Fire Arrow

• Hi all together,
    simple question: is it possible to use firearrows (as bots use to do)? they are also described in the wiki, but i’ve never seen a human player using them.
    regards dice

• @Dice:

Hi all together,
    simple question: is it possible to use firearrows (as bots use to do)? they are also described in the wiki, but i’ve never seen a human player using them.
    regards dice

FIre arrows were taken out for players. I am guessing for balancing purposes. So for now, no you can’t use them.

• I doubt it was balance issue considering it would easily be the weakest of all arrows. The devs probably didn’t see it as a viable weapon with a real purpose. At least in its current state, it could be modified to be more of an actual weapon.

• i want the oposite for crossbows: night arrows - invisable and deadly. I don’t want people to see that I’m shooting them with my heavy crossbow. Would be SOME kind of advantage for this poor weapon at least

• I would love to set people on fire. That’s the main reason i use an oilpot (other than to interrupt archers aiming at my face).

• I say we get ice arrows that freeze people in place and when they’re hit with blunt weapon, they shatter! Would be awesome!!!

• They should put one poisonous frog on each and every map, whoevers finds it can poison his weapon, arrow or whatever and use it to kill 1 guy within 5 sec of the hit.

So that leads to posionous arrows i guess xD Would sure be interesting on the stoneshill map since when there is the chance of a one hit kill on the king they might just be defending him for once.

• @Slight:

I doubt it was balance issue considering it would easily be the weakest of all arrows. The devs probably didn’t see it as a viable weapon with a real purpose. At least in its current state, it could be modified to be more of an actual weapon.

It would make most of the team objective maps unplayable due to the amount of objectives needing fire to move on such as:

• The signal fire on hillside,
    • The houses being burned down on Stone hill,
    • Market, Wheat farm, visit Barn and Granary on battlegrounds

And probably many others on new maps, atm there is little variety in objectives.

• @Slight:

I doubt it was balance issue considering it would easily be the weakest of all arrows. The devs probably didn’t see it as a viable weapon with a real purpose. At least in its current state, it could be modified to be more of an actual weapon.

Being able to damage people from afar through their shield is a pretty big deal. Plus being set on fire is annoying. Hence why MaA only gets one oilpot or four knives.

• I thought the fire arrow was awesome. But I guess anything that has to do with fire or explosions is awesome.

• Fire arrows were way too overpowerd and not realistic unless the arrow is lit by a nearby fire. Personally i would just scrap that altogether or perhaps replace it with something else?

• @Saraski:

@Slight:

It would make most of the team objective maps unplayable due to the amount of objectives needing fire to move on such as:

• The signal fire on hillside,
    • The houses being burned down on Stone hill,
    • Market, Wheat farm, visit Barn and Granary on battlegrounds

And probably many others on new maps, atm there is little variety in objectives.

Erm… so make only torches light objectives? Where’s you’re creativity man?

@SlyGoat:

@Slight:

Being able to damage people from afar through their shield is a pretty big deal. Plus being set on fire is annoying. Hence why MaA only gets one oilpot or four knives.

Hiding behind your shield constantly is annoying. Every class can stab around a shield/shoot at your feet anyway so your point is a bit moot. Not to mention fire arrows do hardly any damage; they don’t do the same damage as oil pots nor are they as easy to land. I don’t see the big deal surrounding fire arrows, I’d much rather use standard arrows over them anyway so I care little if they’re in the game.