Clanky Knights

• As an archer i find it annoying how knights in tin-can-suits can sneak up on me without making a sound. Knights should make clanking and banging noises as they run and even walk around. i am so sick and tired on Metal Clad Ninja Knights

• something wrong with your sound? I play with music off and I’ve parried more attacks than I can remember from situations where I’ve heard an enemy coming from behind

• The sounds in this game are extremely telling with a good headset. Since I got a new one I’m pretty much able to determine the locations of everyone within a few meters of me. You’re likely just getting caught not paying attention.

• I have the logitech g930 headset and it’s saved my online ass a few times due to it’s 7.1 surround sound. It’s also noise-free wireless up to 50 ft and has a decent mic, along with programmable buttons so I can VOIP while I’m getting something from the fridge or going to the restroom. Not that it matters much in this game since barely anybody bothers with VOIP :(

• i have shitty headphones (around 20€) and i can easily hear if someone is coming behind me

• @Monty:

As an archer i find it annoying how knights in tin-can-suits can sneak up on me without making a sound. Knights should make clanking and banging noises as they run and even walk around. i am so sick and tired on Metal Clad Ninja Knights

:( Yeah, you can definitely hear them near you. So it definitely might have something to do with your sound/headset. Or perhaps your settings?

• I had several archer figure out I was going to pull an assassination on them. May be your headset.

• @Yoshiblue:

I had several archer figure out I was going to pull an assassination on them. May be your headset.

I can never sneak up on people. I wish everyone was deaf so I could. :(

• So does this game support 7.1 sound?

• @Mystikkal:

So does this game support 7.1 sound?

I just tested each channel seperately with my Tiamat 7.1 headset (10 seperate drivers, true 7.1, not simulated) and I’m afraid Chivalry only outputs sound on the front channel and the sub woofer channel.
    I didn’t get anything on the side, center or rear.

Unless there’s some setting somewhere I haven’t seen.

• I would love some options to change armor values for each class in exchange for other abilities, one of which being the ability to be nearly silent as a knight for less armor value… Of course, this would almost be like a “perk” system and I know a lot of people are against this type of idea.

• I say if you have decent sound equipment and awareness nobody should be able to sneak up on you. Maybe if they walk instead of run, but that would take ages and only work if you nerver turn around. Often enough even the attack grunt gives them away early enough so you can still turn around parry.

The “sqeaking and banging” is also a medieval myth. One of the signs of well made and custom fit plate armor is that it hardly makes any sound while moving. Anything that clanks or bangs just means that the armor doenst fit correctly or is somewhat loose.

Same goes for chainmail, because that is usually fit tightly and strapped to your body with leather etc. so it doenst hinder movement and distributes its weight more evenly.

Movement sound si fine so far, gameplay-wise and realistically.