A like button

• I think there should be a like button in the chivalry forums. Not a dislike button, just a like button.
    This will allow other people to express their desires in other ways except repeating other people.
    A like button will also allow the developers to see what ideas the community likes, without having to see every comment to a single topic.
    I think there shouldn’t be a dislike button because people might comment just for dislikes, and even if they aren’t people might think they are. In addition i’m always sad when a well meant comment gets lots of dislikes. :(

Please like this post :)

• +1

This would be like the brohoof option in the MLP Forums :D I reckon there should also be a system wherein you can give rep to someone when visiting their profile.

• I believe this is going to come along soon, or at least Tibbs has expressed a lot of interest in this and any other potential ways to get quick and easy feedback from the community.

I agree with just having a +1 and no -1, a system of both ups and downs is seriously flawed in that most of the time someone will only +1 if they strongly agree with something, but have no problem -1ing everything that they remotely disagree with; I blame our pessimistic society.

• +1

• @SlyGoat:

but have no problem -1ing everything that they remotely disagree with; I blame our pessimistic society.

• @ReMixx:

@SlyGoat:

but have no problem -1ing everything that they remotely disagree with; I blame our pessimistic society.

+1

• There was actually a reputation system for a while on the old AoC forums. Unrelated to posts, just a player’s reputation that you could add to or subtract from. I got everyone to subtract reputation from our dear old buddy Sir Doyle/Vq.| Antidote until he was at like -1000 and the reputation system was removed because it was clearly just awful :D

• Please don’t connect this to facebook and I won’t follow anyone on twitter. :?

• downvoting is really just a problem if your focus is marketing (where you only want to see happy thoughts ^^) like with that obnoxious blue social marketing website out there. but i think the data is valuable for getting a feel of the range of opinions/controversy that particalular topic spawns.
    there’d be some phpbb plugins that already do that, even.