I'm a retard - help please. black boxes everywehre

• I start up a server. When someone tries to join my server through the “steam servers\favorites” they open up the chivalry dedicated tool. Am I hosting a server of the server tool?

Feel free to see for yourself 65.31.41.211. ( I figured I would try minecraft port XD)

I don’t know what I did wrong… but no one else seems to be having this problem so I figure someone here might know what I’m doing wrong.

• What is the port? 7777?

• Port is 7777 77778 and the last one I’ve tried a number of ports. all with the same result.

• Try this:

Open: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_ded_server\Binaries\Win32

Create shortcut on desktop of UDKLogging.exe

Right click & select properties

In the “Target” field, paste - “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_ded_server\Binaries\Win32\UDKLogging.exe” AOCFFA-Arena3_P?steamsockets? -seekfreeloadingserver -Port=7777 -QueryPort=27015 -dedicated=true

replacing the bolded map name with that of your preference. Run the shortcut and take notice of any errors, etc. To edit your server’s configuration, look to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_ded_server\UDKGame\Config \PCServer-UDKGame.ini

Hope this helps!

• When I do that the server starts up fine and even gives me the server UID. it says startinternet game 1. It seems like it should be working just fine.

The problem is when I even try to join through LAN servers list in steam it just opens up the udk.exe on my computer… My server opens… the chivalry ded server? It makes no sense to me :(

Still doesn’t show up on server list… it’s strange.

• @Sputnik_15:

When I do that the server starts up fine and even gives me the server UID. it says startinternet game 1. It seems like it should be working just fine.

The problem is when I even try to join through LAN servers list in steam it just opens up the udk.exe on my computer… My server opens… the chivalry ded server? It makes no sense to me :(

Still doesn’t show up on server list… it’s strange.

Try joining by IP address from in game.

Open the in-game console (tilde key) and type in:

open ipaddress:port

• It does nothing when I use the open ip:port command in game.

So it’s not possible to be accidently somehow hosting a dedicated server of the dedicated server? the udk.exe?

When my brother tried to join through steam servers/ favorites and put in my ip… it told him he had to download the ded server on steam… when he did when he joins my 'server" through steam servers he opens up the black box without logs.

I don’t know what’s going on but… it’s a problem I’ve never seen anyone have except for me.

• Please paste the entire target of the shortcut that you are using to launch the dedicated server.

• When I was first starting to get my server online, I was editing the wrong .ini file, so my server displayed as “Dev Testing Server” or something of the sort in the server list.

Also, you got the ports opened through the router and firewall rule allowed, yes?

• “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_ded_server\Binaries\Win32\UDKLogging.exe” AOCFFA-Arena3_P?steamsockets? -seekfreeloadingserver -Port=7777 -QueryPort=27015 -dedicated=true

I’ve tried a lot but that’s the current one I’m using.

The ini file should be the correct one since I named it sput.

All ports are opened. I’m sure of that :)

• Accidental Double post.

• Let me know when it’s online next, I’ll try connecting to it.

• It’s been online for the past day. I just leave it up in case anyone tries to join or reads the thread :)

• @Sputnik_15:

It’s been online for the past day. I just leave it up in case anyone tries to join or reads the thread :)

You posted a few different port numbers earlier… so IP and port? :)

port 27015

• @Sputnik_15:

port 27015

Duh I forgot that you listed your launch parameters earlier. 27015 is your query port. 7777 is the game port that we would connect to as players!

Can’t connect to it though :(

• It certainly is strange… I’ve read through every thread I could… and It seems as if It should be working…

Do you know why it would pop up the dedicated server for people who try to join?

Should I post any configs?

• @Sputnik_15:

It certainly is strange… I’ve read through every thread I could… and It seems as if It should be working…

Do you know why it would pop up the dedicated server for people who try to join?

Should I post any configs?

Uhm, well it’s not popping up the dedicated server for me… I just flatout can’t join (timeout). Is it allowed through your firewall and router/modem?

• It sure is. My friends can join and it pops the black screen up for them.