Javelins?

• What is everyones thoughts on them? They are in dire need of a buff imo. They have limited ammo, their throwing accuracy seems off, limited survivability. Despite all this, its still my favorite class to play. Are the devs planning anything for them? I also have a question. Ive noticed twice now a +1 being added to my ammo count. How does this work?

• You can pick up javelins after throwing them, so that +1 was probably one of them.

• I think they’re just fine the way they are now :) the thing that needs some fixing imo is the buckler. And what Metrocop said is correct.

• I think they’re in a pretty good spot in terms of public play. I’ve seen some really really good javelin users that are a lot more scary than your typical warbows. Now in terms of clan battles, yeah javelins don’t really have a place there. I’m not sure how you would fix that, though. Maybe there’s some secret technology with them that we just haven’t discovered yet.

But one of the greatest strengths to javelins in public play is being able to switch to your secondary extremely fast after throwing. Your cudgel will do SO much work.

• @Metrocop:

You can pick up javelins after throwing them, so that +1 was probably one of them.

I just pick them up? Does i walk over a dead body and it gets added to my ammo? Or can i only pick them up if they miss?

• @The:

I just pick them up? Does i walk over a dead body and it gets added to my ammo? Or can i only pick them up if they miss?

Only if they miss, and only if you do it in time. They eventually expire.

• @SOC:

@The:

Only if they miss, and only if you do it in time. They eventually expire.

Oh wow, i never knew this. I was frustrated with the limited count. Anyway, anyone have any tips? I can never get a positive KD as jav archer.

• @The:

Oh wow, i never knew this. I was frustrated with the limited count. Anyway, anyone have any tips? I can never get a positive KD as jav archer.

You can pick up throwing axes like this, too. Not sure about throwing knives.

I personally prefer the starting javelin, but I know a lot of people like the heavy jav, too. I’m no expert javelin user, but they usually get me by staying near team mates and supporting them at mid range. Their ability to switch to cudgel/buckler immediately after throwing or just whenever you get near them make them not as tempting to go for sometimes as that vanguard spamming left click with a halberd in front of you. I fall for that temptation, get opened up as I stab the vanguard and take a javelin to the face and get cleaned up by the halberd. As far as kills go, you’ll probably get most of your kills with melee stabs/cudgel over the throws. Don’t forget that mouse wheel down is a pseudo-shield bash that actually does decent damage and is very fast. Good for when you need a REALLY fast hit, but it’s very low range. Use your cudgel more than javelin stabs in close range, though. I don’t do nearly as well when I try lone wolfing as a javelin.

• What is this i keep hearing about the javelin quick switch?

• Went 4-9 and raged quit. :x

• @The:

What is this i keep hearing about the javelin quick switch?

After throwing the javelin it takes a little bit to reload, while it reloads you cant either block or attack, so switching to your secondary will let you defend yourself.

• @Metrocop:

After throwing the javelin it takes a little bit to reload, while it reloads you cant either block or attack, so switching to your secondary will let you defend yourself.

Wasn’t that fixed in the first big patch?

You can pick up all of the non detonating throwing weapons by the way. Always fun when I’m chasing someone, throwing my daggers at someone, they think I’m out after I’ve thrown four daggers, but I’ve picked up one or two on the chase which I throw into their face when they turn.