Server Difficulty

• Difficulties for server. Owner can set the difficulty.

Easy Mode
    -Every class is slightly increased in health and armor.
    -Weapons have slightly decreased damage

Normal Mode
    What it is right now.

Hardcore Mode
    -A single STAB to any realistic spots, such as neck, chest, head, or stomach, is instant death. Unless your a knight.
    -When hit by a blunt weapon on the head if your vanguard or Knight it stuns you, making you unable to block and removes all stamina.
    -Speed is decreased for 20 seconds when hit in the leg.
    -Daggers can not block larger weapons.
    -When completely out of stamina, and if you get kicked(F) you will fall on the ground. Takes 5 seconds to get up.
    -As a archer, a overhead slash to your stomach can cut it open, instant death.
    -When falling down from a currtain height it can make you kneel down, groaning, for three seconds.
    -If someone with a dagger is walking instead of running, and overheads a back of a man at arms or archer, the man at arms or archer will have 1 HP left before dying.

• @Margato:

-If someone with a dagger is walking instead of running, and overheads a back of a man at arms or archer, the man at arms or archer will have 1 HP left before dying.

?

• Agree with almost all of them.That hardcore mode would be really amazing, players would be really cautious of their every move if those rules were implemented.The devs should really take most if not all of them in consideration.

• I feel like the game could use some more difficulty AND a more easy gameplay for the people not yet accostumed with the roughness of being thrown at a world like Chivalry. Good suggestion really, and it shouldn’t be hard to make.

• Not a bad idea. I’m just worried for those wee little nublets who join a hardcore server by accident… poor little guys :(

• i hope that there is a working server filter for difficulties (:

• @Margato:

Difficulties for server. Owner can set the difficulty.
    -A single STAB to any realistic spots, such as neck, chest, head, or stomach, is instant death. Unless your a knight.
    -When hit by a blunt weapon on the head if your vanguard or Knight it stuns you, making you unable to block and removes all stamina.
    -Speed is decreased for 20 seconds when hit in the leg.
    -When completely out of stamina, and if you get kicked(F) you will fall on the ground. Takes 5 seconds to get up.

That’s just silly.

• the problem i see with this is that it would fragment the player base of the game. means less full servers less learning for everyone.

• I kinda like it but umm… sorry, i know i’m being a grammar nazi but…i just had to :geek:

• @carrion:

the problem i see with this is that it would fragment the player base of the game. means less full servers less learning for everyone.

Red Orchestra 2 attempted something to this effect. It wasn’t well-received, as only one gamemode is played (the “Normal” one). I suspect the same thing would happen here.

Chivalry seems to strike an excellent balance between hardcore gameplay and accessibility. Why fragment the playerbase?

And… yes, quite a lot of those suggestions seem quite silly, especially in gameplay terms. They might be realistic, but this would result in everyone playing as a Knight.

• I really dislike any kind of casual or hardcore mode for any game.

• @SlyGoat:

I really dislike any kind of casual or hardcore mode for any game.

Same; and if you don’t like the game … you don’t like the game?

• Hardcore one hit kill mode? Hell yeah!

• Along this line, I’d greatly like to see a practice server where people have nearly infinite health. It would let people practice blocking and other techniques with friends and not have to worry about respawning etc.

• @Joomicrongama3:

Hardcore one hit kill mode? Hell yeah!

Mauls only!

• i disagree with this completely, everyone should be playing the same game imo. perhaps some specific mods for privately owned servers but nothing widespread.

• While more choice is generally always better, I don’t think Chivalry has a big enough community that we can afford to split it in three with server difficulties. Not to mention that having multiple difficulties can becomes a weapon balance nightmare. Chivalry is relatively well balanced right now, do not make thing more complicated by introducing server difficulties.

• @ReMixx:

@Joomicrongama3:

Hardcore one hit kill mode? Hell yeah!

Mauls only!

YES YES YES YES! You’ve got the idea!

• @KingOfPolarBears:

I kinda like it but umm… sorry, i know i’m being a grammar nazi but…i just had to :geek:

I kinda like you… xD

• very bad idea. Quake3 had some stuff like this BFG games? excessive servers?
    For a Work of Art like Chivalry only quality ideas should be considered of which this is not.