First Major Content Update to Land in January

• @heady89:

Personally haven’t really had any issues with the new server-browser since they switched it. Works fine here.

Dear God, have you blessed this very man with divine non-fakecount serwer browser? Praise the Lord!

• @heady89:

Unplayable, are you kidding me? What a joke.
    It’s very playable with some minor bugs , most of them ironed out already.

Each person and each system has quirks that affect one person while not affecting another.

Just because the game runs fine for you, that doesn’t mean that it works fine for others…… PC’s are not Consoles, thus many different specs and setups, which means a greater chance of bugs.

For me, the game runs just fine… I have a few graphical glitches like ghost weapons flickering on players when viewing them play, etc. but nothing game breaking.

But that doesn’t mean that I don’t think others can have more serious issues.

If the game was just fine, patches wouldn’t be needed… right?

@Stuboi:

Name me ONE good game which hasn’t patched out bugs after its formal release?

I mean honestly. This is why there are alpha and beta stages. It is nearly impossible to iron out everything without having an expanded community to play the game. The best results and the quickest way to find and iron out bugs is to have an official release. Open it up to everybody and the bugs will only be found and fixed quicker that way.

We shouldn’t be slamming or trying to think negatively of the developers. Remember there are probably only a dozen, perhaps a little more working on the game and very limited resources in comparison to the big boys on the market.

Remember the game is still quite new. Of course there WILL be bugs, the devs are only human guys, (I think so…) and there are bound to be bugs in the near future.

Hats off to you!

Indeed… also keep in mind that smaller developers do not typically have hundreds of extra PC’s with various specs sitting around to test the game on to ensure all bugs are fixed. While they can try and get all of the obvious bugs ironed out, many more are always found when launched to the public due to the different modems, internet connections, video cards, OS’s, CPU’s, RAM, etc. etc. etc….

How many times was Half-Life 1 and its Mods Patched since 1998??

How many years was HL1 / CS / DoD / TFC patched??

Countless times if I remember correctly and patched long after HL2 was released. And I remember they did an update/patch that that patch may have fixed a number of issues, but ended up screwing up several other things… a couple of times the online gameplay was shut down for everybody around the world for a day or two because of some critical mess up during patching, that forced them to rush around to make a new quick patch to fix the problem.

Skyrim needed patches, CoD needed patches, EVERY GAME since the dawn of online gameplay has required a patch of some description or another.

Before, you had Nintendos, Segas, C64’s, Ataris and 386 PC’s that only ran single player games… running on a very small variation in specs between computers… or no variations at all, thus very easy to test and ensure there were no issues playing the game.

Those days are gone… and even today’s consoles like the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii’s / WiiU’s all require updates and patches to fix things… each console all have the same specs as one another, with the exception of different HD’s depending on what you pay for… yet even still they have bugs.

So to crap all over Indie companies for releasing a game with some bugs is not only ignorant, but pretty foolish to say the least.

It’s almost like some people never played or bought a video game before. :?

@kdaber:

…… There are different ways to prevent bugs before the release, “if there is a will there is a way”. For example, if it is really imposible to polish a game unless a lot of players are playing it, you can launch a beta release for free to gather a lot of people interested in play as betatesters, and once the anoying problems have gone the final release can be launched.

Tripwire Interactive did that with Red Orchestra 2…. I was one of the Beta Testers prior to release… they also pushed back the release date in order to fix as many bugs as they could… yet bugs still existed at launch.

Bugs still exist to this day… well over a year after launch.

Great idea you got there… too bad that it’s not original, that it’s already been done before, and that it still isn’t a perfect fix.

As I wrote in the previous post…, it is a matter of time. I suppose that according to the current scene, the economically safe way to launch a game is to release it as soon as possible, and if the game has enough sales more work will be invested on it. That way isn’t very fair, because what you are really buying is half-game plus a promise, and it depends on some factors to became true or not. Anyway you will have to “suffer” in the meantime the frustration caused by the lack of polishing. That manner is common only because customers are accustomed to it, otherwise it would be a complete failure and it would never be done.

Again, it isn’t the 80’s anymore and we’re no longer just playing 1-2 player video games on a console that is exactly the same as what everybody else has…… the “REALITY” of the world today is that because every PC has different specifications and unlimited amount of combinations of hardware within them, you can not find and fix all the bugs that are in the game until the game is released on a large scale and operated by many using those countless variations of PC’s.

And if you don’t like that, then maybe you shouldn’t be playing PC games and should stick to 1-2 player games on a Super Nintendo.

• Please fix server browser and friend system, now its very hard to play with friends!

• Yep, the server browser is a real joke. Jedi Knight 3 got a better one and that game is 10 years old

• any news about the release? D:

• @Satiro88:

any news about the release? D:

lol… just lol. just sit back and wait.

• it doesn’t sound good

• @NORDAViND:

@Satiro88:

any news about the release? D:

lol… just lol. just sit back and wait.

What’s so funny? We’re all excited.
    Whether the news is good, bad, or completely uncertain, it’s always nice to hear how things are coming along. I definitely prefer that to the secretive approach.

• @PedroFromHell:

What’s so funny? We’re all excited.
    Whether the news is good, bad, or completely uncertain, it’s always nice to hear how things are coming along. I definitely prefer that to the secretive approach.

Totally agree. Case in point: Half-Life 2: Episode 3/Half-Life 3.

• I’m so excited! :berz:

• well it just looks to me like everyone of you is sitting 24/7 in front of your comp and waiting for the update… god get some real life and WHOOOSH… the update is there ;). nerds

• @NORDAViND:

nerds

Says the Alpha Tester.

• @NORDAViND:

well it just looks to me like everyone of you is sitting 24/7 in front of your comp and waiting for the update… god get some real life and WHOOOSH… the update is there ;). nerds

This is really funny actually. You don’t have to put all your energy to it to wait for something or be excited about it. I didn’t play the game in a long time and i am going to when the update hits for example, so instead of answering to people in that manner and calling them nerds while sitting on your computer yourself, try to grasp the basic concept that when people get excited over things they want to have some information about it time to time.

• We all know that nerds is a compliment nowadays, right? It’s not like how it was in the 80’s… ;)

• OMG OMG OMG!!! The month is almost over!! When’s the Patch??

:P

• Toil, toil, toil. 8-)

• Developer

We don’t know exactly what day it will release or we would tell you! At this point the best we can guess is “some point in January”. Sorry, we’re not be secretive, we just don’t know yet as we’re still working on getting things ready.

• @Tibberius:

We don’t know exactly what day it will release or we would tell you! At this point the best we can guess is “some point in January”. Sorry, we’re not be secretive, we just don’t know yet as we’re still working on getting things ready.

Das cool. Thanks for the update big T

• My birthday is on sunday 13 january , would be nice if i get the update as a present ;)

thnx in advance

• @Tibberius:

No probs from me… I just thought I’d add a bit of humour to the mix 8-)

It’ll be ready when it’s ready. Looking forward to it.