Please tighten the queue window for attacks.

• I have minor quips about accidentally clicking twice and my guy suddenly swinging again a full second/weapon animation later.

But the biggest issue comes when attempting to counter attack with overheads and stabs. Often I will parry, roll my mouse wheel forward, and my character will stab once… then stab again unintentionally… Even if I rolled the mouse wheel very minor-ly forward.

When I misread an attack, or I over-commit to comboing, I want it to feel like it’s my fault if I’m punished for it, not because my character is doing something I didn’t want him to do…

Thank you!

• I get this as well, but it seems not to happen to everyone, so it’s hard to say what’s causing it.

• @SlyGoat:

I get this as well, but it seems not to happen to everyone, so it’s hard to say what’s causing it.

The double stabs/overheads are far more frequent for some (faster) weapons than others, I noticed.

• There is an easy fix for that inside the configuration menu of Chivalry.

For that go in Configuration. Then go inside Input. Look for Double Tap and finally drop the
    bar to 100 ms.

With that you’ll still be able to queue attack but with less restriction/problem then normally.

• Don’t have this problem lol. The problem is the sensitivity of the inputs right now. It’s fine if you are precise but for some players they can accidentally queue up shit they don’t mean to.

• The thing is, it doesn’t seem like it’s even queuing up properly. It doesn’t trigger a combo attack, it just starts another attack after the first is finished.

• @SlyGoat:

The thing is, it doesn’t seem like it’s even queuing up properly. It doesn’t trigger a combo attack, it just starts another attack after the first is finished.

That too. I’d understand if it was just stab, but it does this for overheads as well.

• @zork145:

There is an easy fix for that inside the configuration menu of Chivalry.

For that go in Configuration. Then go inside Input. Look for Double Tap and finally drop the
    bar to 100 ms.

With that you’ll still be able to queue attack but with less restriction/problem then normally.

That did nothing :P.

As far as I know, that’s just for MAA dodge, as well.

• To add to this, if you block an attack with no stamina and get knocked back hard, if you attack while your character is flying back, your attack queues up right after the cooldown. It’s a real pain when you don’t realize you had so little stamina and you’re left wide open after a forced whiff.

• @Leojin:

To add to this, if you block an attack with no stamina and get knocked back hard, if you attack while your character is flying back, your attack queues up right after the cooldown. It’s a real pain when you don’t realize you had so little stamina and you’re left wide open after a forced whiff.

And then you can’t even feint out of it because you’re out of stamina.

• I get this often as well.

• I also have this a lot. It’s getting a little better because i spam click a little less.

• Something like this seems to randomly happen when shield blocking. But not always; it takes some time of fighting (including feinting and such) for it to start happening.

You’re supposed to swing when you attack while holding block. But sometimes, it won’t, but if you attack and then lower your shield, you’ll attack.

• I used to get this too, but my doubleclicktime is set to 0 now. Atm I rather get the opposite, that I wanted to queue something and my character just stands there idle, waiting for order ^^

I’m still not sure if this is related tho.

• @NikolaiLev:

Something like this seems to randomly happen when shield blocking. But not always; it takes some time of fighting (including feinting and such) for it to start happening.

You’re supposed to swing when you attack while holding block. But sometimes, it won’t, but if you attack and then lower your shield, you’ll attack.

Yes, this happens often as well. Only way to fix it is block an attack, or die.

• Mouse wheel up and down for me are very sensitive, so much that just moving my mouse sometimes randomly causes overheads or stabs. Not out of a combo, just randomly. It can be very frustrating to lose because of this.

But I also experience the same thing you do. Multiple combo attacks even after I finished attacking.

• @UnknownXV:

Mouse wheel up and down for me are very sensitive, so much that just moving my mouse sometimes randomly causes overheads or stabs. Not out of a combo, just randomly. It can be very frustrating to lose because of this.

But I also experience the same thing you do. Multiple combo attacks even after I finished attacking.

This is a good reason to rebind the other attacks to mouse2 and mouse3 (right click and middle mouse button). I did this immediately because it was AoC’s original configuration, and feels more natural to me in general. My parry is on mouse5, but you might not have thumb buttons, and my projectile camera is R.

• I might do that, but I’m so used to the mouse wheel… it would probably be quite odd at first.