Destructable catapults

• Out of simple curiosity, what is the point behind this mechanic? I’ve noticed that if you smack a catapult a couple times it will fall apart, awesome in theory - but the thing respawns good as new within 30 seconds it seems like. Needless to say that makes breaking it in the first place virtually meaningless. Is this just a feature that has not been fully implemented yet, a bug?

• You could destroy a catapult? I never knew and would be very helpful to do.

• Seen it get destroyed, respawned instantly afterwards. It was as though nothing had happened at all.

• If anything the respawn timer should be at least 3 minutes. Right now it’s “I’m breakin yer toysssss!”…. Magical respawn into Sadfase :C

• i even were happy if the “teleport-exit” couldn’t be abused to dodge projectiles. It really feels uncompleted there, they should either break, break for a significant time or be indestructable- not all and none of them ^^

PS: looking forward to maps with catapults for both teams!

• @Emerald:

Seen it get destroyed, respawned instantly afterwards. It was as though nothing had happened at all.

It’s just odd, they went through all the trouble of modeling the broken catapult, adding sound effects, animating it and then put it on a respawn timer so fast that it negates the whole point of the endeavor.

• You can destroy the ballistas that are needed to destroy the mason ships, too.

• @Bandit1906:

You can destroy the ballistas that are needed to destroy the mason ships, too.

Do they respawn? (the ballista’s)

• they do respawn after roughly 30 sec, if you have to withdraw and wait for reinforcments you can buy your team some time with 4-5 overheads on a ballista

• Ok, cool, and for the overheads, does it matter which weapon you use? Or is it just 4-5 overheads with any weapon?

• I would guess that the weapon matters. I used my trusty mace, that’s 38 dmg per overhead, 4-5 strikes would mean the ballistas have around 150hp? That’s only 2 overheads for a maul.
    I’m looking for an opportunity to test it.

• I feel they should instate a “repair time” instead of automatic respawning. Right now, it takes about as much time to destroy it as it does to respawn. That’s not a worthy investment of time on part of the attacker. It should take either 1-2 minutes of respawn time, or a good amount of time to repair.

Ballistas ought to take a shorter time to repair/respawn, though, especially if they’re objective-critical (ala hillside).

• I got a chance to try it yesterday. I managed to destory a ballista with 2 maul overheadstrikes.
    HP for ballistas seems to be around 150-200, and they respawn after 15 sec.

• I had a catapult become invisible after it respawned. I could just run through it but if the catapult fired a shot i was catapulted in the air. Was funny.