MaA Suggestion: Reduced Damage from Friendly-Fire

• I really love playing the Man-at-Arms class for their mobile, dueling gameplay. They are by far my favorite class.

But there is a huge problem with MaAs. Between 70-80% of the time I get hit by a teammate before I’m able to get into battle with any enemy players. What this means is that any enemy can one-shot me, so I literally have to block and dodge every attack perfectly; no room for error. This is especially bad on larger servers, where playing MaA is almost impossible. Its frustrating to think that your teammates are actually your worst enemy.

My suggestion is that MaA take reduced Friendly-Fire Damage. I’m thinking something between 30-50% reduction. This in no way affects their ability to fight enemy players, but makes it less punishing for MaAs to get in frays with multiple players or catch a wild swing from a careless ally.

To me this will greatly improve their viability in larger servers and help make them feel better in general.

• This is extremely bias and a good tip would be to stay out of huge battles and find a 1v1 somewhere on the map.

• @Matti:

This is extremely bias and a good tip would be to stay out of huge battles and find a 1v1 somewhere on the map.

It’s really not. OP was probably referring to 32 man objectives. Most of those battles are large groups and you’re bound to get caught up in them even in the smaller population servers.

• Unfortunately, I can’t be for this. Kill it static. MaA’s are punished just as anyone else. We get hit, we get hurt. The dmg is static. We have to dodge and be THE MOST aware of our surroundings.

There can be in the future a toggle for friendly fire or a retribution (dmg reflect) on a server. I don’t think I could support classes-specific dmg reduction.

• @omg87:

@Matti:

This is extremely bias and a good tip would be to stay out of huge battles and find a 1v1 somewhere on the map.

It’s really not. OP was probably referring to 32 man objectives. Most of those battles are large groups and you’re bound to get caught up in them even in the smaller population servers.

I know what he means, but why can’t we just reduce ff all together then?

• @Matti:

@omg87:

@Matti:

I know what he means, but why can’t we just reduce ff all together then?

If you reduce friendly fire damage, that promotes simply wading into group melee and mashing LMB. Do we really want to promote that?

As to the OP’s requests, I would say that HP is the tradeoff for the MAA’s greater speed, and as such you’ll just have to live with dying more easily to friendly fire.

• FF damage is already 50% by default, reducing it any more would make it pretty pointless, and reducing it specifically for one class is silly. If you get hit by a teammate it’s player error on someone’s part, often your own.

• Also getting hit as an MaA by ANYTHING is detrimental. As a knight or vanguard, a friendly hit can be shaken off without worry. Get hit by a friendly as a MaA, and it’s pretty much death on next hit.

• @omg87:

Also getting hit as an MaA by ANYTHING is detrimental. As a knight or vanguard, a friendly hit can be shaken off without worry. Get hit by a friendly as a MaA, and it’s pretty much death on next hit.

That’s the point, though. As an MAA, you are much faster and more agile than the other classes, and the tradeoff for that is that you drop like a sack of bricks if you take even a couple of hits.

If you don’t like dying easily to just about anything that hits you, don’t play MAA.

• I don’t agree with reducing FF damage specifically for the MAA class. I’ve been thinking that perhaps speeding up health regeneration for the weaker classes could perhaps be an idea though.