Kickvotes desperately need a change

• At least as a temporary fix, add a requirement of at least 5 votes (so at least 5 players cast a yes/no vote) for a kickvote to actually count. With <5 players and/or <5 yes/no votes, kickvotes should just fail.

With the current system, it only takes 2 players to put an empty server on lockdown, as kickvotes will always result 66% in favour.

• @Nerfed:

With the current system, it only takes 2 players to put an empty server on lockdown, as kickvotes will always result 66% in favour.

Why would you want to play on a server with two guys who are probably friends playing with each other? Let them have their fun.

• @ReMixx:

Why would you want to play on a server with two guys who are probably friends playing with each other? Let them have their fun.

Because I enjoy low-pop servers, and they’re public servers. If people want a private server, they should host it themselves.

Additionally, they’re not the owners of the server. They have no right in any way to deny me from playing on the server as long as I don’t break any server rules.

• But as It is public they also have the right to votekick you :? But i can understand you, the votekicksystem needs some work. I don’t know what should change but something has, got kicked 3 times for being first and One time for playing with an xbow in lts

• It is a mess and needs work. It’s also just annoying…like why the heck is there a vote every 5 minutes? Half the votes start because someone got mad over being TK’ed.

Hint: that is part of the game lol.

Now if he TKs you 3 times, that is probably a problem.

• @Aisar:

It is a mess and needs work. It’s also just annoying…like why the heck is there a vote every 5 minutes? Half the votes start because someone got mad over being TK’ed.

Hint: that is part of the game lol.

Now if he TKs you 3 times, that is probably a problem.

I totally agree with you man. Have yoù also encounterd those guys that randomly starts attacking you n the back and kill you. The next time they try this again but after blocking him for a whule you decide it’s been long enough and kill him, then he starts a votekick against you and you get kicked. (the guy is on your team in this situation. Btw :p)

• I agree that the votekick needs a reworking. It is really easy to troll. It is also really annoying when someone easily “butthurt” learns how to start a vote. Should just take 2-3 people typing the votekick command in console before the vote is started.

• @KingOfPolarBears:

But as It is public they also have the right to votekick you

The pavement in front of my house is public property. Does that give me the right to beat the living shit out of anyone walking on it?

Either the definition of public [insert anything] has changed drastically since I last checked, or your logic is flawed.

• Dude, calm your tits. You are just exaggerating right now, i just said that it’s your right to be on a public sever but as IT is a right of the player to votekick people they can votekick you and it’s legit. It’s according to the “law” of this game, killing people on the streets iSN’t permitted by the law or anything else for that matter.

• @KingOfPolarBears:

Dude, calm your tits. You are just exaggerating right now, i just said that it’s your right to be on a public sever but as IT is a right of the player to votekick people they can votekick you and it’s legit. It’s according to the “law” of this game, killing people on the streets iSN’t permitted by the law or anything else for that matter.

I merely used your logic in a different scenario. If someone attacks me at random, I have the right to retaliate and defend myself. However, I am in no case ever allowed to strike first, especially if there is no reason, or with the reason being “I claim this pavement! IT’S MINE! GET OFF MY PAVEMENT!”

The same goes for kickvotes. They’re useful for getting rid of teamkillers, cheaters, and any other forms of griefers. But you shouldn’t be able to just abuse the system to claim a public server.

• Lol agree there needs to be something done as the biggest problem are tools that it finds it funny to votekick people. Last night a guy was tking our team and a votekick was started, it failed and he stayed in. He attacked me in spawn so i killed him, then I got kicked and the original tker stayed lol…

So frustrating! Hopefully there is something that could be done, even stats to show tks or something.

• Lol, i know those guys, happened to me a few times as well. Hope they’ll gigure something out soon, and displaying the tk’s would come in quite handy, but where would you put the stat? Because verybody should be able to see It, right? Else it isn’t very useful :p

• @KingOfPolarBears:

Lol, i know those guys, happened to me a few times as well. Hope they’ll gigure something out soon, and displaying the tk’s would come in quite handy, but where would you put the stat? Because verybody should be able to see It, right? Else it isn’t very useful :p

Scoreboard shows points, kills, deaths. Might as well show tks as well.

• But is there enough space? I mean, they show the assists below the scoreboard too.