Open up the arsenal

• Arsenal of weapons; the player selects a class and picks up whatever weapons take his fancy. I’m suggesting basic class traits combined with weapon selection equates to performance.

Clearly there would be limits; a couple of shields would be pointless, a couple of poleaxes impractical. The two swords option has been discussed before and I would imagine this would be a popular choice but why stop there?

Guess the sheer number of possibilities would be too big to compute?

• To see a archer wielding a Double Axe or a Grand Mace would be epiclols!

• I would always play Vanguard with a maul… YYYYAAARRRGGGHHH! SMASH!!

• I would always play Vanguard with a maul…

Bit faster than a knight with a maul; obviously less armour, tires quicker?

• @Reginhard:

Arsenal of weapons; the player selects a class and picks up whatever weapons take his fancy. I’m suggesting basic class traits combined with weapon selection equates to performance.

Clearly there would be limits; a couple of shields would be pointless, a couple of poleaxes impractical. The two swords option has been discussed before and I would imagine this would be a popular choice but why stop there?

Guess the sheer number of possibilities would be too big to compute?

Vanguard with kite shield and sword of war 8-)

• @Reginhard:

I would always play Vanguard with a maul…

Bit faster than a knight with a maul; obviously less armour, tires quicker?

He wears less armor… I think he shouldn’t tire quicker. Would be a “berzerker” type loadout if I’ve ever seen one!

Knights with bows would be seen everywhere, I’m sure…

Or maybe MAA/Halberd?

• Kite shield + 1 handed halberd, obviously.

• Kinda like this even though it won’t happen haha but in the interest of continuing discussion, maybe regulate weapons to heavy and light classes? Vanguard and Knights heavy and Archer and Man at arms light?

• @thejoe:

Kinda like this even though it won’t happen haha but in the interest of continuing discussion, maybe regulate weapons to heavy and light classes? Vanguard and Knights heavy and Archer and Man at arms light?

So how is that different than it is now?

If you want to swap out weapons, just choose the same class again with different weapons.

• I mean being able to play as a knight with a zweihandler or a vanguard with a kite shield but keep knights from having warbows or man at arms from having mauls. Sorry if that didn’t make sense.