Archer backstab animations

• I am not sure if this would be a good idea and this is why I am counting on you guys, But I think there should be like some archer back stab animations (For killing blows, of course.) The only problem would be is the animation would have to be quick enough to play or else people would just kill you. No, Not 1 hit kill or anything like that, Just maybe attack someone with your sword from behind in a certain angle and stab them. For example, walking up and stabbing them on the head will slit their throats. Or you go for their chest area and you stab it through their stomach. What do you guys think?

• This doesn’t really seem like it’d work with the way attacks work in Chivalry, since unlike other games with backstab animations the melee attacks aren’t single target hitscan weapons that instantly track who you’re stabbing.

• quel dommage

• Seems to me like this goes against the free playing style of chivalry and belongs more in singleplayer games like assassins creed or batman. I can imagine an archer being stuck in a pre-programmed animation and getting himself chopped to bits by other enemies. Even a second is a long time in chivalry :)

• @dem0n:

Seems to me like this goes against the free playing style of chivalry and belongs more in singleplayer games like assassins creed or batman. I can imagine an archer being stuck in a pre-programmed animation and getting himself chopped to bits by other enemies. Even a second is a long time in chivalry :)

Well, the archer is supposed to be a rouge.

• I voted no because i think its bullshit that any class should have dmg bonus on anything (especially on the back. this is called chivalry not american jail.)

• This idea reminded me of tf2 spy.

@Thorendir:

I voted no because i think its bullshit that any class should have dmg bonus on anything (especially on the back. this is called chivalry not american jail.)

Too late, its already in.