A small improvement on LTS

• In competitive play we’ve seen that there is not much incentive for attacking the enemy unless they have more ranged firepower than you. There’s a large discussion about it in the competitive talk forums I think.

Anyways my simple suggestion to greatly improve LTS would be to add an ammo box or boxes to the middle of the map. Much like RTS games that provide resource points in the middle point it would encourage teams to fight for the middle while still keeping the LTS gamemode relatively unchanged.

• Is this because both teams would rather hide for a draw?

• There should be some way to prevent cowards from ruining LTS… Like an f10 type effect that kills someone being a chicken livered, yellow bellied, you-know-what… Just charge in and get that crap over with! Sheesh!

• Wouldn’t the simple answer be the team with the most players left alive wins?

• The same thing would happen in that case, ReMixx. You’d try to snipe the enemy archer with your archer, and then turtle in a defensive position with your advantage. It’s really not about draws.

OT: How about this addendum to your idea, Dr.Nick: All players spawn with half their maximum ammo capacity in LTS in addition to the one ammo box in the middle of the map. Fire and smoke pots still start with 1 ammo, but axes are reduced to 1, knives to 2, javelins arrows and bolts all halved as well. I think that would give you a pretty strong incentive not to camp.

• @ReMixx:

Wouldn’t the simple answer be the team with the most players left alive wins?

in %'s of course

• @SlyGoat:

The same thing would happen in that case, ReMixx. You’d try to snipe the enemy archer with your archer, and then turtle in a defensive position with your advantage. It’s really not about draws.

OT: How about this addendum to your idea, Dr.Nick: All players spawn with half their maximum ammo capacity in LTS in addition to the one ammo box in the middle of the map. Fire and smoke pots still start with 1 ammo, but axes are reduced to 1, knives to 2, javelins arrows and bolts all halved as well. I think that would give you a pretty strong incentive not to camp.

Correct both teams have a tendency to sit back and hope their archers can score a kill. Once they have an advantage they can just sit back and let the enemy come for them since they only need to have more people alive to win the round.

I think your addendum would work fine SlyGoat :)