Fix the problems

• A simple but very important general suggestion: fix the problems! I’ve played some 30 hours so far, and I love the potential of the game, but you’re gonna loose a lot of players (who are equivalent to buyers of your next game or expansion) if you don’t fix the bugs and problems the game has, and soon.

Bugs and glitches make the game frustrating, and makes people decide to move on. Problems with the implementation do pretty much the same; you have a realistic setting, with human warriors using historical weapons, so if those warriors or weapons perform differently from what you would expect, people get frustrated.

Just some examples: animation glitches resulting in unblockable attacks, flinching not working correctly, getting stuck in the weirdest places in maps, sprint button often not being recognized until you release and press it again, not being able to jump up on objects like stairs and rocks but being forced to walk around the bottom step or small rock or whatever, archers being able to take on the dedicated melee classes in a melee (I don’t care about the player skill difference, archers should only win such a fight once every blue Monday day and still feel lucky), wildly swinging heavy / two-handed weapons not being penalized (needs a much bigger stamina hit, and depleted stamina needs to have a much more serious effect).

Harder to fix, but still needing to be acknowledged and handled by the developers are the incredible amounts of trolling players: TK’ing either on purpose or by extreme stupidity (like swinging a polearm into a fight that is already 3 friendlies vs 1 opponent, or shooting an arrow into a melee), attacking without challenge or using ranged weapons on duel servers (I can’t imagine it would be that hard to include a Duel gametype that only allows two players to make attacks if they did the challenge while facing each other, and have those attacks only affect each other).

• you have a realistic setting, with human warriors using historical weapons, so if those warriors or weapons perform differently from what you would expect, people get frustrated.

It’s funny how people just don’t get it.

• Don’t you think that this is why they have a ‘Support’ or ‘Ideas and Suggestions’ forum? For people to report bugs and suggest things to the developers. This is the most pointless thread ever.

• @MoshiMarlo:

p6PZhONZ3Ac

• Just so you are aware, Torn Banner is a small group of individuals (15), who are working their butts off and constantly working on issues to fix. A lot of the things you mentioned are things they are aware of or things that have been posted a countless number of times. They have released two patches thus far and will continue to do so. So thanks for your input, it’ll be passed along. In the meantime, enjoy the game and thanks for being patient while they continue to work on it!

• Don’t you think that this is why they have a ‘Support’ or ‘Ideas and Suggestions’ forum? For people to report bugs and suggest things to the developers. This is the most pointless thread ever.

Reporting bugs and suggesting things is not the same as having those bugs fixed or those suggestions implemented. My point is that lots of people bought the game with the Steam sale, and since that time there has been one small patch which somewhat (not even completely) fixed the server browser and did little else. It won’t matter whether behind the scenes two or two thousand men are working hard to fix things - those people will be moving on soon if nothing seems to happen. Even just posting a tentative patch date and list of bugs to be fixed and features to be added in that patch would help people overcome their frustrations and increase their patience. Smaller patches being published faster would also have the same effect - I’m sure these guys are working Agile, right?

Maybe the topic title should have been “Be seen to be fixing problems”?

Just so you are aware, Torn Banner is a small group of individuals (15), who are working their butts off and constantly working on issues to fix. A lot of the things you mentioned are things they are aware of or things that have been posted a countless number of times. They have released two patches thus far and will continue to do so. So thanks for your input, it’ll be passed along. In the meantime, enjoy the game and thanks for being patient while they continue to work on it!

Thanks for your civil response. It’s of course exactly the fact that those things have been posted countless times that makes it so important that they get fixed sooner rather than later. Potential buyers checking out the forums are much more likely to buy the game if they see a friendly community discussing tactics and the merit of one weapon over another, rather than a frustrated bunch that keep posting about the same problems because apparently they don’t feel the message came across the first time.

I hope the TB people also have the chance to play the game sometimes, so they can get a good feel of the complaints and the frustration they bring instead of all problems and suggestions just being entries in a bullet list.

• @zeusbty:

Thanks for your civil response. It’s of course exactly the fact that those things have been posted countless times that makes it so important that they get fixed sooner rather than later. Potential buyers checking out the forums are much more likely to buy the game if they see a friendly community discussing tactics and the merit of one weapon over another, rather than a frustrated bunch that keep posting about the same problems because apparently they don’t feel the message came across the first time.

I hope the TB people also have the chance to play the game sometimes, so they can get a good feel of the complaints and the frustration they bring instead of all problems and suggestions just being entries in a bullet list.

You’re welcome :)

And I agree completely with what you are saying. And yes, TB play the game a lot to do testing and also have some fun as well. They have a very long list and it’s all being worked on. I understand your frustrations, just know that they are looking into everything!