Vanguard Support Weapon: Flag Carrier?

• New Support Weapon: Team Flag

Effects: AOE effect; Slight health buff/regen to friendlies, Slight increase in sprint speed to friendlies (Not MAA). Only affects friendly players that are in the general vicinity of the flag carrier.

This weapon would either replace his main weapon or his special weapon slot. This weapon can only be used as a sprint thrusting weapon, nothing else.

Got this idea just looking the Wallpaper of this website Looks right

• Should be cool, but i think only being able to attack with the sprint attack is a bit too much. Maybe give it the ability to stab with a rather low, dagger-like amount of damage?

• Doesn’t sound like it’d be terribly effective. Spears were used as standards in the past; I don’t see why they wouldn’t function as such.

Perhaps change this to a Special exclusive to the Spear? The only problem with the concept of an “aura” item in a game like this is its power increases as the amount of players in the game increase. You also have the problem of stacking the buff, or wasting it if a teammate already has it.

Doesn’t really seem to fit into the game.

• If not added to the game, we could always make a mod with it in there once the SDK comes out. I just wanted this mainly for aesthetics. It’d be amazing to see a screaming group of footmen being lead by a flag carrier into battle.

It’s just the simply added details that make a game awesome.

• This will never be added to the vanilla game. No sort of magical modifiers will be apart of it.

That won’t stop mods from having it though. :)

• a majority of the ideas suggested in this Ideas and Suggestions thread are never added in the game, but i guess im saying this way too early since there have been only a few updates from release.

• @Cheesus:

a majority of the ideas suggested in this Ideas and Suggestions thread are never added in the game, but i guess im saying this way too early since there have been only a few updates from release.

Well seeing as how the first “content” update is coming in January… all of the previous patches have been bug fixes. Also, a lot of the suggestions don’t meld with the developers goal of the vanilla Chivalry Medieval Warfare experience.

• Who knows, maybe they’ll just put the team banner in without any aura, just something cool to enhance your spear using experience :P

• an optional banner for the spear would be awesome (just look at the banner carrying vanguad in the forum background picture), however making it look convincing would require some very complex cloth simulation which could cause noticable performance drops for some people.

• That is true, maybe they could figure out a workaround where you can turn high quality cloth texture and movement on/off so people with bad internet connections and/or low end pc’s just have a near motionless banner on their speir but a banner nonetheless.

• everything is possible, but right now it would seem like a very big developer time investment for a nice-to-have. :)

• Feels too much like an unrealistic mmo like guild wars or such. There shuold be no external modifiers in chivalry.

I mean cmon, in a real battle I wouldn’t care if the banner carrier ran around waving a giant dildo. Having a huge banner/flag wouldn’t improve morale in a noticable way and it sure wouldn’t improve a persons healing rates and movement speeds. Tbh I’d be more pissed of that amongst us weaponwielding soldiers we have one retard who just runs around with a flag instead of helping the others :P

Edit: oh and in the end it would just be so that every team NEEDS x amount of bannercarriers on different maps (in many vs many scenarios at least), they’d just run around buff their team and it would just be a gimmick because you can’t choose to be without them.

• @carrion:

everything is possible, but right now it would seem like a very big developer time investment for a nice-to-have. :)

Yeah it is, but hey, these are just ideas and suggestions :P

• @kywild:

I mean cmon, in a real battle I wouldn’t care if the banner carrier ran around waving a giant dildo.

Please, try to maintain at least a semblance of objectivity in balance discussion. We all know the proven, scientific effects on the human psyche of tactical deployment of sexual toys in warfare throughout the ages.

There’s no way your morale would hold up if you saw someone leading an army with a giant dildo.