Reduced team damage for MAA

• I’ll keep this short: it is really, truly, amazingly ANNOYING to be playing MAA, do a good job of dodging, flanking, working past heavy armor and shields and enemy weapons only to have over a quarter of your health lopped off by anything other than a secondary when your derpy Knight/Van teammate decides to mash that LMB. Then you either have to wait for a while to regenerate, defeating the purpose of the fast-paced MAA class, or go into the fray knowing you will now be one-shotted by most weapons due to having lost HP from team damage.

Please, PLEASE Torn Banner…I know you want to emphasize skill and realism by including team damage…but for goodness sake reduce it. At least fro MAA, who above all other classes is absolutely crippled or destroyed by it.

• Not sure thats going to fix the problem if people start deciding to swing through the MaA anyway, he gets reduced team damage after all right?

• If you’re using a MAA and entering the fray with team mates you might need to adjust your strategy. I make a point not to engage an enemy if there’s more than one team mate already involved. If another team mate tries to"help out" I’ll disengage so I don’t get LMB’d to death. More often than not you should be fighting solo because you should be flanking and harassing archers. Leave the frays and clusterfucks to the knights and vanguards.

When I get tk’d it’s usually as a result of bad positioning.

• Reducing team damage for MAA would be a poor solution and would only address the symptom and not the problem. There needs to be something that discourages wild LMB mashing through teammates, because -10 points sure as hell doesn’t cut it. There should be reflected team damage at the least, so if you lop off 50 HP of the nearby MAA you’ll also take 50 of your own.

• The problem is you’re playing the Maa as you would a knight or maybe Vanguard. Maa is not meant to be in the cluster of combat. You’re meant to be more sneaky and bluntly, unfair. Use dirty tactics. Go after the weak. Sneak behind the lines and attack people who don’t notice you.

Maa is a glass cannon… but a very fast moving glass cannon.

• @UnknownXV:

The problem is you’re playing the Maa as you would a knight or maybe Vanguard. Maa is not meant to be in the cluster of combat. You’re meant to be more sneaky and bluntly, unfair. Use dirty tactics. Go after the weak. Sneak behind the lines and attack people who don’t notice you.

Pretty much this ^^

My solution for making MAA balanced is simply increase amount of stamina for the class and or remove the fact you lose stamina for jumping for that class.

• If you see your heavier teammates coming in to your aide, that probably means that you should back off. You may not get the kill, but it’s for the overall good of your team, yeah?

• Generally, the only time I get TKed is when someone is joining MY fight and they either swing wildly or I move into the path of their weapon without knowing it was even there in the first place.

Like others above, I don’t join 2v1 fights that are in my team’s favour for a number of reasons: the risk of hitting others or getting hit by friendly fire myself is one, but also consider that if you’re in a 3v1, somewhere you probably have an ally in a 1v3 who badly needs your help.

This isn’t to say that you can’t be useful in a 3v1 situation; generally when I’m coming to someone’s aid, I’ll provide more of a distraction than anything. I’ll move in a flanking position where they enemy will be forced to turn their attention away from one of us, and sometimes I’ll make wild swings from a distance that won’t connect but may still cause the enemy to reflexively try to parry, which can leave them unable to block a swing from my knight or vanguard buddy. Of course, if they wander into my reach, I’ll take an opportunistic stab or overhead, but I try not to be greedy for kills. I don’t care what the scoreboard says, I’m in it for the team and the objective.

Reducing friendly fire damage for MAA would be nice, I’ll admit, but it shouldn’t be necessary, as I think this is how the class was intended to be played. MAA are great at dueling, harassing archers, and reaching objectives, but they aren’t meant to be in hairy melees.

• I agree with the OP - it’s not the knight but man at arms who should have team damage reduction due to how weak he is. A single blow - coming from a friendly! - can cost him a half of his life or kill him.

When I get TK’ed it’s usually a result of people who don’t know how (or don’t want) to push or overhead. I have no problem with accidential deaths. That can happen. It’s normal. I have a problem with people who blindly smash left and right with no regard for their teammate(s). I mean mostly vanguards and two handed knights. It has little to do with tactics…

• @UnknownXV:

The problem is you’re playing the Maa as you would a knight or maybe Vanguard. Maa is not meant to be in the cluster of combat. You’re meant to be more sneaky and bluntly, unfair. Use dirty tactics. Go after the weak. Sneak behind the lines and attack people who don’t notice you.

its not a class cannon. a glass hand pistol at best. cannon implies it does a lot of damage. it really doesnt. the amount of ways to get yourself (accidently) killed is not even funny, and you really dont hit That hard.

• @Holy.Death:

When I get TK’ed it’s usually a result of people who don’t know how (or don’t want) to push or overhead. I have no problem with accidential deaths. That can happen. It’s normal. I have a problem with people who blindly smash left and right with no regard for their teammate(s). I mean mostly vanguards and two handed knights. It has little to do with tactics…

If you keep putting yourself beside team mates that consistently mash the LMB and take your head off that counts as bad positioning. If you’re aware of what’s going on around you then you can try to avoid those situations. It’s not always possible to avoid getting tk’d but more awareness on the battlefield goes a long way. If you’re playing with people that just don’t get it then switch to another server.

• The tradeoff for MAA’s much greater speed and agility is low HP. This means that, yes, you will die more easily to teammates, because low HP is designed to be the MAA’s weakness.

If you don’t like it, don’t play MAA.

• If you’re playing with people that just don’t get it then switch to another server.

I don’t think that’s the correct approach. I shouldn’t change server because someone else in incompetent. It’s they who should learn how to play properly. By that I mean harsher penalties for team kill and bieng able to survive a bit more hits (like 2/3 instead of 2/1). It won’t change much in terms of man at arms - enemy, but it can make a difference when it comes to TK’ing. All man at arm’s weapons are very short meaning I have to get in close and while I am engaging my enemy I don’t have “the bigger picture” like archer. I can protect myself from my enemies most of the time, but there is really little you can do to guard yourself against your allies while fighting an opponent.

The tradeoff for MAA’s much greater speed and agility is low HP. This means that, yes, you will die more easily to teammates, because low HP is designed to be the MAA’s weakness.

If my informations are correct knight have both more life AND he gets reduction of damage taken if he has been hit by a friendly. I don’t really see the point of this - if they already have more health why team damage reduction for them, the strongest class in game? I don’t have problem with having low HP. I do have a problem with allies and friendlies being equally deadly for already weak (hp-wise) class. Design is not an excuse here.

• All classes take the same amount of damage from friendly fire.

• MORE threads about TKing. My god, really?

You watch for enemy swords coming at your face, why not watch for ally swords too?

Let’s just say, “Watch for all swords coming at your face.”

Or even better - get your own server and remove/invite the people you please. Crying to the devs does zip - this isn’t warcraft.

• @Holy.Death:

If my informations are correct knight have both more life AND he gets reduction of damage taken if he has been hit by a friendly. I don’t really see the point of this - if they already have more health why team damage reduction for them, the strongest class in game? I don’t have problem with having low HP. I do have a problem with allies and friendlies being equally deadly for already weak (hp-wise) class. Design is not an excuse here.

All classes have the same amount of life. It’s their resistance to weapons that’s different.

• All classes take the same amount of damage from friendly fire.

My mistake then.

You watch for enemy swords coming at your face, why not watch for ally swords too?

Let’s just say, “Watch for all swords coming at your face.”

You can’t defend 360 degrees when in combat with someone. I often see man at arms doing well only to fall victim of vanguard/knight who swing. Playing man at arms is hard already, without the need to worry about your backs.

Or even better - get your own server and remove/invite the people you please. Crying to the devs does zip - this isn’t warcraft.

Spare me personal arguments that have little to do with the topic.

• I don’t like getting so much team damage as a MAA either, but it’s part of the class.

This class is has the lowest armor rating so it’s their job to actually try and avoid situations like group battles.

They’re more the class that has to scurry the edges of the map and kill stragglers and so on. I myself am one stubborn MAA because i continously keep going into big cluster battles when i’m playing with my friends, and i often pay the price for this stubborness with DEATH BY TK :h2:

When you see your teammates rushing in to ‘help’ you, dodge out of there. You can still get the kill with one sneaky and well placed lunge-overhead :fight:

• This class is has the lowest armor rating so it’s their job to actually try and avoid situations like group battles.

I am not talking about group battles. I mean situation where you fight in a “duel” (1 vs 1 situation) with someone, you are doing well and uncalled “friendly” two handed knight or vanguard comes in swinging, killing both you and your enemy. I talk about situation where you receive TEAM DAMAGE. It’s not like I am supporting making man at arms stronger VERSUS ACTUAL ENEMY. I am not sure if that’s clear enough.

• That’s why i said you have to dodge out of there if your team comes in to fight the guy you’re fighting at that very moment ;) When the big guns come in to ‘help’ you, get the fuck out of there as soon as you can, because more often than not, they will kill you by accident.