Not good with computers so can the one im buying play this

• Im buying a pc right know i need to know if it can run it at max settings and no lag once agian not good with computers i dont know shit about them
    Configuration
    *BASE_PRICE: [+849]
    BLUETOOTH: None
    CAS: Rosewill Blackhawk Mid Tower Gaming Case w/ Front USB 3.0, HD Dock & Side Window [-11]
    CASUPGRADE: None
    CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
    CD2: None
    COOLANT: Standard Coolant
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
    CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]
    ENGRAVING: None
    FA_HDD: None
    FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Dual Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+29])
    FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
    FREEBIE_CU: None
    FREEBIE_MB: None
    FREEBIE_VC: None
    FREEBIE_VC2: None
    GLASSES: None
    HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+27] (Single Drive)
    HDD2: None
    IEEE_CARD: None
    IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
    KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
    MB_SRT: None
    MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance [+9])
    MONITOR: None
    MONITOR2: None
    MONITOR3: None
    MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, Ultra Durable4 Classic, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x Gen3 PCIe x16, 3x PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (Extreme OC Certified) [+17]
    MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
    NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
    OS: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)
    OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
    POWERSUPPLY: * 650 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+47]
    RUSH: No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Date 12 Business Days
    SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    SPEAKERS: None
    TABLET: None
    TEMP: None
    TUNING: None
    TVRC: None
    USB: None
    USBFLASH: None
    USBHD: None
    USBX: None
    VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+311] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
    VIDEO2: None
    VIDEO3: None
    WNC: None
    _PRICE: (+1391)
    view: {33D4D3D9-16C0-4021-A7AC-DA6CB1B3E581}
    load: 12/16/2012 9:53:48 AM

• i’m not really, really good with computers but i’d say totally

• You have the same graphic card and cpu as me. This computer will run anything. Easily handle this game on max settings.

• Yes, it will run the game just fine.

How much are you dropping on that thing? Prebuilt, I’d have to guess $1200?

• Yup, it’ll run just fine. The weaker points are the relatively low spec CPU and single hard drive, as compared to the excellent graphics card. Overall good enough, probably not the components I’d choose, but it’ll definitely play this game without issues. If you wanted to save cash you could substitute a 7850 or 7950 GPU and save between $100-$200. If you want better hard drive performance you could get a relatively small SSD (64GB @ ~$70) dedicated to running the operating system, though you should be OK since it’s a slightly upgraded hard drive. I guess for gaming the i5 will be OK but it’s still just a quad core.

Only other thing I see to check out is the 510LC CPU cooler. The CPU you have runs very hot so make sure it’s the beefiest liquid cooler they have available. If there’s a step above that one you should look into it, though it’s already going to be a lot better than using fan/heatsink. I will observe that this system will most likely dissipate a lot of power so expect higher electricity bills.

• It will murder this game. Great Motherboard, Decent RAM (although I’d go with 16 GB instead of 8 since it’s so cheap and helps to future proof your system), great CPU and a monster GPU.

It will murder just about every game at the standard 1080p resolution.

The only thing I’d recommend doing is getting a higher wattage power supply (800 watts ideally) so that in the future you can get another 7970 gpu to crossfire without difficulty. Although if you never intend to do this, that psu should be fine for your setup.

@Sir:

Yup, it’ll run just fine. The weaker points are the relatively low spec CPU and single hard drive, as compared to the excellent graphics card. Overall good enough, probably not the components I’d choose, but it’ll definitely play this game without issues. If you wanted to save cash you could substitute a 7850 or 7950 GPU and save between $100-$200. If you want better hard drive performance you could get a relatively small SSD (64GB @ ~$70) dedicated to running the operating system, though you should be OK since it’s a slightly upgraded hard drive. I guess for gaming the i5 will be OK but it’s still just a quad core.

Only other thing I see to check out is the 510LC CPU cooler. The CPU you have runs very hot so make sure it’s the beefiest liquid cooler they have available. If there’s a step above that one you should look into it, though it’s already going to be a lot better than using fan/heatsink. I will observe that this system will most likely dissipate a lot of power so expect higher electricity bills.

CPU is massively overestimated in terms of gaming performance. For most games, a decent dual core cpu will be just fine. No games use more than 4 cores at the moment, and most still just use 2.

• It’s a bit better than what I play on. On mine it runs perfectly so you should be fine.

• @Sir:

Yup, it’ll run just fine. The weaker points are the relatively low spec CPU and single hard drive, as compared to the excellent graphics card. Overall good enough, probably not the components I’d choose, but it’ll definitely play this game without issues. If you wanted to save cash you could substitute a 7850 or 7950 GPU and save between $100-$200. If you want better hard drive performance you could get a relatively small SSD (64GB @ ~$70) dedicated to running the operating system, though you should be OK since it’s a slightly upgraded hard drive. I guess for gaming the i5 will be OK but it’s still just a quad core.

It’s actually the best gaming CPU you can get. i7 usually has slightly worse gaming performance if HT is not disabled.

• @Sir:

Do not take any notice of this person.

The CPU is fine. A i7 would be overkill unless you are planing on doing a lot of video editing/animation or stuff that is purely CPU intensive. Put any extra money you may have into the GPU. And as long as you do not use the intel stock fan that comes with the CPU your temperatures will be fine also.

You will be able to play anything on that setup.

PS: A separate SSD purely for the OS is worth doing though.

• @drtaco100:

Im buying a pc right know i need to know if it can run it at max settings and no lag once agian not good with computers i dont know shit about them
    Configuration
    *BASE_PRICE: [+849]
    BLUETOOTH: None
    CAS: Rosewill Blackhawk Mid Tower Gaming Case w/ Front USB 3.0, HD Dock & Side Window [-11]
    CASUPGRADE: None
    CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
    CD2: None
    COOLANT: Standard Coolant
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
    CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]
    ENGRAVING: None
    FA_HDD: None
    FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Dual Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+29])
    FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
    FREEBIE_CU: None
    FREEBIE_MB: None
    FREEBIE_VC: None
    FREEBIE_VC2: None
    GLASSES: None
    HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+27] (Single Drive)
    HDD2: None
    IEEE_CARD: None
    IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
    KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
    MB_SRT: None
    MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance [+9])
    MONITOR: None
    MONITOR2: None
    MONITOR3: None
    MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, Ultra Durable4 Classic, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x Gen3 PCIe x16, 3x PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (Extreme OC Certified) [+17]
    MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
    NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
    OS: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)
    OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
    POWERSUPPLY: * 650 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+47]
    RUSH: No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Date 12 Business Days
    SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    SPEAKERS: None
    TABLET: None
    TEMP: None
    TUNING: None
    TVRC: None
    USB: None
    USBFLASH: None
    USBHD: None
    USBX: None
    VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+311] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
    VIDEO2: None
    VIDEO3: None
    WNC: None
    _PRICE: (+1391)
    view: {33D4D3D9-16C0-4021-A7AC-DA6CB1B3E581}
    load: 12/16/2012 9:53:48 AM

Yes it can but ditch the intel chip and go for amd. Uses less power, more efficient, less money

If running windows 7 keep on mind that your cpu will be bottle necked by the limitations of the OS.

I recommend using the money you save on the cpu and motherboard I mentioned for an SSD. Preferably Vertex 4

Overall, yes you can play this game on max….but shop around.

• @ZorisX:

@drtaco100:

Yes it can but ditch the intel chip and go for amd. Uses less power, more efficient, less money
    If running windows 7 keep on mind that your cpu will be bottle necked by the limitations of the OS.

I recommend using the money you save on the cpu and motherboard I mentioned for an SSD. Preferably Vertex 4

What. Anyone who’s done any research on CPUs recently knows that AMDs BD processors are extremely power hungry, and their new PD CPUs did little to alleviate that. Shown here and anywhere else you look. Comparing the i5 3570k and FX 8350, same price, and the AMD gets stomped on in CPU intensive games, and Chivalry is one that is CPU intensive. There’s no reason to go AMD if you’re building from scratch. The release of SB and IB stole the price/performance crown from AMD and has left them in another seemingly never ending game of catchup. Their multi threaded performance is fine, but their single threaded performance has been lacking to the point where the Phenom/Thubans nearly match their newest processors in gaming.

Not even going to begin to comment on your Windows 7 remark. Please educate yourself before spreading misinformation.

• @ZorisX:

So much wrong in your post. AMD uses a lot more power then intel if you go for high overclocks, AMD is a lot less efficient then intel. (An intel at 3,3 GHz is as fast in games as an AMD at 4 GHz). The price of the AMD CPUs is indeed lower, but that’s really all that going for them, except if MOAR CORES is really useful to you (probably not).

Windows 7 doesn’t bottleneck CPU performance in anyway. Most objective tests of W7 vs W8 show that W7 has better performance than windows 8. W8 has directx 11.1 which W7 doesn’t but so far there isn’t a single game that uses 11.1.

SSD is always a good thing too add to a desktop. I would personally recommend the samsung 840 over OCZ ssds though, i just have heard a lot of people having there OCZ SSD die after a very short amount time.

• @Sisarot:

@ZorisX:

quote]

So much wrong in your post. AMD uses a lot more power then intel if you go for high overclocks, AMD is a lot less efficient then intel. (An intel at 3,3 GHz is as fast in games as an AMD at 4 GHz). The price of the AMD CPUs is indeed lower, but that’s really all that going for them, except if MOAR CORES is really useful to you (probably not).

Windows 7 doesn’t bottleneck CPU performance in anyway. Most objective tests of W7 vs W8 show that W7 has better performance than windows 8. W8 has directx 11.1 which W7 doesn’t but so far there isn’t a single game that uses 11.1.
    SSD is always a good thing too add to a desktop. I would personally recommend the samsung 840 over OCZ ssds though, i just have heard a lot of people having there OCZ SSD die after a very short amount time.

Just thought you should know, MS decided on letting Windows 7 have the gaming features of DX11.1 which is all I care about anyways :D .

• @venomblade:

Just thought you should know, MS decided on letting Windows 7 have the gaming features of DX11.1 which is all I care about anyways :D .

Linux and OpenGL gaming dominance can’t come soon enough. :(

• That PC would be more than enough for Chivalry. The only thing I would change would be the AMD GPU because I hate their drivers.

• @RicHSAD:

That PC would be more than enough for Chivalry. The only thing I would change would be the AMD GPU because I hate their drivers.

AMD drivers were definitely an issue in the past, but I’ve heard that as of recently their GPU drivers are right on up there with Nvidia. It’d be nice if someone could confirm or disprove that. But wherever you go, there’ll be someone saying they have problems, whether it be AMD or Nvidia, so I guess there isn’t much to the validity of a few people reporting their experiences. I know I personally never had a problem with the drivers for my laptop’s HD 4650m(12.6)

• @venomblade:

I know I personally never had a problem with the drivers for my laptop’s HD 4650m(12.6)

How does Chivalry run on that?

• @venomblade:

@RicHSAD:

That PC would be more than enough for Chivalry. The only thing I would change would be the AMD GPU because I hate their drivers.

AMD drivers were definitely an issue in the past, but I’ve heard that as of recently their GPU drivers are right on up there with Nvidia. It’d be nice if someone could confirm or disprove that. But wherever you go, there’ll be someone saying they have problems, whether it be AMD or Nvidia, so I guess there isn’t much to the validity of a few people reporting their experiences. I know I personally never had a problem with the drivers for my laptop’s HD 4650m(12.6)

They are definitely not on par yet. Nvidia has better day 1 support for new games, the control panel has a much better interface and you have a lot more useful features to play with such as adaptive refresh rate, framerate limiting, ambient occlusion, etc.

• @RicHSAD:

@venomblade:

@RicHSAD:

They are definitely not on par yet. Nvidia has better day 1 support for new games, the control panel has a much better interface and you have a lot more useful features to play with such as adaptive refresh rate, framerate limiting, ambient occlusion, etc.

The day one thing I definitely agree on. I should’ve added I heard they were on par when both drivers are matured. I heard AMD’s 12.11 was a real game changer. Adaptive V-sync is interesting. I personally don’t like using any form of V-sync because of the mouse delay it introduces(tested with adaptive, still mouse lag(for me)). You can use programs like MSI AB to limit the framerate, regardless of GPU. And about AO, are you saying it’s an Nvidia exclusive feature, or Nvidia just does a better job of handling it?(I honestly don’t know)

• @Po1ymorph:

The CPU is fine. A i7 would be overkill unless you are planing on doing a lot of video editing/animation or stuff that is purely CPU intensive.

That’s actually kind of my point. It’s OK for gaming but I wouldn’t buy that CPU because, in addition to gaming, I need more to run multiple VMs and do other things. It’s OK for gaming but that’s about where it ends. Dedicated gaming PC yes, but if you need it do other things, you can do better.

To reiterate, good enough gaming PC, you won’t have any issues. How long will that be the case? looks like it should be fine for at least the next two years or so.