Promoting a Weapon

• This idea is about an option instead of forcing weapons in private servers, maybe have an option to increase the score gain for kill with certain weapons/classes. Basically, in a FFA game with the score counter set to X1.5 for Vanguard or X2 for Hunting Knife, whoever uses the muliplied weapon/class gets a bonus, while choosing the other options gets normal scoring. This could also go the other way and could be set to have a negative effect on scoring using certain classes/weapons… This could promote people using the classes/weapons the server op would want, but also give people the freedoms they want, but at a cost.

• Just let the people use whatever weapon they like and prefer. I would hate to see vanguards running around with butter knives, desperately trying to kill something just to gain a silly score boost.

That is exactly what makes games like this worse, scores! While I like an overview to see how I did, I dislike getting punished for not using a certain weapon/or opposite.

On top, it spits on team play. Why? Because ppl use stuff they are prolly not good and or effective with, this results in a worse overall-team effectiveness, just like in BF3 for example where you have to kill X people with weapon Y to unlock Z. And voila, you see idiots spamming everything down with grenades for example, out of pure egoism.

NO THANKS.

• @William:

Just let the people use whatever weapon they like and prefer. I would hate to see vanguards running around with butter knives, desperately trying to kill something just to gain a silly score boost.

That is exactly what makes games like this worse, scores! While I like an overview to see how I did, I dislike getting punished for not using a certain weapon/or opposite.

On top, it spits on team play. Why? Because ppl use stuff they are prolly not good and or effective with, this results in a worse overall-team effectiveness, just like in BF3 for example where you have to kill X people with weapon Y to unlock Z. And voila, you see idiots spamming everything down with grenades for example, out of pure egoism.

NO THANKS.

Well said, I completely agree

• Thanks for the feedback. I do see your point there. :)

• Not the reaction I expected. Usually people freak out andfeel offended if someone like me bursts in and ripps their idea apart. Kudos to you err… vomit! :D

• @William:

Not the reaction I expected. Usually people freak out andfeel offended if someone like me bursts in and ripps their idea apart. Kudos to you err… vomit! :D

Sometimes I can be civil. It’s fairly rare, but it does happen!