Votekicking

• What do you guys think about votekicking? My personal experience so far has been getting votekicked off a low population server because it has a small group of friends (usually 4-6 people) who just want to play with each other and won’t allow anyone else, even though it’s a public server. I have also been votekicked because some guy and his friends were trolling everyone and when I actually beat him he got angry and votekicked me for winning in a fight. There have also been people who get votekicked without reason and everyone votes yes.

I have also seen people that leave before they get votekicked and are able to rejoin. I thought you can’t rejoin even if you leave before, because the votekick still goes through?

• As far as people kicking people out of a server for their own personal use. That is a problem. If it is an OFFICIAL SERVER, then you should contact a moderator so we can clear that up. How you may ask? By joining our steam group, so you have instant access to any of us! Click my sig for details.(we just started this)

• @ChuckingIt:

As far as people kicking people out of a server for their own personal use. That is a problem. If it is an OFFICIAL SERVER, then you should contact a moderator so we can clear that up. How you may ask? By joining our steam group, so you have instant access to any of us! Click my sig for details.(we just started this)

Shameless plug :roll:

If it is not an official server, they are able to do as they please in that regard.

• I’ve had a few instances where enemy players tried to votekick me because I was doing the best in the match, it’s sadly not uncommon especially in FFA it seems.

Nothing you can really do about it though. Votekick is a necessary mechanic and removing it would cause just as many problems as it’s abuse does.

• If you initiate a vote it should show total kills and team kills next to the dialogue so people can kick tkers and not kick innocent people. So many times you have no idea because you’ve been playing the game instead of looking at the kill feed.

• @LJFHutch:

If you initiate a vote it should show total kills and team kills next to the dialogue so people can kick tkers and not kick innocent people. So many times you have no idea because you’ve been playing the game instead of looking at the kill feed.

Vote no until the person who initiated the vote explains why. Then change to yes if necessary.

• @ReMixx:

Vote no until the person who initiated the vote explains why. Then change to yes if necessary.

YES! DO THIS!
    If a player deserves to be kicked, there will be an explanation, AND the votekicking will commence again! If not, the asshole who tried to votekick for no reason will normally not bother explaining OR votekicking again!

So, if no explanation, please vote NO!

• @ReMixx:

This is exactly what I do. I refuse to vote yes unless explained why. And even then, I have reservations. Like… “oh noes, this guy tk’ed me 3 times”… Well, I look up the guy and see he’s rank 1… So yeah, I’m not going to vote yes. I also explain that he’s a new player and only rank 1… so Tk’s are bound to happen. Heck. Accidental tk’s happen no matter what rank… You just can’t jump to conclusions a couple of times.

• I don’t recall myself being votekicked even when there were two or so attempts. That’s probably because I act how I act and it seems to be OK with most of the people in game. To be honest I don’t see many “unjust” votekick and when there is no reason I vote “no”. I think the community is starting to polish itself or people are learning when it’s a good reason to votekick someone. Or I do play on servers where people are more responsible with their votekicks.

Like… “oh noes, this guy tk’ed me 3 times”… Well, I look up the guy and see he’s rank 1… So yeah, I’m not going to vote yes. I also explain that he’s a new player and only rank 1… so Tk’s are bound to happen. Heck. Accidental tk’s happen no matter what rank… You just can’t jump to conclusions a couple of times.

I have some limit for people who TK. I have no problem with purely accidental TK’ing (it can happen in every game to everyone on both sides of the TK), but when someone is killing me for the 5th time after twice being told to watch his swings then the case is hopeless and I vote to kick such a person. When you make a mistake you should work to correct it, not to use excuses to make them over and over again on the ground of being new.

• It would be good to have some kind of feature to help guide people though, so many times people either don’t vote at all even when someone is blatantly team killing, or they vote yes all the time.

I was in a private server the other night and in the space of a single game about 10-20 kick votes went up, probably 8 of them passed and I don’t remember a single person purposely team killing.

• Its fucked up. People just press yes/no randomly regardless of the player.

I just played on a server, for 4 maps this player http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045485345 kept team-attacking me, but never fully killing me(kept kicking me untill i was low, every round, for 4 maps). So i finally managed to votekick him. Guess what happens? His friend votekicks me, even though i had the third highest score for all maps and didnt teamkill once.

Its extremly frustrating. And there was another player, who teamkilled 5 players in a row and kept trying killing more. Barely managed to get him votekicked as well.

One thing that might make this better is to make each votekick require higher % and make the voting time a bit longer + allow you to pick a reason for the votekick (teamattacking, teamkilling etc.)