Worthy adversary growing…

• I decided to make a new topic cause lately Ive noticed another game with also a big potential and being similar to Your CMW. It is still in alpha - stage and calls itself “War of The Roses”.
    I found it recently and noticed two differences - less dynamic swordfight and horses availability.
    Can You, Tiberius or any of You, devs could make comment on that production? Have You noticed that game before?

One way or another - I am YET great fan of CMW, and it will be my favourite.

and link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_zXOQI7qFE

cheerz

• To be honest I think War of the Roses is trying to copy another game “Mount and Blade” Far to closely. I think Chivalry is trying something different and original. Also War of the Roses fighting system looks very clunky and unresponsive.

• Indeed we have heard of them.

Let me quote Steve’s reply from the War of the Roses thread in off-topics
    @Tibberius:

Seemed cool, some stuff I liked and some stuff I didn’t. It’s clear that the two games are made for different audiences and play very differently, even in the visuals and pace of things. It was early on so don’t want to jump to any conclusions but from my brief time playing it didn’t seem to capture the same level of immersion, but they seem to have a very deep customization system. I loved Mount and Blade so looking forward to seeing if they can pull this one off as an improvement.

• …Are you aware of the fact that each M&B WB player keeps his eyes on C: MW and WotR to know which one (or both) will play…?

ciauz^^,
    Jab

• @Jab:

…Are you aware of the fact that each M&B WB player keeps his eyes on C: MW and WotR to know which one (or both) will play…?

ciauz^^,
    Jab

Indeed.
    I informed myself about both games, but WotR is too slow-paced, it looks kinda broken, and the customization with perks seems to be too much to be able to balance… but wait and see.

• I’ll probably be playing both games any way but I am most exited for Chivalry by a long shot.
    Still… two great middle age games sounds fine by me.
    Cheers to all game devs for making these awesome games! :cheers:

• WOTR is a strange combat system, not as ‘free’ as CMW, watch the gameplay vids, nothing real about it, its much like M&M:DM

• War of Roses is done by the same company as Mount & Blade, also uses same engine iirc, so it’s kinda the same game, just a bit extra stuff :P

Seems decent, but for me mount and blade was boring, so I’m thinking this would be too, still following its updates though :p

• They’re published by the same company. Developed by two entirely separate teams.

• Traitors! The third person is for the weak and shallow minded! Do not give in to communisim (sorry commie CMW fans). Burn the witches! They all weigh the same as a duck!

Something must be done…

• @HitMan:

Traitors! The third person is for the weak and shallow minded! Do not give in to communisim (sorry commie CMW fans). Burn the witches! They all weigh the same as a duck!

Something must be done…

An ugly duck at that. I always play in first view any way so here’s to strong minded warriors like yourself. :axe:

• @b3h47pte:

They’re published by the same company. Developed by two entirely separate teams.

pretty much the same game anyhow, talesworld for m & b and fatshark for war of the roses, but I do think that totalbiscuit was talking with developers of it, there is a vid somewhere that explains the link etc but meh either way :P

• Who else loves the Smilies and hate roses? Honestly, I think CMW will win out in the long run.

• @HitMan:

Who else loves the Smilies and hate roses? Honestly, I think CMW will win out in the long run.

Perhaps they shall have to go to war over middle age game supremacy! :fenc:

Really though, they are vastly different games. both will have strengths and weaknesses but if there was to be a vote my money is on Chivalry

• @King:

@HitMan:

Who else loves the Smilies and hate roses? Honestly, I think CMW will win out in the long run.

Really though, they are vastly different games. both will have strengths and weaknesses but if there was to be a vote my money is on Chivalry

Its no contest brother, CMW is a far better game in everyone’s opinion. CMW will win in a LANDSLIDE over WOTR.
    Watching the gameplay vids of WOTR just made me nauseous, its like a 5yr old game design gone wrong.
    With current game engines, they could do SO much more.
    But these are but the opinions of a rambling madman

• I think too that C:MW will be better !!!

I actually Test WotR … and hope that i will be able to test C:MW in order to compare and help devs to grow up each game.

May the best Win.

8-)

• @Lancebringer:

@King:

@HitMan:

Its no contest brother, CMW is a far better game in everyone’s opinion. CMW will win in a LANDSLIDE over WOTR.
    Watching the gameplay vids of WOTR just made me nauseous, its like a 5yr old game design gone wrong.
    With current game engines, they could do SO much more.
    But these are but the opinions of a rambling madman

A madman… or a genius? anyone who quotes Wilfrid Scott must be far above the bumbling populace.
    I look forward to combating you in the field. :hornedb:

• I totally agree that CMW will win our hearts (mine for sure). Those are just totally different games, now i see it. And CMW has MUCH bigger potential.

• One more thing must be said.

• CMW and WotR is a two ends of the stick called medieval warfare . While CMW lures people with challenge and a need of learning , WotR chose audience who prefer absence of any of those … smth like i’ll keep spam-slashing and dying and after a few hours i’m going to unlock some shit and rule.Mb a litle bit harshly but that how my view on WotR formed…