Suggestions/Bugs

• First off, absolutely fantastic game. By far my favourite, and will likely continue to be. I’ll start out by listing a few glitches I’ve noticed:

1. When feinting a throw with javelins (usually just to cancel the throw) sometimes the throwing animation is played, and the player suffers the reload penalty, even though nothing was thrown.

2. In ffa, if you wind up as a Mason and you have a veteran helm, the helm is Agathan while the rest of the avatar is Mason. The shout (sprint + c) is the actual Mason voice, but the challenge (stationary + c) and voice codes (z or x + 1-9) are actually the Agatha voices.

3. This doesn’t happen often, and could have just been lag, but I have hit an opponent during the wind-up and had the animation for his swing still play, but not do anything and then get followed by an oddly hasty swing that does, in fact, deal damage.

That’s all I can think of for now, I will add more when/if I notice anything else if this is helping you at all.

I also have a few suggestions for the game, I will keep them realistic as I am aware you are a small developer team.

1. I anxiously await the future customization mentioned in the video last patch, but I am just wondering if it would be possible even to add the ability to chose Mason or Agatha in FFA. It’s not a big deal, but I tend to prefer the Agatha Knight skin and voice acting to the Mason. I play duels/ffa a lot, so it’d be nice to be able to chose.

2. I started renting a Multiplay server, because I’ve been loving this game since the beta version, and it’s quite fantastic. I do think it would be nice to be able to have games that aren’t restricted to the 10 minute time limit, but if it is consistency you desire I can respect that.

At that, I’d like to thank you for doing such an amazing job with Chivalry. It’s uniqueness is incredible, I’ve never been more impressed by a game. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

• A very good post and I like how you understand the developers and set realistic suggestions for them. ;)
    @Westonthehalfwit:

3. This doesn’t happen often, and could have just been lag, but I have hit an opponent during the wind-up and had the animation for his swing still play, but not do anything and then get followed by an oddly hasty swing that does, in fact, deal damage.

You can only cancel an opponents wind up at the very start of their swing. Once their swing has passed 1/2 of their animation, you cannot cancel it. It will always go through.

• I’m aware of this, that’s why I said “during wind-up,” this glitch is a rare occurrence in which a weapon swing animation plays twice, first at regular speed and second much faster. The first one is the glitch and does no damage, then the second hasty swing does.

• I think the repeating animations are related to latency and the idle flinch, because it just started showing up when idle flinch was added. Basically what I believe to be happening is that you’re hitting them in idle moments before they start their swing; but the flinch doesn’t “register” for them during idle because of latency, so it still plays their swing animation on your screen, while on their screen they were flinched. Then if they start another attack after the flinch (and let’s be honest, they always do, those spammers) it’ll look like their swing is repeating.

That’s just my guess, anyway. It’ll be fixed no matter what’s causing it, no worries.