Server Queue

• When joining friends and you don’t know the server name it gets really annoying. Please make some sort of waiting line that puts you on hold when the server is full.

Peace out.

• +1

• Bumpityboob.

• I hardly recall a game that has a server queue to wait in.

Why not just have the server name displayed above the scoreboard when holding ‘TAB’ in-game?

• You can use the Steam server browser to accomplish this. Just set it to join when a slot is available. You can even filter it by friends.

• @Dirtius:

You can use the Steam server browser to accomplish this. Just set it to join when a slot is available. You can even filter it by friends.

You can join the game, however, it’s not “queued” like it is for TF2, where you can have it auto join for you when a slot is available.

• @Dirtius:

You can use the Steam server browser to accomplish this. Just set it to join when a slot is available. You can even filter it by friends.

You can? Chivalry is not an available title in my Steam server browser’s list… What do I do wrong?

edit: ah, now it’s in. Cool stuff

• @Kimiko:

@Dirtius:

You can join the game, however, it’s not “queued” like it is for TF2, where you can have it auto join for you when a slot is available.

Hmm, it worked for me the one time I tried it. (Check the box, etc.)

• I confused Chivalry:MW with Age of Chivalry which is one of the games in my server list I can filter. How did you get CMW in there?

• I don’t think you can select if from the drop down list, rather I had to add servers to favorites by IP. However if your friends are in a game I do believe they will show up in the friends tab. The crappy thing about adding servers via IP is that ingame the IP that is shown on the score screen is always incorrect so you have attain the true IP from the ingame server browser. (Right click, view server info.) Using that IP you can then add it to the Steam server browser.

I realize this really isn’t a very intuitive method, but I mainly use the Steam browser to monitor my server without actually having to log into the game.

• When I clicked on Friends in the list of steam servers, I was able to see the Chiv servers they were on (with the names), so that was pretty cool. And FINALLY, from here, when you view the game info, you can see who is in there, instead of “Server not responding”. So that’s a plus. It would be nice to be able to choose Chiv from the drop down menu, but that will probably come with time.

The only thing about adding the IP to the server browser is that you can’t add in a name for it as well, so you just have to know what servers they are.

I still don’t have that option to check the box to “auto-join” when a slot becomes available though. Dirtius, can you take a screen shot so I can see if it’s the same thing we’re talking about?

Thanks!

• I see. Thx for clarification.

• Edit: My server finally filled up so here, this is the Steam browser with auto-join for me. Hope this helps.

• It would be great if there was an auto-join / server queue feature built into the game.

Often when I play with friends we might have trouble joining the same server. Usually we manage to all join in after a round is over and some of the people on the server leave, but it’s a gamble. It would be really neat if we could just queue up on a server and join whenever a slot frees up.

Hmm, I wasn’t aware steam had an auto-join feature. Well, if it does, then it probably wouldn’t be to big of a hassle to get it to work through the game interface?

• A must. +1