Thoughts on gore?

• Alright, I know this is an incredibly fun and derpy game, and it’s an absolute blast to play with friends. I know many people are actually asking for more gore, but are the developers perhaps considering a reduce gore option? I know I may very well be in the minority right now, but perhaps I can ask for a reduced gore option? I just don’t like to see heads popping off, and limbs falling off with blood everywhere. I’m just not a fan. I don’t want hate posts from this, but I just get kinda queasy around blood and gore. :? Does anyone else kinda want this option, or know how to change it in some of the configuration files? I’ve tried to look around, but I just can’t seem to find anything on this. Like I said, I love the game right now, I just don’t really care for the gore. But fantastic job on the game Torn Banner, you’ve created a masterpiece.

• I thought there was an option for gore? I know in my server configs there is a variable for gore level but I’m not sure if it actually does anything.

• I like the gore in the game
    but i think the devs are working on a option to configure this:

@Tibberius:

This is what we are working on:

1. Making Voice chat not suck
    2. Keybind Issues/Tweaks
    3. Unlock/rank System reliability and indication
    4. Team Balancer improvements
    5. More console commands and support for server admins
    6. Class and Weapon screen updates
    7. Chat colours/Font issues
    8. Catapult and Ballista replication issues and player shrinkage
    9. Slider for allowing corpses to last longer
    10. Blood decals painted to the ground
    11. Gore Option
    12. Balance tweaks
    13. FIXING OTHER BUGS YOU HAVE REPORTED!
    14. Adding Steam Achievements
    15. Working on future content updates…

• I’ll have to vote against this. Making you watch my splatterfest gives me satisfaction.

• Aye it wouldn’t really be Medieval Warfare without gore.

However, I’m all up for giving options for personal choice. it isn’t like it affects anyone else if one person has his client on no, or reduced gore. :)

• I want the blood to squirt like in Shogun Assassin after I chop someone’s head off! :rage:

• “Thoughts on gore?”

More please :D

Actually, just more animations would be nice. It would be funny if they picked up their hacked off arm or leg and tried to re-attach it or something. Hahaha, lord I’m sick.

But anyways, just a larger variety of death animations would be killer, because this is something the player see’s as a reward for being victorious in fights. It’s also something that’s not as “in your face” as a new character model or new map, and can only be witnessed as a result of player interraction. It’s rare enough that it doesn’t become old or stale, but awesome enough to where you want to see it happen all the time.

A lot of games ignore this these days in favor of a simple ragdoll effect. Anyone remember Goldeneye 64 and Perfect Dark? Such an abundance of different deaths depending on where you hit the character model hahaha, it was great.

• Yeah, someone needs to create something that replicates and updates the old Ghoul damage model engine. The Soldier of Fortune series is still the best I’ve ever seen as far as gore goes. There have been a few good ones here and there since then, but nothing’s really hit that nasty mark quite as nicely. Chivalry with something like Ghoul would be amazing.

Video example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTZlA9no6IA , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zDx-pmIhU

Notice how there’s more than just arms coming off at the shoulder, heads at the neck… you hit someone in the temple, the head slices off at the temple. Much more realistic, and closer to what we should have in a game like this.

• @HEXEN:

Anyone remember Goldeneye 64 and Perfect Dark?

I remember I was amazed when you had various animations depending on where you hit someone. One of my favorite death animation has to be from Turok though, (even though it was completely random which one you got in that one) loved it when the guy grabbed the side of his head and shambled around while the blood gushed out of from under his hand and onto the floor.

• @Sir:

Yeah, someone needs to create something that replicates and updates the old Ghoul damage model engine. The Soldier of Fortune series is still the best I’ve ever seen as far as gore goes. There have been a few good ones here and there since then, but nothing’s really hit that nasty mark quite as nicely. Chivalry with something like Ghoul would be amazing.

Video example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTZlA9no6IA , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zDx-pmIhU

Notice how there’s more than just arms coming off at the shoulder, heads at the neck… you hit someone in the temple, the head slices off at the temple. Much more realistic, and closer to what we should have in a game like this.

Haha right on man. SoFII was the shit! I’m also baffled as to why the Ghoul tech was never carried over or developed further. I do know that game had a hell of a tough time with the ESRB and similar institutions outside of the USA, so maybe they just threw their hands up or decided it really was too violent and realistic. Who knows.

I still have it installed, mostly because of the gore lol. It was an awesome game!

“Dr. Ivanovich, my name is… BLAM….”

Mission failed

• @HEXEN:

Actually, just more animations would be nice. It would be funny if they picked up their hacked off arm or leg and tried to re-attach it or something.

1+ for you, good sir :P Going Saving Private Ryan style, that would be hilarious :P

• More gore is needed, or as HEXEN said a larger variety of death animations.

Imagine slicing someone across the stomach, seeing a wound having been opened up across it and them clutching it until they fall over dead, decapitated bodies walking around for a second before flopping to the ground.

More arrow death animations too, trying to pull the arrow out of the wound if it’s in the heart, clutching the stomach when hit with a jav.

We also need arrow wounds on the neck/head for extra immersion.

• a guy trying to put his intestines back after he’s been sliced open :p