Ammo boxes on every map in every game-mode

• Hey guys, I hope you read this and take it to heart.

For the aspiring or experienced archer, loading up the Warbow in a 24 man FFA match on Arena, may seem like a suicidal task. But if you do well, and survive long enough to exhaust your supply of arrows, it becomes mandatory suicide, just to get some arrows back.

I suggest adding ammo boxes to every map in every game-mode. There should be no reason that I have to suicide just to get ammo on a TDM match on Moor, for example. This may bring more people to the archer class, which is almost a requirement in competitive matches.

Please make this happen.

Thanks for your time.

• It’s most sucide play as javeliner you have 4-5 or 6 ammo (depend your spear type)
    You are very fastly out of ammo in LST

A ammo box center of the map with time for capture it and get ammo could be nice

• @shayologo:

It’s most sucide play as javeliner you have 4-5 or 6 ammo (depend your spear type)
    You are very fastly out of ammo in LST

A ammo box center of the map with time for capture it and get ammo could be nice

An ammo chest at the center of the Arena map… at the bottom of the pit… how badly do you want your arrows… hmmmm yesssss :twisted:

• The problem with ammo boxes in LTS/TDM is it becomes a place for a team to camp and spam throwables, particularly fire pots. This is why they were removed in the first place.

• As much as I LOVE my throwables, this definitely would be a mistake. Plus just think of the excitement when you run out of arrows… What do you do?? Can you learn to use your knife?? It’s one of the little mysteries of life xD

• I’m in agreement with restricting ammo boxes. An archer is hardly helpless in melee combat – the very purpose of allowing archers to carry a secondary weapon is in the event of running out of ammo.

• Secondary weapons are there for a reason.

• Simple fix? Put the ammo boxes in strategically weak locations, such as at the bottom of an area or near the fire spewers in Arena, or the middle of the field on Moor, and have them have a team-wide refill timer, so if someone on your team uses it, you can’t refill your firepot for another 30 seconds.

It’s almost a good idea strategically to have them, as it stands now in competitive play, it’s usually a battle of “hide behind this rock and wait for them to come to you.” Bringing the battle to an ammo boxes makes it “Should we stay here and have ammo but be positionally weaker?”

• @SlyGoat:

The problem with ammo boxes in LTS/TDM is it becomes a place for a team to camp and spam throwables, particularly fire pots. This is why they were removed in the first place.

There’s a refill timer on ammo boxes, you know this right? How can you “spam” throwables with a 15second refill?

• doesn’t really matter. Archers don’t need ammo for lts (12 targets + 20 arrows = gg) and archers will be removed from other gamemodes (-TO) anyway ^^

It is sad, however, for javelineers. They really need more ammo. They really do. IF you still have ammo issues, try a crossbow instead. I’d love to see more of them

• @Escadin:

doesn’t really matter. Archers don’t need ammo for lts (12 targets + 20 arrows = gg) and archers will be removed from other gamemodes (-TO) anyway ^^

It is sad, however, for javelineers. They really need more ammo. They really do. IF you still have ammo issues, try a crossbow instead. I’d love to see more of them

You’re assuming 100% accuracy on arrows, most targets take 2 shots as well. so thats 24 arrows? Archers definitely need ammo for LTS.

Also, why would you remove 1/4 of the classes from TO?

• you got me wrong i meant (MINUS TO = except for TO) and it’s not me who wants this. And yes you can’t get 100% but you can get 50% and even if you never headshot (which means you need 2 hits with a warbow) you will take out 5/12 enemies each round on your own ^^
    Ofc, they can get shields etc but that’s just fair, I assume.

• @Phr00t:

@SlyGoat:

The problem with ammo boxes in LTS/TDM is it becomes a place for a team to camp and spam throwables, particularly fire pots. This is why they were removed in the first place.

There’s a refill timer on ammo boxes, you know this right? How can you “spam” throwables with a 15second refill?

15 seconds between volleys of throwables from your entire team isn’t that much.

It was also completely horrible in FFA especially.

• There’s a fairly simple fix for this. Implement a “hard cap” of ammo any class can acquire. This would result in X number of refills, in addition to the cooldown (which I think is unnecessary). So, while your shortbow has a soft cap of 35 arrows, you can actually use 70 arrows in total (1 refill). That’s one extra quiver.

This would differ from class to class. For instance, the javelineer ought to get 25 extra javelins or so, as opposed to the one extra quiver a bowman gets.

I would also ask that the game tracks this by individual projectiles, not refills. So if you shoot one arrow and refill, you won’t waste all those extra arrows; you’ll have 34 more arrows you can get from any given ammo box.

Obviously, this is just for LTS and any modes in which infinitely replenishable ammo is problematic.

• Or maybe use the most obvious solution of simply picking arrows from the ground/dead bodies. this solution can also be used for other throwables, but should be limited to missed shots only (to prevent axe spam).

• @SilentDawn:

Or maybe use the most obvious solution of simply picking arrows from the ground/dead bodies. this solution can also be used for other throwables, but should be limited to missed shots only (to prevent axe spam).

You already can pick up axes and javelins.

• @ReMixx:

@SilentDawn:

Or maybe use the most obvious solution of simply picking arrows from the ground/dead bodies. this solution can also be used for other throwables, but should be limited to missed shots only (to prevent axe spam).

Not from corpses, unfortunately. And there’s currently a bug making them disappear when they hit certain world entities.

• @SlyGoat:

@Phr00t:

@SlyGoat:

15 seconds between volleys of throwables from your entire team isn’t that much.

It was also completely horrible in FFA especially.

Refill timer is across all players, no? At least it seems that way in TO.

The real issue for me is the lack of consistency.
    Some maps have ammo crates, some don’t.
    Some versions of some maps do, some versions don’t.

If the refill timer is shared by all players in the match I don’t see a problem with every map having at least 1 crate located in a tactically poor location.

• @ReMixx:

@SilentDawn:

WOOT?! :o

Edit: well, yep, it does work. however i was unable to pick up axes.

• This might be an absurd idea, but what if arrows and javelins ammo would be separate? Only making javelin accessible in Last Team Standing? Just the thinking to make javelins more versatile.

Love the game
    Keep up the good work
    MoutainLord-Los