Can't download game (Stuck at 99%, Steam)

• Hello,

I bought chivalry 2 days ago and since then there is no way for me to download the game, i have tried everything i could find at steam’s forums and nothing seems to help.

I already posted something at Steam’s forums asking for help, but i still dont get an answer. The same issue happens with other multiplayer games, so i dont think Chivalry is involved directly, to me it is either a windows, ISP, steam problem.

But if you guys can think about any other solutions, i will try them as fast as possible.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … ?t=3025349

That’s my older thread, there you will find all the details about my problem, i could copy it, but i don’t think it is necessary.

Edit 1: I tried to open the UDK.Exe file and it said MSVCR100.dll file was not in my computer.
    I read that i had to unistall windows visuals, and then install it from Chivalry’s folder. I will give it a try and i will report.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/di … ?l=spanish

Edit2: There is no Chivalry folder in /common, it is located in the /downloads folder inside steam,

• @arkhantak:

Hello,

I bought chivalry 2 days ago and since then there is no way for me to download the game, i have tried everything i could find at steam’s forums and nothing seems to help.

I already posted something at Steam’s forums asking for help, but i still dont get an answer. The same issue happens with other multiplayer games, so i dont think Chivalry is involved directly, to me it is either a windows, ISP, steam problem.

But if you guys can think about any other solutions, i will try them as fast as possible.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … ?t=3025349

That’s my older thread, there you will find all the details about my problem, i could copy it, but i don’t think it is necessary.

Hi arkhantak and welcome to the forums!

This does sound like a Steam issue (which we have no direct control over unfortunately).

@arkhantak:

Edit 1: I tried to open the UDK.Exe file and it said MSVCR100.dll file was not in my computer.
    I read that i had to unistall windows visuals, and then install it from Chivalry’s folder. I will give it a try and i will report.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/di … ?l=spanish

The MSVCR100.dll comes from the visual C++ redistributable that gets installed when you launch the game for the first time through Steam. If you haven’t been able to finish downloading the game, you wouldn’t have been able to launch it from Steam yet :(

@arkhantak:

Edit2: There is no Chivalry folder in /common, it is located in the /downloads folder inside steam,

The /downloads folder is the temporary folder where games get downloaded to. Once it finishes downloaded and does the first-time setup process, it will move it to /common.

The only thing that I can think of that you didn’t list on your original post in the Steam forums is try running Steam as an administrator (right click the steam.exe and choose Run as Administrator). Please try that if you haven’t done so already!

• Hello, now i can play Chivalry, but according to Steam i still dont have the game installed.

What i did was to download the dll’s into the /win32 folder that is still inside /downloads and not in /common.

And it worked. I could join servers and i played normally.

I need to open steam first so i can run the game, but steam still won’t oficially install my game. I don’t know what’s going on…

At least i can play.

Edit:

Thanks for your time Remixx, it’s good to know that chivalry’s support is helping users.

BTW: running steam as admin had nothing to do with the solution i found.

• @arkhantak:

Hello, now i can play Chivalry, but according to Steam i still dont have the game installed.

What i did was to download the dll’s into the /win32 folder that is still inside /downloads and not in /common.

And it worked. I could join servers and i played normally.

I need to open steam first so i can run the game, but steam still won’t oficially install my game. I don’t know what’s going on…

At least i can play.

Edit:

Thanks for your time Remixx, it’s good to know that chivalry’s support is helping users.

BTW: running steam as admin had nothing to do with the solution i found.

That’s so bizarre. Can you connect to VAC servers and is it saving your rank/unlocks into Steam Stats/Cloud?