New game mode idea - Excalibur

• Hi. Here’s an idea I had for a free for all deathmatch mode with an added twist. It may not fit in with the lore and be a little too mystical for some people, but I think we could get away with it :P

The game behaves exactly the same as free for all, except for one thing. In the middle of the map lies a legendary weapon, Excalibur . In order to pick it up you must stand over it and pull it out with your use key (during this time you’re vulnerable to attacks, so you need to murder anyone who might stop you first!). The weapon can be wielded by any class and has certain magical properties.

Excalibur

• When obtained, restores all health and stamina.
    • Same range as the claymore but faster and stronger.
    • Player emits a glow while it is in his inventory.
    • Player is as durable as a knight while wielding Excalibur .
    • Player can dash like a man-at-arms while wielding Excalibur .
    • Player can charge like a vanguard while wielding Excalibur .
    • Kills with Excalibur are doubled.
    • Upon death Excalibur is dropped and must be picked up in the same fashion as when it spawned.

This may sound broken as heck, but don’t forget you’re going to be targeted. Certain things may need tweaking but it adds a little variety and objective to the usual FFA that we all know and love.

• I think it’s awesome!
    +1

• That would be fun but the kills shouldn’t be doubled as it wouldn’t really show a realistic score.

• inb4 I PICKED UP DE SWORD OH YEA. *gets shot by archer

• @cutmanmike:

A knight is easy to kill, I would make it more like the king from stoneshill.

• @Metrocop:

@cutmanmike:

I don’t think the point is to make you completely unbeatable. The other buffs already give it a huge advantage over any other weapon in the game. Even just MaA dodge with a twohander is crazy, can you imagine MaAs running around with claymores?

• @SlyGoat:

@Metrocop:

@cutmanmike:

I don’t think the point is to make you completely unbeatable. The other buffs already give it a huge advantage over any other weapon in the game. Even just MaA dodge with a twohander is crazy, can you imagine MaAs running around with claymores?

Yeah, probably being like the king is a bad idea, also, the gameplay would be more fluid.

• I think its a great idea, a very creative variation, my compliments.

• What about, instead of double kills, you can only score when you are wielding excalibur? The one with the most score is the victor at the end, but killing non-wielders wont provide any benefit.

• Awesome idea, although with Maa dodge as well, it will be so silly.

• Maybe instead of double kills you have to wield the blade for a certain amount of time to win the game.

• If you only count kills scored while wielding it, then nobody will focus on other players and it’d just be a continuous slaughter of whoever picked it up. This would amount to a very slowly progressing game.

If all kills counted, I’d simply farm everyone else as to not have to worry about facing the wielder at all.

I think time wielding as an additional supplement would be best. Perhaps an extra point every 15-30 seconds, etc. Wielding wouldn’t be the only way to win, but it’d sure look appealing with it’s point bonus.

• I like the sound of it but something like this is bound to get abused by griefers.

• @JHoersten2:

If you only count kills scored while wielding it, then nobody will focus on other players and it’d just be a continuous slaughter of whoever picked it up.

Thats the point.

• could be made to be even more catch-the-chickeny if all non excalibur wielding players only got points for killing the one currently wielding it. ^^

• Actually a good idea!

And to sumarize two diffrent opinions, you should only get score from either killing the excalibur wielder or by killing people with excalibur. Kills should count as normal but award no score unless either of the previous statements are true.

• Itould be a genuinely sword-centered alternate take on VIP game mode. Im hoping mod support comes soon. :)

• Btw, I think the sword would need to reappar on a random location (out of at least 3 or so) when the wielder dies. otherwise it would just be a giant gore feast with nobody being able to pick it up again. :)
    and if there’s a single “respawn point” for the sword the whole server would just be camping there all the time.

edit
    would be more elegant though if the killing player instantly became the new wielder. that would make the “get the sword from the stone” thing exclusive to the start of the round, but i’d imagine it would also make things much more fast-paced.