First Major Content Update to Land in January

• I look forward to see a knight run with the flag, followed by 10 men at arms :)

• Hmm , no thanks , really I am thinking not to vote for chivalry .
    Warsow is proven its competitive value , chivalry is questionable .
    Seems devs of chivalry really dislikes competivity , even to change working mechanics against any common sense only because several retards told you to , ROFL .

Maybe it will be someday , but morelikely is not , because ones dreams maybe wasn’t about fair , honourable , glourious knight battles as it was claimed , but about money .

• -I don’t get why people make such a big deal about flail, when i would play AOC there would be like only 3 guys using flail in a server.
    -The new map looks ultra super laggy, don’t think my comp will handle it.
    -CTF seems awesome, i wonder if its like how the picture for the game shows it, how the flag is on a vanguards polearm.

• @venomblade:

I wonder if Duel Mode will be reminiscient of Rune’s Arena mode, where you would go into the waiting area, have a number above your head and when it’s your turn, get teleported down to the arena. That was another amazing game with revolutionary combat that didn’t get too much attention, but I’d played it for 12 years of my life, and Chivalry is most likely going to become my new Rune.

Thats a great idea , im and olkdskool rune player too and the arena mode was awesome , everytime youll fight the one the has won the last fight , so you have to fight to keep your spot in the arena , otherwise you go back in line and wait your turn to face the champion again , makes the fight much more fun.
    players getting pumped up in the waiting area , looking down on the fight in the arena …… great stuff

plsss devs , put it in the game , it will be a succses ! :D

rune HOV —> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXupja4irII

• @pipi666:

@venomblade:

I wonder if Duel Mode will be reminiscient of Rune’s Arena mode, where you would go into the waiting area, have a number above your head and when it’s your turn, get teleported down to the arena. That was another amazing game with revolutionary combat that didn’t get too much attention, but I’d played it for 12 years of my life, and Chivalry is most likely going to become my new Rune.

Thats a great idea , im and olkdskool rune player too and the arena mode was awesome , everytime youll fight the one the has won the last fight , so you have to fight to keep your spot in the arena , otherwise you go back in line and wait your turn to face the champion again , makes the fight much more fun.
    players getting pumped up in the waiting area , looking down on the fight in the arena …… great stuff

that would be cool, but i’d suggest to have multiple arenas at the same map

• will this be on beta servers before release and will there be an european beta server this time?

• @smokingbobs:

@pipi666:

@venomblade:

that would be cool, but i’d suggest to have multiple arenas at the same map

I’m just gonna keep the snowball that is this quote chain rolling by saying that despite never having played rune this idea sounds like a great way to work a dueling mode, at least for the arena.

• Looks great. Interested to see how the flail works, because making the chain motion to look nice must be harder than other weapons.

• About time you added my flail. Not that I have any say in these things of course ^^.

• These news are AMAZING !
    The developers are AMAZING !
    The game is AMAZING !

I hope for more of these large updates ( perhaps monthly ? ) , would definitely LOVE a LARGE scaled maps , MORE weapons ( for Archers ! ) , well , I’m AMAZED :D

• @iZsoul:

These news are AMAZING !
    The developers are AMAZING !
    The game is AMAZING !

I hope for more of these large updates ( perhaps monthly ? ) , would definitely LOVE a LARGE scaled maps , MORE weapons ( for Archers ! ) , well , I’m AMAZED :D

Haha, I think monthly content patches would be quite impossible.
    Maybe not when adding only 1 weapon per patch :p

• I don’t think new weapons are that essential. They always have the risk of altering / ruining balance. New maps with new objectives are more crucial.

Let’s face it, you can’t keep unlocking new stuff forever. The point of gaming is not unlocking stuff (like the new CoD generation seems to think) but to play the game for what it is. You don’t unlock stuff in Chess, you just get to be better Chess Player, and that is your reward. Unlock mania has gone too far in present day games. It’s impossible to offer always new unlocks, especially for a small studio like Torn Banner. At some point, you just have gained all unlocks there is, no matter how much they keep adding them. IMO that’s not the point the game gets boring, that’s the point things begin to get interesting. Since now you have all those options, and you can really get to develop your own signature playing style.

New maps don’t ruin weapon balance, but still keep the game interesting and fresh. Maybe a new game mode of some kind. Or not. But new maps is a must.

Adding new weapons and no maps, would be like adding new cars to a racing game that has only one oval track. Well… Chivalry has some maps, but way too few ATM. I play only Team Objective, so it’s basically the same few maps over and over again.

Have to say though, that I aboslutely love the game. I always use a knight, 1.5 hand sword and throwin axe. All I need. I want to get good with those first. 60 hours so far and not good yet. After I can handle one weapon, then maybe try something else.

• so still no MOTD window??

• There will be damaged textures when you hit walls on this updatehand also the blood will spread on walls ?

• @Shredmaster:

I don’t think new weapons are that essential. They always have the risk of altering / ruining balance. New maps with new objectives are more crucial.

Let’s face it, you can’t keep unlocking new stuff forever. The point of gaming is not unlocking stuff (like the new CoD generation seems to think) but to play the game for what it is. You don’t unlock stuff in Chess, you just get to be better Chess Player, and that is your reward. Unlock mania has gone too far in present day games. It’s impossible to offer always new unlocks, especially for a small studio like Torn Banner. At some point, you just have gained all unlocks there is, no matter how much they keep adding them. IMO that’s not the point the game gets boring, that’s the point things begin to get interesting. Since now you have all those options, and you can really get to develop your own signature playing style.

New maps don’t ruin weapon balance, but still keep the game interesting and fresh. Maybe a new game mode of some kind. Or not. But new maps is a must.

+1 !!! …. exactly my thoughts on the subject! …!
    Adding new weapons and no maps, would be like adding new cars to a racing game that has only one oval track. Well… Chivalry has some maps, but way too few ATM. I play only Team Objective, so it’s basically the same few maps over and over again.

Have to say though, that I aboslutely love the game. I always use a knight, 1.5 hand sword and throwin axe. All I need. I want to get good with those first. 60 hours so far and not good yet. After I can handle one weapon, then maybe try something else.

• @batman666:

@Shredmaster:

I don’t think new weapons are that essential. They always have the risk of altering / ruining balance. New maps with new objectives are more crucial.

+1 !!! …. exactly my thoughts on the subject! …!

Yea new maps could solve problems IMHO. The heavy crossbow totally needs siegeobjectives to be any good and we only have one out there atm.

• Sorry if being a noob.

What is a ragdoll length slider ??

Thanks

• Balance adjustments

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL

• @dirty_malone:

• Balance adjustments

FLAIL FLAIL FLAIL FLAIL FLAIL FLAIL

Fixed it for you 8-)

• @Ariful:

Sorry if being a noob.

What is a ragdoll length slider ??

Thanks

It gives players the opportunity to adjust how long dead bodies last.