General Suggestions, Realistics and Brutuallity!!!

• Hi Thorn banner.
    As a veteran gamer to the core, congratulations and thank you for Chivalry:Medieval Warfare. This game is exactly what I want. So long as you reflect the brutallity of medieval warfare and doing it logical and realistic way, it will bring more succes to this game. I dont know if my suggestions are possible or hard achieving, so long as you go that way I think you are in the right direction. And I know some of this suggested before and some changes on the way but still no harm comes from words.

MUST HAVE ?MPROVEMENTS

1- You should create more maps and add different team objectives to these maps. current ones are good but not enough I think.
    ?deas:
    -A map with a great fortress wall assault(with siege towers and ladders and inner walls) would be nice. Defending team on the wall can be advantageous but you can give the attacking team double manpower so it feel a proper siege.
    -I dream a great field battle map. ?n the center of the field there is a small area that players fight. But just outside of this area in the scenery hundreds of men fighting fiercly. Basically create a great field battle and give the small middle area to online players so you have an epic battle map.
    -A sea battle on the boarding ships could be interesting.

2- Blood and gore is the main elements of medieval warfare. So you should increase brutuallity. We want fierceness of impacts and killing strikes.
    ?deas:

• Blood effects should be more realistic. Blood should flow to ground from dead or alive bodies.
      -When a head or arm chopped, blood should burst and spray out from the wound.
      -A horizontal sword slash can chop a head but a mace or a hammer doing it is not realistic. ?nstead, a killing blow to head with a mace that cracking skull inward would seem better. You should give the weapons its real characteristics.
      -Killing strikes should deforme and cut armor. For example There can be a sword killing slash splitting mail armour and behind the split a blood flowing wound could be seen.
    • Again a killing strike with a sword or a spear should sometimes pierce through body(After that pulling the weapon out with the help of your foot sole). That would look awesome.
    • A hammer strike right middle of the chest send flying a man backwards could be very nice.

3- I think there should be more rewards for killing a lot of enemies in a match or helping team get the objectives.
    ?deas:
    -More unlockable custom armor for classes. This could give slightly better protection as well.
    -Custom sigils for coats and shields.

SHOULD HAVE ?MPROVEMENTS

1- Winding and strikings of weapons could be a bit more fast paced. For a new player the combat may be hard but when you get the hand of it, combat seems slow moving. ?f it is faster I think it will be more skill based.

2- The classes is balanced generally but there is minor issues. For example mobility is prior to man at arms but I think he is running a bit slow. When things got worse he could run easily but vanguards easily catch them. And archers should be running a bit faster because when running a heaviliy armoured knight catching archers is not logical.

3- Third person should be availible to all servers because it is more effective. I play all the time in third person

4- You should do something about that teammate killing idiots.

And one suggestion for the players: While playing, listen “Manowar-warriors of the world united”, and that really rocks :)

• @Darth:

3- I think there should be more rewards for killing a lot of enemies in a match or helping team get the objectives.
    ?deas:
    -More unlockable custom armor for classes. This could give slightly better protection as well.
    -Custom sigils for coats and shields.

SHOULD HAVE ?MPROVEMENTS

2- […] And archers should be running a bit faster because when running a heaviliy armoured knight catching archers is not logical.

3- Third person should be availible to all servers because it is more effective. I play all the time in third person

4- You should do something about that teammate killing idiots.

Welcome to the forums, Darth Malgus! Now for a grumpy forumite to pick apart your suggestions. :P

First of all, I’d like to state my opinion that non-cosmetic unlocks should never see the light of day in Chivalry. The weapon system as it is at least allows you different weapons, as opposed to better ones. They’re generally sidegrades, except for a few unbalanced weapons, and this is fine. But unlockable armor bonuses, I don’t want to see in the game, since that’ll influence gameplay simply based on how long you’ve played.

2. It’s to prevent archers from being able to kite knights all day. This would be very toxic to gameplay; archers would be able to fire an arrow and then sprint away, turn around, fire another one, and continue to do so for an excessively long period of time. As someone who enjoys playing as archer, I don’t want to see this happen, and nor do Knights. They can already kite efficiently.

It’s also worth pointing out that plate armor’s effect on human mobility is far exaggerated in popular opinion. In reality, it’s about as restricting as modern soldier gear or less, because the weight is distributed; don’t forget that these are soldiers trained to move efficiently in armor, not LARPers.

3. is a server option. Some people enjoy first person being forced because it harkens back to Age of Chivalry, and for the exact reason you stated - third person is more effective, so people don’t want to be at a disadvantage simply because they prefer first person.

What they should add is an easy way to tell if a server has forced first person or not. I believe browser improvements are coming in the next content update.

4. Is a problem, yes, though some people insists it’s just a part of the game. I’ve suggested friendly fire be mirrored (so if you hit someone, you take the damage, not them.)

• @Darth:

1- You should create more maps and add different team objectives to these maps. current ones are good but not enough I think.

There are new maps and game modes coming in the content patch of January.

@Darth:

2- Blood and gore is the main elements of medieval warfare. So you should increase brutuallity. We want fierceness of impacts and killing strikes.

There is also more gore stuff coming in the content patch.

@Darth:

2- The classes is balanced generally but there is minor issues. For example mobility is prior to man at arms but I think he is running a bit slow. When things got worse he could run easily but vanguards easily catch them. And archers should be running a bit faster because when running a heaviliy armoured knight catching archers is not logical.

The game has a mechanic which makes you faster when you chase someone, thats why you see knights catching archers.

@Darth:

3- Third person should be availible to all servers because it is more effective. I play all the time in third person.

Third person is available in every official server I believe, custom servers have the option to deactivate third person.

You can find more info about the content patch here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7305

• @NikolaiLev:

I’ve suggested friendly fire be mirrored (so if you hit someone, you take the damage, not them.)

I’d love to see this at least as a server option. ^^