Improving the game's responsivess

• I love Chivalry, but after playing for several hours, the one thing that bugs me the most about it is how unresponsive the game’s controls can be when performing certain actions.

The issue seems to be that the game does not check in real time which buttons are pressed on your keyboard and your mouse. For example, try holding down your Sprint key before your character has spawned. When you finally spawn, you will notice that you are not sprinting despite the fact that you are holding down your Sprint key. In order to start sprinting, you have to release the key and then press it again.

The same thing happens with other actions such as blocking. If you hold down the block key with a shield and then your character gets interrupted for one reason or another, you will have to release the block key and then press it again in order to start block again. Ideally, you should start blocking again as soon as your character is able to for as long as you are holding down the key.

Has anyone else noticed this?

• Yes, but I have a feeling it’s intentional in order to make you feel more “heavy”.

• If that’s intended then it is really poor design. You get that “heavy” feeling through the animations, not by making the game not respond to input.

• I don’t think this was an intentional design decision. Toggle sprint was added for a reason. I agree the game should recognize when you’re holding a key even if you press it when you’re performing another action (or respawning or whatever).