Bug? Bodkin / Broadhead arrows do same damage to MAA

• Broadhead arrows are listed as doing more damage to Light classes, namely Archer and MAA. This is working just fine with Archers, they take lethal damage from one torso shot with Broadhead, and require 2 hits from Bodkin arrows to kill.

Broadhead and Bodkin arrows currently do the same damage to Men at Arms. For a class that already is capable of using a shield to evade archers quite easily, I suggest that Broadhead arrows kill MAA in one strike just like Archers. MAA that take fire-pots instead of a shield should really suffer some penalty, in that they should be more vulnerable to an archer. They are already difficult to hit.

As it stands, the choice between Broadhead/Bodkin arrows just comes down to how many heavy classes the opposing team has, or how many archers. This is too simple of a choice; I believe having Broadhead arrows do more damage to MAA will impact this choice greatly.

Thank you.

• I disagree. Why? For many factors
    The MAA is the less played class cuz some servers prohibit the use of 3rd person and set the friendly fire to 100%, reducing the visibility (so, the dodge is more difficult to use) and making you die every time for TK. I’m not telling that the MAA is the only class how dies to TK but considering that he is the more vulnerable class that must get close to kill you can imagine how hard team killers bother the game of a MAA.
    NOW, consider the fact of a Maa dying with just with 1 broad arrow. What is the chance to dying every time (if you are a Maa) you engage an enemy if is there archers in YOUR team fighting against the enemy with those arrows?
    I can imagine you telling “but it just happens in a couple servers”, yea but I’m from Brazil and we have just 2 servers that belongs to the same guy and the mother fucker don’t allow us to use 3rd person and set the FF to 100% so this is a reality that affects me.
    And don’t try to say to me play in US/EU servers if you know how annoying is play with 250+ ping.

• Team damage should have no balance on the game. It happens, but should you balance a game around getting TK’ed? no.

• @Phr00t:

Team damage should have no balance on the game. It happens, but should you balance a game around getting TK’ed? no.

Agreed. Third person is the same way; it’s not valid to be considered for balance concerns. People not wanting to play MaA generally shouldn’t be factored into the equation either; if this is a problem to be addressed then it’s a “fun” problem, not necessarily a balance one.

Moving on, this isn’t a bug. Man-at-Arms has equal armor towards every damage type. A .85 coefficient for all damage types. I’ve suggested to give him more pierce/blunt resistance, which would indeed make the broadhead more effective against him (relatively speaking).

This is a problem because it makes bodkin arrows the clear choice in nigh every situation, especially given crossbows can be better against archers anyway. It might be alleviated by giving the broadhead arrows a little more raw damage, but this would likely make it problematic towards archers.

• @BerserkerSan:

I disagree. Why? For many factors
    The MAA is the less played class cuz some servers prohibit the use of 3rd person and set the friendly fire to 100%, reducing the visibility (so, the dodge is more difficult to use)

err. I never use 3rd person as maa

• @smokingbobs:

@BerserkerSan:

I disagree. Why? For many factors
    The MAA is the less played class cuz some servers prohibit the use of 3rd person and set the friendly fire to 100%, reducing the visibility (so, the dodge is more difficult to use)

err. I never use 3rd person as maa

I guess he meant 3rd for the player who is AGAINST a maa, but I have never tested this. Also, I’m sure the bonus damage wouldn’t make longbow / shortbow take any less hits in order to kill maa. Only warbow might probably get from 2 to 1 shoting maa -> bottomline: this would only be a buff for the already strongest -in some people’s opinion even OP - bow. I don’t think we’d need that.

Besides that maa is rather a soloclass on pubs, which he can do quite well if you’re just good enough. The dark age primitus tournament shows me maa is just fine for teams who can appreciate them, but you can’t expect pubs to appreciate anything anyone ever did… Which means most people are frankly just too bad for playing maa. :P