it say that the game requires SM 3.0 (other than the game title bar saying Dx9)? Both of the minimum required cards implement SM 4.0.

Video Card: ATI Radeon 3870 of higher, Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT or higher

Also, an interesting note:

Note that ATI X1000 series cards (e.g. X1900) does not support Vertex Texture Fetch, hence it does not fully comply with the VS 3.0 model. Instead, they offer a feature called “Render to Vertex Buffer (R2VB)” that provides functionality that is a superset of Vertex Texture Fetch.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Level_Shader_Language

I’m guessing the reason is because both the 8xxx and Radeon 3xxx series are the first for each vendor to introduce unified shaders, which again is SM 4.0.