Vanguard Sprint Attack

• I don’t generally have much issue with balance, but the Vanguard sprint attack really seems like it needs fixing. It’s really very rarely useful.

That would be bad enough, but it’s worse than useless, its actively a detriment in one situation. When running into the fray sometimes a nice sweep attack is just what is called for. But if you are running any distance the stupid sprint attack gets in the way. So you always have to make sure to lead with a thrust or overhead. I can’t tell you how many times it’s gotten me killed when I forgot and tried to slash, or didn’t realize it had powered up.

At least let us disable it, or better yet bind it to a different key.

• They need to bind it to the stab bind. Seems logical don’t ya think?

• It’d be nice if they had the time to create a sprint attack for each type of attack for each weapon. That’d add more versatility to it.

But the real reason the sprint attack isn’t useful is because some of the sprint attacks actually do the same damage as a regular swing. I suspect this is a bug, and will hopefully be fixed in the next patch.

Allowing players to disable it is basically just scrapping the feature, and should be reserved as a last resort. I’d rather see it improved than abandoned.

• one thing i noticed about the sprint attack is that some weapons like the saber will allow for much less directional corrections with the mouse after the attack has been started. as opposed to stabbing sprint attacks with a spear or 2H sword sprint swings for example.
    trying sprint attacks with the unresponsive weapons is very likely to result in you being dodged and stabbed in the kidney repeatedly before your attack is finished. unless you jump your opponent’s back from behind.

• They should just bind the spritn attack to a completely different key when its charged. It’s frustrating as fuck to either have to stop and lose your momentum, or thrust/overhead. Even worse is when it charges up the split second you swing and you charge instead and get killed ^^

• @kywild:

They should just bind the spritn attack to a completely different key when its charged. It’s frustrating as fuck to either have to stop and lose your momentum, or thrust/overhead. Even worse is when it charges up the split second you swing and you charge instead and get killed ^^

So… you want to sprint and then do a sideways swing?

• I agree with the first post, the sprint attack is worse than worthless. Maybe you would need to press two buttons at once to perform it (like Attack2 + 3 or something).

• @afiNity:

I agree with the first post, the sprint attack is worse than worthless. Maybe you would need to press two buttons at once to perform it (like Attack2 + 3 or something).

It is not worthless. A halberd charge to the head 1-shots archers, MAA, and vanguards. It also reduces Kings to 2 hits.

• In the theory yes. But in 9/10 cases you just hit through without dealing any damage.

• @afiNity:

In the theory yes. But in 9/10 cases you just hit through without dealing any damage.

Practice young grasshopper :)

• @ReMixx:

@afiNity:

In the theory yes. But in 9/10 cases you just hit through without dealing any damage.

Practice young grasshopper :)

W/E
    I’m not even going to discuss that. 9/10 is maybe too much, but it’s obvious that it’s broken.

• In my opinion, the bigger problem is that in 9 out of 10 cases, even if they don’t see you they hear your scream, step aside and kick your ass while your vulnerable in the throes of the sprint animation.

• I love the sprint attack. Falcon Punch is the best attack in the game!

YYYARRRRGHHH! BOOM

• @Slaughtervomit:

I love the sprint attack. Falcon Punch is the best attack in the game!

YYYARRRRGHHH! BOOM

The crouching tiger hidden falcon punch is better than the vanilla falcon punch.

• I have gotten myself killed a few times with that sprint attack as well. To be honest I wish I could just disable it. You will never hit anyone good with it anyway and it just opens you up for a counter.

• I don’t think the sprint attack would be such a “bad thing” if people didn’t rely so heavily on LMB to attack… Try using the scroll wheel when you don’t want to sprint attack and you’ll notice a difference!

• @Slaughtervomit:

I don’t think the sprint attack would be such a “bad thing” if people didn’t rely so heavily on LMB to attack… Try using the scroll wheel when you don’t want to sprint attack and you’ll notice a difference!

I don’t think there’s such a thing as an “Overhead Sprint Attack” though. Unless it does add damage, and it’s merely not animated, but I doubt that.

I feel the sprint attack should be useful, at least moreso than it is now.

• Speak by yourself. I kill a lot with sprint attack

• @NikolaiLev:

@Slaughtervomit:

I don’t think the sprint attack would be such a “bad thing” if people didn’t rely so heavily on LMB to attack… Try using the scroll wheel when you don’t want to sprint attack and you’ll notice a difference!

I don’t think there’s such a thing as an “Overhead Sprint Attack” though. Unless it does add damage, and it’s merely not animated, but I doubt that.

I feel the sprint attack should be useful, at least moreso than it is now.

There isn’t an overhead sprint attack. I thought people were wanting it taken out because they were using it at the wrong times and I offered a solution. :)

• Trashing pubbers is easy with the charge, however it has no absolute in clan wars.