Batman Bracers

• Idea: Bracers that can be equipped that let the user block normally. Just like these:

I like to use my fists a lot and would love to have the option to play unarmed as a viable choice for regular play. I think that this addition would make it possible. You could even make it so that a person must equip one bracer for their primary and one for their secondary so that they are committed to being unarmed. I feel that this would be a relatively simple and easy change that would add a new layer of richness to fisticuffs.

• This is a great suggestion! Allow people to equip this for a secondary, now you can actually do some combo breaking! It may be a bit ridiculous seeing as your forearm would probably snap in half, but since a dagger can block a maul, everything is fair game. :berz:

• I honestly think fists would be overpowered if you could block with them, as they are instant hits.

• @Wingy:

I honestly think fists would be overpowered if you could block with them, as they are instant hits.

I agree with Wingy. Fists are pretty much 100% offense and half the fun in them is the challenge of not being able to block.

However, I wouldn’t mind seeing some altenative options for fists like maybe bracers for blocking but reduce damage dealt, more damage but less speed, longer reach but less speed, ect. Would be a whole new world of balance issues, but might be worth it.

• would probably be better as a primary weapon. blocking with fists actually might be pretty fair despite how fast you attack with them as fists have a very good number of attack options and the block obscures your vision so you have to be on point with your blocking.

having fists be a somewhat viable primary that is able to block would be pretty amazing. i know i would use them.

• The way your arms are held up when you block, maybe you can only block LMB slash… Makes sense to me… Anyone else?

• I already use the fists as my primary weapon and my K/D ratio is above 1. Have even reached a 4 K/D with the fists, as once you start hitting someone, if you are smart with your kicks, hes most likely going down unless he knows what hes doing (wich most pubbers dont).

• @Wingy:

I already use the fists as my primary weapon and my K/D ratio is above 1. Have even reached a 4 K/D with the fists, as once you start hitting someone, if you are smart with your kicks, hes most likely going down unless he knows what hes doing (wich most pubbers dont).

Very true. Fisting effectively takes some serious skill. Blocking with fists would make it easier, but where would the challenge go? Not everything should be easy (I’m looking at you, Halberd users). Fisting is tough, but a lot of fun!

If they added the ability to block it should be optional and have some kind of serious drawback.

• I already use the fists as my primary weapon and my K/D ratio is above 1. Have even reached a 4 K/D with the fists, as once you start hitting someone, if you are smart with your kicks, hes most likely going down unless he knows what hes doing (wich most pubbers dont).

I am aware of this. When I play MAA I can effectively use dodge as a form of blocking and can do a lot of damage with fists, however, from a gameplay point of view this requires the user of fists to be high skilled and the opponents to be low skilled. I don’t feel K/D on pubs is a significant indicator of effectiveness because a skilled player can get a 4 K/D with pretty much any weapon in the game in a pub.

I am suggesting this change so that it becomes a viable choice in situations where the playing field is more equal or in situations where a player is outnumbered. A good player can survive a 2 or 3 on one when they can block but not so much when they cannot block whatsoever. I do not deny that a skilled player can use fists effectively, hell, one of the reasons I like to use them is it keeps the game challenging when playing against pubs, however, there is a depth to the fisticuffs system that is as of yet untapped.

However, I wouldn’t mind seeing some altenative options for fists like maybe bracers for blocking but reduce damage dealt, more damage but less speed, longer reach but less speed, ect. Would be a whole new world of balance issues, but might be worth it.

This is the kind of thing that would make the idea servicible.

• I dont really think a guy using his fists only should be a threat in a competitive situation. You are in a battlefiled, and although fists are fun and all, you should not really be very dangerous if you are not using a weapon.

Having guys running around using their fists would kill the immersion for me at least.

• @Wingy:

I dont really think a guy using his fists only should be a threat in a competitive situation. You are in a battlefiled, and although fists are fun and all, you should not really be very dangerous if you are not using a weapon.

Having guys running around using their fists would kill the immersion for me at least.

Amen. Fisticuff duels work as they are. And fists are so much fun against regular weapons partly BECAUSE they are so useless for blocking. Makes 'em a really great disciplinary measure. My opinion.

• @Wingy:

What if it is a FFA bar fight? “Who drank all my mead??? I’ll KILL YOU!” punches people to death

• @Slaughtervomit:

@Wingy:

What if it is a FFA bar fight? “Who drank all my mead??? I’ll KILL YOU!” punches people to death

Then Im up for it, there was a map like that in Age of Chivalry.

• @Wingy:

@Slaughtervomit:

@Wingy:

Then Im up for it, there was a map like that in Age of Chivalry.

Awesome!!! :D I would love to have a big fist fight!!

• Bar fight mode!