Why FFA isn't any fun

• Just had a game of FFA tonight where this was the situation:<br /><br />10 VG<br />13 K<br />1 MAA<br /><br />Here was the play of 23 of the players:<br />1. Grab <insert long reach 2H name here><br />2. LMB + W<br />3. W + LMB<br />4. LMB, LMB, LMB….<br /><br />I think FFA only work successfully on the Middle Eastern city map, everywhere else it’s like “ohh look at those two guys fighting over there, time for a RAPE PARTY!!!1” LMB LMB LMB<br /><br />Lame

• There are plenty of other game modes to enjoy. Is this just a thread for you to rant, or do you have a solution in mind to fix this supposed problem?

• Left mouse Button Spammers are Very Easy to kill. They have the General gist of how to play the game but they don’t know how to really play, they forget about the other mechanics of the game like faking, distance, timing etc.

• @Iron-Sentinel:

but they don’t know how to really play

HAHAHAH so true :D

• Topic title edit : Why FAA isn’t fun, in my opinion.

• My guide on how to win FFA:

Step 1: Get nice two hander.
    Step 2: Run around looking for people in duels (bloodier the better)
    Step 3: Return to step 1

^That is the easy way to win, with the occasional kill of someone getting in your way of a double kill. This is why I am not fan of FFA.

• Toss firepot into melee; hilarity ensues. One hit anybody who runs out while on fire. Rinse and repeat.

• I use FFA for comic relief. It’s not a game mode to be taken seriously imo.

• @T_Roy:

I use FFA for comic relief. It’s not a game mode to be taken seriously imo.

Indeed.

To be quite frank, given how you can die due to lag, invisible weapons and arrows flying past you and killing you, it’s best you take Chivalry as a whole as a comedy, or you’ll just get frustrated :P

• You’re playing it wrong.

There are three major ways to play FFA;
    1. Play to win
    2. Play to learn weapon characteristics quickly.
    3. Practice learning situational awareness.

(1. is really just putting 2 and 3 together)

To win FFA is all about getting last hits. Any class can do this, in fact MAA is one of the better classes to consistently win FFA.
    Play smart, don’t go rushing in and do lots of damage only for someone else to take the kill. Instead keep yourself alive and look for heavily injured players and rush in and take them out. Let all the other players do the damage work, whilst you take the glory kill.
    FFA is very much about situational awareness. Listen to those footsteps coming up behind you whilst your fighting and bail before they get you from behind. There are many times you can get a kill simply by turning around mid fight and stabbing/slashing the guy coming for the cheap kill.

Since the real focus is staying alive while getting last hits, MAA has a big advantage due to dodge. Not only that, don’t bother with fire (again helps others players more by doing blanket damage) take daggers. If you see an almost dead guy throwing a dagger or 2 generally nets the kill. Throwing Daggers are heaps easier to aim and land then throwing axes and can easily kill heavily injured players.

If you want Duels, play on a duel server (another great way to learn weapons but not so much situational awareness).

So playing FFA right is very fun, the main thing is don’t pretend it is a duel server by putting your blinkers on during fights.

edit: I suppose FFA can also be used to unlock weapons if you want.

• @Toll:

You’re playing it wrong.

There are three major ways to play FFA;
    1. Play to win
    2. Play to learn weapon characteristics quickly.
    3. Practice learning situational awareness.

4. Piss everyone off by fisting them then saying “you’re welcome”.

• I recently started using the “Q” button which activates a feint. Been taking out LMB users left and right ever since.

• @Reaverslug:

I recently started using the “Q” button which activates a feint. Been taking out LMB users left and right ever since.

RMB is the same thing only easier. You’re welcome! ;)

• Run around spamming battlecry doing the roflchopper, slashing everything in my path is quite fun sometimes :D

• I win alot of FFAs using a flanged mace and a tower. It’s not just for 2h LMB spammers, though the arena map does favor that style. You can have fun if you keep your head on a swivel and play with the weapon you have fun with.

• To be fair, if you go on a 24 or 32-man FFA sever you are absolutely going to be stabbed in the back constantly, especially if you are playing on Arena.

If you want FFA without a third person jumping into a 1v1 fight constantly, play on a 10-man server.

• please, tell me it’s the first time you play FFA mode in a video game…please …
    Not everyone could get the chance to grow up playing Half life 1 for bilions hours tough :p

• IMHO you will be more effective with 1Hsword +shield if your K/D is your goal.
      If you simply want BLOOD , 2H weapons are fine and orgazzzmic

• Here’s a sick FFA:

• I already won ffa with maa and archer.
    you mad? get some skill

• @ChuckingIt:

My guide on how to win FFA:

Step 1: Get nice two hander.
    Step 2: Run around looking for people in duels (bloodier the better)
    Step 3: Return to step 1

^That is the easy way to win, with the occasional kill of someone getting in your way of a double kill. This is why I am not fan of FFA.

This basically, the biggest opportunist is the winner, your actual combat skill is completely irrelevent. Just get that hammer and look for ppl fighting.

EDIT: Also its stupid how ppl spawn behind you constantly. Its just a game mode to test out weapons and/or make you feel good if you are terrible at the game.