"I surrender!" feature

• Here is another suggestion (hopefully it hasn’t been suggested before):
    Add the option for players to surrender when they are the last man standing facing difficult odds - minimum 4 players vs. the last player on the other team. This could add more diversity and fun to the game in an otherwise boring gang bang situation.

The surrendering should be like;
    1. you press the surrender button

2. your character says some cowardly words “i beg for mercy” “I surrender” “Please, let me live!”, and then plays an animation to throw his weapon to the ground and making some pathetic begging gesture.

3. after a few seconds, provided you haven’t been killed first, the other team will win.
    Your own team might call you a coward and the like, but hey, it’s just a fun feature once in a while.

• I don’t like the idea of the entire team losing beause of that, but I like the rest.

• But if not lose, whats the point of it? Its meant for people who are not willing to take on 4 opponents, either because they are scared and lack skill, or for whatever other reason.

• This feature would never work for me. I would never surrender and I would always crush someone surrendering with a maul. Always. No mercy.

• @Elminster:

But if not lose, whats the point of it? Its meant for people who are not willing to take on 4 opponents, either because they are scared and lack skill, or for whatever other reason.

I prefer a coward who runs and then gets killed than a coward who cries and drops his weapons. :D

• ^ Try to swing that to someone that murders someone [close to you] and runs away versus a cowards that murders someone and surrenders.

I don’t see this being necessary. You can always just into the fray and die, leave the game, win… yeah I’ll choose win.

• @Slaughtervomit:

This feature would never work for me. I would never surrender and I would always crush someone surrendering with a maul. Always. No mercy.

Indeed, to hell with mercy! And if you really want to give up, there is but one way to kill yourself with honor…jump off the cliffs at hillside just before they can get you. But throw an axe or a firepot or something ike that first

• It’d be nice to add this for shits and giggles, which many games don’t have…

• Games more doods bragging in the face of death. Maybe the iconic “Its just a flash wound” quote thrown in there.

• @Slaughtervomit:

This feature would never work for me. I would never surrender and I would always crush someone surrendering with a maul. Always. No mercy.

My thoughts exactly. :D

• I think this would be a fun option, but it seems pretty exclusive to last man standing. Also I don’t think it’s gonna stop anyone from dying but it would add to the cinematic appeal of the game. As far as competitive play I assume you would just not use it, because you never know when you can upset the odds.

• They should make the option possible but only for the last man standing in LTS, and if the game is finished, all those who surrendered during the match are made to wear joker suits and the other players can throw tomatoes at them as they have to run around on a platform with their jingle shoes

• This could be done as in Napoleonic Wars, with the character raisin his hands and shouting “I surrender!”

Its mostly used to fool around though.

• @KingOfPolarBears:

They should make the option possible but only for the last man standing in LTS, and if the game is finished, all those who surrendered during the match are made to wear joker suits and the other players can throw tomatoes at them as they have to run around on a platform with their jingle shoes

This or just don’t put it in.

Personally I don’t see the point of it at all. If you don’t want to fight against the odds go AFK and get a drink for the next round or something.

• Yeah, i know, but i want to throw tomatoes at cowards in joker suits with jingle shoes :jrazz:

• If surrendering meant you committed suicide (thus negatively affecting your self and k/d ratio as well), I wouldn’t mind it at all. It would be a feature I wouldn’t use… at all.

• They could replace it with its current suicide option, instead of just blowing up.

• sounds like fun, but in reality it would just be abused by trolls to piss random people off who want to enjoy the game. i’ll fight to my last breath kicking and screaming, thank you. OP author: if you like surrendering: there’s this certain other recently released medieval combat game i own & don’t play anymore where you do that all the time. ;-P

• @wildwulfy:

They could replace it with its current suicide option, instead of just blowing up.

I think blowing up is awesome… I kinda wish the explosion was bigger and more elaborate!

• @Metrocop:

I don’t like the idea of the entire team losing beause of that, but I like the rest.

Many players just suicide or jump into the lake when survive for last so I can’t see why not.

+1