My ping is too high in Ca in all servers, why is this?

• Hey guys, I just came down to Redding, California from Alaska. I was able to play chivalry medieval warfare in alaska with a ping of 40-100 easily on several servers. I just opened up my server menu down here in Redding and the lowest ping servers I could find were 400 +++! Is Redding a dead zone? I thought i’d be able to get even better ping (more playable server options) down here… Any suggestions? I wasn’t trying in beta but am going to as soon as steam finishes updating. (I don’t opt into beta servers in alaska)

• Are you on WiFi?

• I was on a homewireless network. After I opted into beta and got back in I was able to find a bunch of acceptable servers for play. (40-100 ping) Whether being in beta made the difference or not I’m not sure. Thanks for the reply!

• @thebutcher:

I was on a homewireless network. After I opted into beta and got back in I was able to find a bunch of acceptable servers for play. (40-100 ping) Whether being in beta made the difference or not I’m not sure. Thanks for the reply!

So joining Steam Beta fixed it for you? Weirrrrrrddd :?

• Ok, so eventually I found out that the problem was actually other people streaming things at my house. I was in Redding on vacation and at this particular place if just one computer was on using the wireless connection to watch netflix then chivalry would become unplayable. Also some nights ping was high for no reason at all and I suspected it was high usage in the neighborhood and simply poor wiring or whatever.