Dirty Fighting Techniques

• In the video below, I show you a number of different dirty fighting techniques that you can use to gain an advantage over your enemies. A lot of you won’t agree with this style of play, but the option is there if you feel like being a cheap-shot. The fighting techniques range from fooling your enemies into thinking you’re surrendering, to passive-aggressively murdering someone as a result of confusing them enough to give you an opportunity to kill them.

bsksu9q9YPo

If you enjoy, please subscribe. I’d really appreciate it.

• This is a joke, right?

• Why would it be a joke?

• Mh, if I watch the video closely, I understand why you think you have to rely on asshole-tactics, specially attacking someone while he is taunting to show he is ready for a FAIR duel.

Worst thing is you are perfectly fine with fighting like a cunt…

• Interesting, some really good gameplay footage and commentary, but it looks like you were playing on a duel server - at 3:10 someone brings that up in the chat, a bit forcefully :D, and at 5:00 you can see someone calling you out for attacking without taunting. If that was the case, then some of what you were doing wasn’t really dirty fighting, but more simply ignoring the rules of the server.

but the option is there if you feel like being a cheap-shot

For some of your techniques that option is there and you should definitely take it, but for those which are simply breaking the rules of a duel server, that option isn’t there - a lot of what you’re doing here would just get you kicked.

• There is a difference between using cheap tactics to win and ruining other peoples experience, they were taunting because they wanted to duel you fairly, until January there is no Duel mode so in FFA servers thats the way to duel. But hey, you can play however you want.

• First I thought this video would be about tricky feints, jumping over kicks or facehugging and looking down while striking an overhead, but boy I was wrong.
    I remember you KissMan. What you’re doing is not dirty fighting, that’s just breaking rules of duels. You seriously should get banned from duels servers because everyone grow tired of kicking your pathetic ass. Another pathetic thing that you’re always denying doing something when votekick comes in.

• I respect the fact some people want to duel fairly, but when you’ve got half a server fighting without pressing C, it does stop you from really caring. Then again, this is a dirty fighting techniques video, so you’ve gotta accept whatever happens.

• The title of this topic should be: “How to be a dick and piss off people in a duel server because I lack the skill to kill people fairly”.

Rather than ruin other people’s duelling experience, do us all a favour and stick to non-duel FFA games. Or just don’t play the game period.

• @OldWorld:

I respect the fact some people want to duel fairly, but when you’ve got half a server fighting without pressing C, it does stop you from really caring. Then again, this is a dirty fighting techniques video, so you’ve gotta accept whatever happens.

No! Wrong!
    We do not have to accept shit and we obviously dont because of the kickvotes you seem to receive on a embarressingly regular basis.

Learn to play and SHARE the fun with the other players instead of pissing everyone off!

@T_Roy:

The title of this topic should be: “How to be a dick and piss off people in a duel server because I lack the skill to kill people fairly”.

Exactly!

• If you care to watch near the end of the video, you’ll see that I’m swarmed by 4 guys, then I have an axe thrown at my face; killing me. I do respect duels, I rarely intervene in other people’s fights, but if others do it then I won’t hesitate to, either.

Occasionally I will act like a jerk, but that’s because it’s funny. I look forward to an actual Duel game-mode, though.

• @OldWorld:

I respect the fact some people want to duel fairly, but when you’ve got half a server fighting without pressing C, it does stop you from really caring.

The players you were demonstrating the techniques on seemed to be keeping to the rules.

Then again, this is a dirty fighting techniques video, so you’ve gotta accept whatever happens.

Not really. There are plenty of dirty or underhanded tactics in chivalry - I particularly like your running scared ploy - but breaking the rules of a server goes beyond that. The rules of a duel server are (usually) taunt your opponent, who responds, and after he’s taunted, you fight and no-one may interrupt. Whatever you do within those rules is fine - any tactics (including some of what you show in the video) are permitted. But anything beyond that is simply breaking the rules of the server, and should get you kicked.

• edited

• I usually stick to the same 4 or 5 servers that don’t allow kicks. Plus in a few weeks time, we won’t even be using duel servers anymore, there’ll be genuine duel servers.

Edit: Also, you’ve gotta respect the fact that I’m not actually a bad fighter.

• @OldWorld:

You could be the best player in the world but you won’t get a lot of respect for intentionally ruining other people’s gaming experience.

• @OldWorld:

there’ll be genuine duel servers.

If someone sets up a ‘duel server’, it should be respected as much as an official mode. I’m also looking forward to getting my ass handed to me when the official duel mode rolls out, though.

Very true - I genuinely liked the gameplay and would like to see more. However, that doesn’t change the fact that some of the techniques were simply ignoring the rules of the duel server, and were more outright cheating than dirty tactics. I’m all for dirty tactics, and only rarely respect duels if they occur in a regular FFA or teamgame server - but if someone’s set up a duel server with basic rules, you should either respect them or go elsewhere.

If you care to watch near the end of the video, you’ll see that I’m swarmed by 4 guys, then I have an axe thrown at my face; killing me.

Yes, because you were ignoring the rules of the server and you couldn’t be kicked (apparently). If you read the chat, a player calls you out for cheating and then asks others to kill you. That’s why everyone in that fight focused on you. That’s why Falek (the green vanguard) only attacks you, twice. Cheating aside, congrats for beating them all though, seriously.

• Alright, you guys are right. I won’t interfere with fights anymore. It is more satisfying to genuinely defeat someone, I’ll be the first to admit.

• Good game, stilt. He beat me. I cannot best a Man-At-Arms.

• :h2:

1. “The running scared technique”

So you seem screaming for help on FFA by crying X-3? Yeah, of course.

1. Violating the gentlemen’s agreement rule on duelling servers

I would advise you bring firearms to a boxing fight. No one will expect you to shoot anyone who starts beating the crap out of you.

WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING A GAME WITH CERTAIN RULES FOR WHEN YOUR ONLY FUN IS TO BREAK THEM. You don’t have so much friends, do you?

And then someone asks you “Why join a duel server if you don’t want to duel?” and you reply “people like to regenerate health” – god, you are such a hypocrite.

Worst but not least:

You are responsible for people being assholes in this community. You show others how you want the regular behaviour to be.

Thanks for nothing.

• @OldWorld:

Alright, you guys are right. I won’t interfere with fights anymore. It is more satisfying to genuinely defeat someone, I’ll be the first to admit.

I hope you’re honest.