Gamemode: Gladiator

• Main map for this gamemode: Arena
    Description: A Arena One Life only gamemode pretty much. Instead of unrealisticly Mason and Agatha in a arena, there’s gladiator teams. And their clothing are like Yellow, Green, Red, Blue, Purple, Etc. Each gladiator team is 4-6 people.The total gladiator teams in it are 4, so 4 teams. And there is 4 gates. All the gates will be released at one moment and the teams rush in. If the battle remains for a long time, there’s another gate…And it’s releasing hogs! Dangerous pigs with tusk that will hurt you. They will be NPCs or maybe player controlled. Whoever is the last team standing wins.

• Lol pigs. I think tigers would be more realistic :)

• Lol piggies!

I think tigers also would be more fierce :P

• Speaking of bad piggies… can the gladiator player models look like pissed off birds?

• Pigs? Out of all of the dangerous animals they used in arenas you pick the pig?

• Good idea. Although I would also like to see a variant of this where it’s a typical FFA setting, only on a slightly larger arena style map, and it’s last MAN standing. The winner is the first to survive until the end maybe 2 or 3 times.

• Why not increasingly dangerous animals as it progresses? Like, start with hamsters, then move up to eventually being something like giant bears or Street Sharks or something…

I like this idea of several teams against each other for sure!

• @Slaughtervomit:

Why not increasingly dangerous animals as it progresses? Like, start with hamsters, then move up to eventually being something like giant bears or Street Sharks or something…

I like this idea of several teams against each other for sure!

Hamsters… Lol

• Wild boar are extremely aggressive. Probably moreso than tigers and lions, and I wouldn’t want to be trapped in an arena with any of them. Amusing idea, but I dunno. It seems a little too close to “4 team LTS” just… with pigs…

• I just thought wild boars would be more realistic then tigers or lions. And whoever said that the animals should build up, like maybe Wolf>Boar>Tiger>Lion

• I think somebody recently suggested a type of Duel/Gladiator mode where it was like 1 gladiator vs multiple opponents. I assume the gladiator had a buff or something (like the King does) but I thought the idea was pretty cool.

Maybe it could just be 1 gladiator per 3 opponents. So in a game of 8 players it’s 2 gladiators vs 6 non-gladiators.

• Somebody hand me my boar spear!
    And why not make the animals playable as well? Get some asymetric combat going, like in Natural Selection. ;) I wanna play a viper! :D

• @carrion:

Somebody hand me my boar spear!
    And why not make the animals playable as well? Get some asymetric combat going, like in Natural Selection. ;) I wanna play a viper! :D

So if your player character dies, you respawn as a pig?

• @ReMixx:

@carrion:

Somebody hand me my boar spear!

So if your player character dies, you respawn as a pig?

Classes on respawn would naturally be determined by Karma. Be nice, maybe you even get to be a cow. ^^

• I’d like a Tournament Mode in the Arena map, 16 or 32 players, but 1 vs 1 at a time.
    Just like the kind of tournament you can see in Dragon Ball for instance, it would be fun to watch each fights while waiting for yours.

• @The:

I’d like a Tournament Mode in the Arena map, 16 or 32 players, but 1 vs 1 at a time.
    Just like the kind of tournament you can see in Dragon Ball for instance, it would be fun to watch each fights while waiting for yours.

I’d say the duel mode that is going to be released in january should work about like that.
    i’m really curious how they’ll implement the pairing of fighters. and if there are multiple duels happening simultaneously or not.

• You know, a 4 player survival type game mode against NPC would be really fun.

Also … Zombie mode anyone? :D

• @RicHSAD:

You know, a 4 player survival type game mode against NPC would be really fun.

Filthy peasants who are tired of getting pillaged every day? Would fit better maybe :P

• @Slaughtervomit:

@RicHSAD:

You know, a 4 player survival type game mode against NPC would be really fun.

Filthy peasants who are tired of getting pillaged every day? Would fit better maybe :P

A 64 player server where you take the winning clan/team of the 5v5 tournament (whichever the big one is, I’m not privy to those things) and have the other 59 players be filthy peasants who try to murder them with wooden pitchforks and torches!!! Burn the witches!!! :berz:

• I’m totally in for the OP’s idea , a really great one , Tigers for animals however ( Lions too ).
    Now how do we get the developers to see this ?