Getting worse instead of better?

• I’ve been playing the game pretty steady for a couple of weeks now and have been getting better over time. It seems though the last few days I’ve been getting worse or everyone else is getting better. I typically play MAA but lately it’s been nothing but frustration and rage quitting. I can’t event seem to win a 1 vs 1 battle anymore. I can’t sneak up on anyone anymore…can’t even kill a freakin’ archer from behind while he’s reloading a crossbow. Does any one else go through these bouts?

• The community as a whole is becoming more experienced as time passes… If I was in a server with people pwning my butt, I would jump to another server.

• It happens to me when I play too much. It just means that I need to play something else for a little bit and then come back…

• Getting frustrated makes you play worse. Playing worse makes you frustrated.

• It’s not that you’re getting worse, it is your expectations that are higher. I used to be very fine with a KD ratio of 1, but now if its less than 2 it feels like a bad game.

Also before being more skilled you probably did not noticed the noob things you did, but now you do. Another thing is that you probably cleave trough unskilled player (which you quickly forget) and then die to better players, which is all you remember at the end of the fight.

• Nope. I’m always the best. ;)

• Try to bring some comedy and let the whole room loosen up a bit.

• People are starting to learn how to block facehug LMB spam MAAs. You’re probably running into that.

• @demonwing:

People are starting to learn how to block facehug LMB spam MAAs. You’re probably running into that.

It’s a good thing that’s not how I play then. Nice of you to assume that though.

• @T_Roy:

@demonwing:

People are starting to learn how to block facehug LMB spam MAAs. You’re probably running into that.

It’s a good thing that’s not how I play then. Nice of you to assume that though.

Assumptions make the world go 'round~

• @elakelaset:

It’s not that you’re getting worse, it is your expectations that are higher. I used to be very fine with a KD ratio of 1, but now if its less than 2 it feels like a bad game.

Also before being more skilled you probably did not noticed the noob things you did, but now you do. Another thing is that you probably cleave trough unskilled player (which you quickly forget) and then die to better players, which is all you remember at the end of the fight.

This is a good point. When i was new to chivalry, it was “I CHOPPED SOMEONE’S HEAD OFF MUAHAHAHA”, now it’s more like “I parried 0.2secs early, stupid stupid”. As you improve you’ll continually raise your standards and perceptions.

• I play substantially better after consuming large amounts of caffeine.

• @Emerald:

Getting frustrated makes you play worse. Playing worse makes you frustrated.

it’s this. I get that too…
    Playing with my clan is the best solution to me but you might just play a whole other game OR go outside :O

• I’m thinking that perhaps I’m not cut out for MAA. After another terrible start to an objective game (0-7) I grabbed a Vanguard and went to town. Ended up finishing 24-11. The next three or so games I played I was always in the top 3 with a KD of close to 2:1. Playing as a squishy MAA has obviously made me better at Vanguard and Knight so I guess I just need more practice. I really do enjoy MAA, especially because it seems to be somewhat of a niche class, but when you’re up against pretty much only Knights and Vanguards it’s rather difficult, at least for me.

• yea it’s totally obvious that you just need a change or break from maa ^^ vanguard also has kind of a low skill ceiling and is best played flanking like a maa so why don’t you stick with that for a while?

• All these things are factors but I also feel like there has been a definite rise in the average player skill. Especially in contrast to the new population after the Steam sale, there are more experienced players running around making MaA life difficult. More people have learned to feint or parry stab’n’sweep, not to mention the ol’chop’n’bend. To top it off, a MaA is a one or two shot kill so everybody will usually target you first.
    If there are really good players who dispatch me with ease, I’ll seek them out again and again, to try to learn what they’re doing. K/D isn’t important.

• I agree about K/D not being as important with a MAA, but when you’re barely getting any kills it’s not helping the team either. I’m definitely being targeted over other players on my team, especially since I’m usually the only MAA on my team. I try to stick with flanking, harassing archers, defending my archers etc. Very rarely will I go into a clusterfuck looking to pick of weakened foes. Anyway enough crying from me. I’m going to keep at it and eventually get it or break my keyboard and/or mouse.

• Vanguard helicopter is the solution to frustration.

• You know, sometimes I start getting annoyed, but then people start spamming the excellent taunts and hotkeyed words. The voices in this game make me laugh without fail because they’re so damn awesome… I just can’t stay mad haha.

<3 this game.

I want to see it go on sale again so I can force some of my friends to buy it.

• Could also be the weather. I play horribly when it’s too cold in the room because I shiver and my hands get stiff. If i put on warmer clothes it’s better. Loud music, better still. Plus, sometimes you just have to stop playing for a few days. If you find yourself getting frustrated a lot and the game isn’t fun it’s a good sign you’ve been playing too much. Take a week off and you’ll start playing a lot better when you get back.