1h+shield knight setup

• Hello

I’ve spent a lot of time playing Vanguard with 2handers and polearms, now i’m trying to learn the sword and shield style as a knight.

Is there anywhere i can read about this fighting style? What would you say is the best 1handed weapon for a knight? I’ve read about the warhammer but it has a very short reach and i tend to prefer blocking and stabbing.

What in your opinion is the best setup for a shield knight?

• @simonp:

Hello

I’ve spent a lot of time playing Vanguard with 2handers and polearms, now i’m trying to learn the sword and shield style as a knight.

Is there anywhere i can read about this fighting style? What would you say is the best 1handed weapon for a knight? I’ve read about the warhammer but it has a very short reach and i tend to prefer blocking and stabbing.

What in your opinion is the best setup for a shield knight?

If you like stabbing, try the Sword of War 1-handed with a shield.

• I am of the opinion that if you’re using a shield and you’re a knight and you’re not using the sword of war, something has gone wrong.

• I might be dumb, but isn’t the sword of war a 2 handed sword? How can i use that with a shield?

• @simonp:

I might be dumb, but isn’t the sword of war a 2 handed sword? How can i use that with a shield?

Just press 1 to toggle between one and two handed.

• As long as you have a shield selected in the 3rd slot, with the sword of war out, hit 1. Should switch it up to 1h with shield. All knight swords are “bastard” or hand and a half swords.

• Lol….15 hours played i had no idea you could do that, thanks.

• @simonp:

Lol….15 hours played i had no idea you could do that, thanks.

Lol i had at least twice that played before I figured it out :(

• be manlier and play without shield

• @x123:

be manlier and play without shield

So 2 handed sword of war or 1-handed sword of war without a shield?

• @ReMixx:

@x123:

be manlier and play without shield

So 2 handed sword of war or 1-handed sword of war without a shield?

1h sow without shield.

• Apart from manly manliness, is there any reason to not carry a shield as a knight?

• @simonp:

Apart from manly manliness, is there any reason to not carry a shield as a knight?

2 shiny throw axes. Most of all blocking field of view with a shield ruins my awareness of whats going in that battlefield. Becoming a tortoise with a great chance of side hit or sudden kick. Not quite sure but i somehow managed to puting even a stab with a nord sword right through a side of a towershield. ofc there is many good players with a shield.

• I only have a shield to counter missiles for myself or teammates and to make a nice war-cry by banging on my shield with a sword, other then that I use 2handers. See archer ahead, switch to shield and charge or run away and regroup.

• I like the Morning Star with the Kite. :D

N7Ags68OHS4

Probably not the most effective, but it is my absolute favorite.

• @BDrift:

2 shiny throw axes. Most of all blocking field of view with a shield ruins my awareness of whats going in that battlefield. Becoming a tortoise with a great chance of side hit or sudden kick. Not quite sure but i somehow managed to puting even a stab with a nord sword right through a side of a towershield. ofc there is many good players with a shield.

But is there any difference to the actual sword handling when not using a shield? Does 2 handing it give you more power or speed or anything?

• But is there any difference to the actual sword handling when not using a shield? Does 2 handing it give you more power or speed or anything?

http://goo.gl/4aalu - Folks from this forum published some useful stats. Remember you can play 1 hand style animation having no shield in other hand by 3-2-2-1 sequence of weapon changing.

• @BDrift:

http://goo.gl/4aalu - Folks from this forum published some useful stats. Remember you can play 1 hand style animation having no shield in other hand by 3-2-2-1 sequence of weapon changing.

Hey thanks for that!

• I prefer the longsword for dueling. Reach, baby.

• @simonp:

Lol….15 hours played i had no idea you could do that, thanks.

Lol about 55 hours played for me and I actually genuinely forgot you could do that. I remember using a 2-h as a 1h+shield in my first few games but for some reason I haven’t done that for weeks and I totally forgot that was a thing 'til I read this thread. :P