Corpses and blood "4ever"

• Hi! :)

I have only question:

Will be able to make sure that the bodies (and the blood) of the fallens players remain on the ground permanently? (like doom 1-2).

So after the match, a person really has the impression of having done “a great battle.”

A dual/quad core would have the processing power to do this?

Thanks,

sorry for my bad english.

• @Krown:

Will be able to make sure that the bodies (and the blood) of the fallens players remain on the ground permanently?

Not permanently. But you might be able to mutilate them while they’re on the ground…

@Krown:

A dual/quad core would have the processing power to do this?

No.

• :(

• I suggest at least implementing a console command allowing you to modify how long corpses persist, even if when a player dies a second time the previous ragdoll is deleted.

• Then you will have two or more people seeing two or more different things, which was precisely the problem in AoC. however I am no game programer. this is simply how I perceive things to be. but I suppose the same thing could happen differently for two different people and still work in this realm … a realm of sound… a realm of sight… a realm of mind, You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

• Unless using corpses somehow practically is implemented, what difference does it make if one person sees lots of corpses and another doesn’t?

• first one wiil be shit scared?

• The one with more powerful computer can get an advantage, say he will be able to see where the battle has been fiercest, to spam / get behind / etc…
    Whereas the least lucky will not even see the corpses of his firnds who just got ambushed and killed in the round of the corridor…

• Even if having an instance of all the dead bodies on one computer but not on someone else’s was possible (If they really wanted to, I have no doubt they could make it happen) don’t you think it would look funny to someone who has corpses disabled to see a guy hacking the ground repeatedly? assuming the guy was in fact dismembering the dead body and not just hacking the ground.

• @King:

Even if having an instance of all the dead bodies on one computer but not on someone else’s was possible (If they really wanted to, I have no doubt they could make it happen) don’t you think it would look funny to someone who has corpses disabled to see a guy hacking the ground repeatedly? assuming the guy was in fact dismembering the dead body and not just hacking the ground.

Unless ragdolls are handled server-side, ensuring that every ragdoll lands in the same place for every player, this will already happen.

• I was some how under the impression they were. This is rather silly now that I think about it but what do I know? I’m just a guy with a warrior’s mentality, waiting to bash some heads.

• I would prefer ragdolls to take part in players’ physics, ie to put them out of balance - imagine narrow corridor with stairs. You kick one on the top and the rest behind him rolling downstairs :))))