Soultion 2friendly Fire!

• 2words…… Mirror Damage

Examples of Mirror Damage?!

U hit A Teammate BOOM he loses 25% of Health, u automatically lose 25% of Health
    Teammate hits u BAM 50%health gone, Teammate loses 50% health

U hit 3teammates at once
    1 of ur teammate’s a Knight loseing 31%health
    1 of ur teammate’s a MAA loseing 60%health
    1 of ur teammate’s a Vanguard loseing 40%health
    u do the math ur dead :o

Thoughts?

• It would make TO impossible. -1

• Nope. Forget about it.

Don’t we have a topic about that already ?

• @Shiroi:

Nope. Forget about it.

Don’t we have a topic about that already ?

More than I can count :(

• @ReMixx:

It would make TO impossible. -1

@Shiroi:

Nope. Forget about it.Don’t we have a topic about that already ?

I honestly think …u guys just cant play! Honestly

I hardly, hardly have problems hitting my teammates. I’m a lvl34 MAA/Javeliner who uses Broadsword &Buckler shield Javeline-Heavy Javeline… &still hitting a 2.0 k/d &higher, most of the time.

It gets rather Annoying having ur life sucked away over&over again!
    Sometimes….hmm i just started thinking for a sec…

Mabe we demand so much from games nowdays, always trying to make the game like the last best seller game…MAbe we should just accept a game how it is from the getgo, Its uniqueness.
    I Know I’m a good player always have been…hmm i feel like a dick now, sorry guys.
    hmmmmm

BTW u guys are seeing my mind at work. nvm forget this .

• @Rodelero:

Hope you never get married/have kids…

• @JHoersten2:

@Rodelero:

Hope you never get married/have kids…

Lollll good one :P

• @Rodelero:

2words…… Mirror Damage

Examples of Mirror Damage?!

U hit A Teammate BOOM he loses 25% of Health, u automatically lose 25% of Health
    Teammate hits u BAM 50%health gone, Teammate loses 50% health

U hit 3teammates at once
    1 of ur teammate’s a Knight loseing 31%health
    1 of ur teammate’s a MAA loseing 60%health
    1 of ur teammate’s a Vanguard loseing 40%health
    u do the math ur dead :o

Thoughts?

Friendly fire is not an issue, it’s part of the game.

• Face 3 enemies, swing zweihander, kill 1
    Get hit 3 times
    Health at 10%
    Swing zweihander again
    Random teammate enters
    Bumps into Zweihander
    You are now dead.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

This. Awareness is a skill you gotta practice to succeed in any game. If 2 teammates are swinging at an enemy, dont get in the fight and later bitch at them for being tked. Separate from the pack, and position yourself properly in relation to your teammates.

Also, theres the issue of SharpshotSid´s post. It could be used for deliberate trolling, with no real penalty on the troll.

• @Wingy:

Also, theres the issue of SharpshotSid´s post. It could be used for deliberate trolling, with no real penalty on the troll.

I’d totally jump in the way of all of Wingy’s attacks to make him kill himself. :h2:

• I only use my fists as a weapon in game. You would have to jump into a lot of attacks, and the satisfaction of punching you over and over again would compensate for my death.

• First of all: SERVER OPTION.
    If you see this posted so often it’s because a lot of people want it. I think archers should be in every game, but you don’t see me dictating what servers should or should not be able to add remove.
    Now down to business:

I think friendly damage should be reflected 100% and your team mate should recieve no damage at all.

If friendly damage was reflected, everyone would still be wary of accidently hitting team mates. It would still happen, ocassionally, but on such instances only you would would suffer for your own mistake, and not the poor guy you hit. You would be trying to not hurt your friendlies, but if you did, only you would suffer, and you can’t really get annoyed at yourself. From the enemy’s prespective, it’s the same. If three players are after you and one does a horizontal swing, one of them dies. It doesn’t matter which one from an enemy’s prespective.

So in a world of regenerating health and infinite spawns, I don’t see why it would be so bad to go one small step further and add reflective team damage as a server option.

Why would it make the game impossible? It would only make the game impossible if you suck and have to hit friendlies every game.

• @PedroFromHell:

First of all: SERVER OPTION.
    If you see this posted so often it’s because a lot of people want it. I think archers should be in every game, but you don’t see me dictating what servers should or should not be able to add remove.
    Now down to business:

I think friendly damage should be reflected 100% and your team mate should recieve no damage at all.

If friendly damage was reflected, everyone would still be wary of accidently hitting team mates. It would still happen, ocassionally, but on such instances only you would would suffer for your own mistake, and not the poor guy you hit. You would be trying to not hurt your friendlies, but if you did, only you would suffer, and you can’t really get annoyed at yourself. From the enemy’s prespective, it’s the same. If three players are after you and one does a horizontal swing, one of them dies. It doesn’t matter which one from an enemy’s prespective.

So in a world of regenerating health and infinite spawns, I don’t see why it would be so bad to go one small step further and add reflective team damage as a server option.

Why would it make the game impossible? It would only make the game impossible if you suck and have to hit friendlies every game.

It removes some of the realism, which I enjoy. TKs are usually accidents, anyways. Plus, it would get rid of the ability to get an jerk teammate out of the server (I’ve actually had to do that before -_-). 100% reflected damage would just SUCK.

• @Rodelero:

@ReMixx:

It would make TO impossible. -1

@Shiroi:

Nope. Forget about it.Don’t we have a topic about that already ?

I honestly think …u guys just cant play! Honestly

I hardly, hardly have problems hitting my teammates. I’m a lvl34 MAA/Javeliner who uses Broadsword &Buckler shield Javeline-Heavy Javeline… &still hitting a 2.0 k/d &higher, most of the time.

Sometimes….hmm i just started thinking for a sec…

Mabe we demand so much from games nowdays, always trying to make the game like the last best seller game…MAbe we should just accept a game how it is from the getgo, Its uniqueness.
    I Know I’m a good player always have been…hmm i feel like a dick now, sorry guys.
    hmmmmm

BTW u guys are seeing my mind at work. nvm forget this .

Damn you took that personally!

Umm…. yea…

So… is it safe to assume that you got hit a few times in one game and came here to complain? 8-)

• Reflected damage would mean everyone would be careful of where their swords land, leading to more realistic gameplay.

• I think TKing as it stands is fine and intentional TKs should result in a votekick.

Reflected damage would be stupid because people could just run right into your swing like mindless idiots and you’re the one paying the price for them being in the way! Reflected damage would just turn the problem into the complete opposite kind of problem it currently is and you’d see a million threads about idiots walking into teammates’ swings.

• I just played King of the Hill on the Arena map… everyone charged the hill and mashed whatever buttons/wheels that they could get. It didn’t matter if your teammates got in the way, as long as there were more of your team than the other. It was pure carnage. Now if reflected damage was on, everyone would be stuck respawning.

• @Wingy:

@rumpelstiltskin:

This. Awareness is a skill you gotta practice to succeed in any game. If 2 teammates are swinging at an enemy, dont get in the fight and later bitch at them for being tked. Separate from the pack, and position yourself properly in relation to your teammates.

This was an idea I first suggested. It’s a shame to see it suggested again, but poorly explained.

Friendly Fire is a part of the game, no one is denying that and no one wants to see it gone. However, it’s not accurate to assert you can totally prevent being teamwounded or teamkilled. “Separating from the pack” seems to imply you should go lone wolf and abandon your team, which is not only a bad strategy, it’s not what we want to have happen in the game.

There’s nothing I can do if I’m already fighting an enemy, and a teammate runs up and greedily tries to get the last hit. There’s no “proper positioning” that can account for a vanguard sprinting up behind me unleashing a charge attack so he can get a kill.

As for deliberate trolling? Because you can control your swings (especially given feint) it’s not terribly hard to control your swings to prevent damage to allies. However, it’s simple, as a troll, to deliberately teamwound with arrows and throwing weapons from a distance and get away with it. At best, mirrored friendly fire would have no effect on trolling, since it’d remove one problem (teamwounding) and add another (getting teamwounded).

Finally, I’d like to add that if mirrored FF is enabled, you should not deal damage to the teammate, only to yourself. And yes, this should be a server option.

• @ReMixx:

I just played King of the Hill on the Arena map… everyone charged the hill and mashed whatever buttons/wheels that they could get. It didn’t matter if your teammates got in the way, as long as there were more of your team than the other. It was pure carnage. Now if reflected damage was on, everyone would be stuck respawning.

Actually only the players smacking their teammates repeatedly would be stuck respawning. Hence reflected damage ;)