Please set official servers to kick higher than 100 ping

• @ChuckingIt:

I think there needs to be a function in place, that keeps track of how long a person is over 200 ping. Because at times I can get a spike in ping, which causes 200+ ping, then 20 seconds later returns to normal. So I’d hate to see a random spike, disconnect me from the game :stab:

Lol I agree, because it happens to me too… Psh, us poor west coasters. In AoC, I remember there was a warning (I think, don’t quote me on this), that let you know your ping was too high on this particular server and you’d be kicked shortly. So yes, there definitely needs to be a timer and not an “auto as soon as you reach 200 you’re kicked” thingy.

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

Watching people teleport around the map and have attacks after you block the animation and just the massive desync is frustrating beyond belief.

If you have higher than 100 ping to a server, don’t join it. Skill is taken out of the equation at that point and any kills or deaths you accrue are simply because no one knows what the fuck is going on

Everyone deserves to play the game. There are plenty of private servers out there.

• @Wingy:

@Mike_Effing_Jones:

Watching people teleport around the map and have attacks after you block the animation and just the massive desync is frustrating beyond belief.

If you have higher than 100 ping to a server, don’t join it. Skill is taken out of the equation at that point and any kills or deaths you accrue are simply because no one knows what the fuck is going on

Everyone deserves to play the game. There are plenty of private servers out there.

Exactly, there are many servers that you probably won’t have so much ping on :D

• doesn’t matter. Everybody constantly lags on officials anyway even with apperent low pings. Not to mention the lagspike-freezes that constantly drop you off cliffs and stuff.
    No wonder ppl complain about “ghost swings” and a broken block system… it’s just due to the bad perfomance of official servers. All of this never happens on other servers in your region.

Doesn’t necessarily have to aplly for everyone, but stuff like arrows flying through bodies, taking damage right before windup of the sec swing, and unparry-able regular slow slashes don’t happen on other servers for me and I know many ppl experience the same.

• Watching people teleport around the map and have attacks after you block the animation and just the massive desync is frustrating beyond belief.

It must be much higher than 100 ping to cause teleporting. I have ping around 120-150, but my connection is stable enough to play without problems you mention. Only time I had teleporting issue was a lag spike and I wasn’t the only one having it (half of a players had it).

PS You’ll have to kick a lot of people, because many have ping above 100.

• I’d like for it to at least be the default ping limit setting in the server browser.

• The devs have repeatedly stated that the Official Servers will never have a ping limit on them.

• The official servers have been pretty bad with ping this past month or so. i used to get 30-50 ping but now regularly clock in 100-150. No idea why, but it’s spoiling the experience for many. It’s not just me either. The ping used to be ~100 on average, now it’s ~200

• I know it’s fun and easy to make comments about “lol u died to a lagger?” but that’s not what this is about.

Seeing players swinging wildly and having their hits so far out of sync with the animation is annoying

Players on either team carelessly killing anyone due to lag

Destroys the immersion

From what I understand also puts a drain on the server, that’s what people have told me.

And overall it’s just not FUN.

• Who doesn’t hate facing a team of laggers? But the fact of the matter is, not all people with high ping are bouncing all over the place. Some of their animations work just fine. It’s the people skipping all over the place that are ruining the experience for others. Last night I was in a server where a guy with a ping of like 40 was skipping every few seconds (Yes 40… not 400.) And he was killing guys at much higher levels with just mashing lmb. I don’t know if this guy just had a bad computer and good internet or maybe some kind of hack… but someone on my team finally just switched over and started tking the guy… and I wasn’t against that. lol

• I don’t understand why people don’t filter by ping as the first thing in the server browser. It’s so insanely critical in this game to have a good ping.

Although, a high ping actually gives you an offensive advantage due to what you describe. Animations don’t sync with the real damage trail so you get hit after parrying what you think is the weapon. But it’s a serious defensive disadvantage. That’s why new players who aggressively attack and have high pings will often be high on the scoreboards because it’s quite hard to deal with them.

• 300+ or bust.

• yea i occasionally have 5min lagspikes where my ping goes from 30 to 300. I can literally slash through lines of enemys with my archer’s short sword, just because I glitch out of every attack and bypass every block. High ping can really become an advantage in this game.

• I have never gotten a really nice, low ping despite having crazy internet. I have no idea why this is.

I can get a 20 ping in LoL and most other games and yet I usually roll around 120 with Chivalry :o