Too many powernoobs, archer is useless

• Hi,

Let me start of by saying this game is absolute fun to play! On a scale of 1 to 10 i would certainly give this game a big, fat nine!

There is, however, a big problem when it comes to gameplay: the powernoobs. These people can be easily identified as they always play as a Knight or Vanguard and all they do is spam their left mouse button. Their LMB spam starts when they are approaching you from 100 meters distance and they stop spamming their LMB once you are mincemeat. No tactic, no timing, no plan, just running around like a brainless chicken and LMB spamming ftw.

I love to play as an archer but ending up all the way on top of a ladder is simply too difficult with 15+ powernoobs active on each server. Since the score system only counts the amount of kills, these zombies simply don’t give a shit to take the big risk of attacking 4 people at the same time. Deaths should become a penalty on the score.

Even when i get four incoming angry, LMB spamming brainless noobs on my ass I simply cannot outrun them. Me, as a archer with no heavy gear whatsoever, can’t seem to outrun a fully armored knight that is chasing me with a 200KG hammer and shield. Shooting arrows usually doesn’t make sense as the impact is not bad enough: i’ve seen plenty of them running around with an arrow trough their head.
    Taking them with my saber is too difficult aswell. Don’t think they will block my attacks. No, they know their attack isn’t stopped when i hit them during their brutal hammer wave and one hit from a hammer is enough to blow my brains out. In case they miss they simply repeat hammering as they know the sabre (or any other secondairy weapon) doesnt do a lot of damage to a fully armored knight.

At this moment the game is too easy to play. Want to win? Simply buy a good mouse with powerfull buttons, select Knight or Vanguard and you are ready to rumble. You want to with by using skills and tactic? Wait for another update.

I hope they will fix some characters in the upcoming releases. Some characters have way too many advantages.

• I don’t think archers are useless.
    Saw so many Team Objective Fights where some good archeres really mad a difference.
    Also I see many archers killing knights with there little swords, because those are harder to block then the big hammer.
    The last thing I would see is to buff archers, they are already very good. Two shots vs maa or another archer and he is dead, one shot of a crossbow means death for maa… This is pretty good.
    Killing a heavy armored knight is sure more difficult but that is that with beeing armored ;)
    And by the chasing thing: There is a feature that makes the chaser faster which might be u ged chased down by knights.

• Lol.

Things you are doing wrong as archer:

1. Putting yourself in a situation where you have 4 angry knights/vans on your ass.
    2. Running away when you’re in range of a hit, instead of pulling out your secondary.
    3. Not feinting with said secondary.

These so called “powernoobs” are as you described, noobs. Try getting a hit on a saber wielding archer with the maul, and you will soon find bits of yourself strewn all over the place. Mauls are slow as hell, one good block and he’s all yours. That’s unless you’re surrounded, a situation which a decent archer should never put himself in, and one that a good archer can, with some luck, get himself out of.

Fun fact: People panic when you combo them with a short, fast weapon. The saber is a short, fast weapon.

• @Effect:

one shot of a crossbow means death for maa…

this does only the heavy crossbow which is easily the weakest archer weapon (overall).

Anyhow, you’re not supposed to have much of a chance in 4v1. If the enemyteam charges you with 4 knights / vanguards, you will need 4 knights / vanguards yourself to hold them off. Your job as an archer is to change the odds in this battle, by either killing 1 even before the melees meet or distract and hit them during combat. Arrowhits make their target flinch like forever, which mostly leaves them defenceless to following meleeattacks.
    Also kiting is no valid tactic in chivalry, that’s why every class recieves a speedbonus when “chasing” someone. I believe they have to be somewhat close and keep their crosshair (the small dot) on target so it turns red. However, if you can manage to use terrain and block the vision of your predator, you get a chance to escape.
    Still, everyone is basically forced to die with his team, even archers… which is fair imo.

• @RooieEdje:

There is, however, a big problem when it comes to gameplay: the powernoobs. These people can be easily identified as they always play as a Knight or Vanguard and all they do is spam their left mouse button. Their LMB spam starts when they are approaching you from 100 meters distance and they stop spamming their LMB once you are mincemeat. No tactic, no timing, no plan, just running around like a brainless chicken and LMB spamming ftw.

Does crying on the forums help soothe your rage?

I, for one, came from this old game called, “Jedi Academy” that didn’t have fancy overheads or stab maneuvers, just the boring old LMB swing. We learned how to twist our cameras, time swings, and land hits with this “noobish” LMB you speak of.

In Chivalry, there is this wonderful thing called “combo swings”. It just so happens that most of your archer buddies will run in after my first intentional missed swing, then get beheaded by it’s follow-up combo while they thought they were safe to attack. You have the faster weapon - and since you’re not a “powernoob”, I’ll assume you know how to parry/block? If all they do is spam LMB, then shouldn’t you know what to expect? How are you dying if you KNOW what they’re going to do?

I’d be inclined to call YOU a noob in this situation. Don’t rage because other players use one attack - they’re allowed to and it’s part of the game; Accept it and expect it. You’re an archer who’s finding himself in melee range and can’t melee with a faster weapon. Learn2Play.

• @RooieEdje:

Since the score system only counts the amount of kills, these zombies simply don’t give a shit to take the big risk of attacking 4 people at the same time. Deaths should become a penalty on the score.

The current score system is more than just kills:
    1 kill = 10 points
    1 assist = 5 points
    1 TK = -10 points
    Objective = +X points

If you’re playing TO, don’t expect to be on top of the scoreboard as an archer (can happen though) as those players at the top are more likely to be knights/vanguards due to the objective points.

You should rarely be encountering 4 enemies on your own since you should be standing right behind your front line of vanguards and knights and not perched somewhere remotely trying to snipe.

Archers aren’t snipers. This isn’t Counter-Strike. Good day.

• There’s a light at the end of the tunnel. It’s called the Warbow.

• @JHoersten2:

@RooieEdje:

Does crying on the forums help soothe your rage?

I, for one, came from this old game called, “Jedi Academy” that didn’t have fancy overheads or stab maneuvers, just the boring old LMB swing. We learned how to twist our cameras, time swings, and land hits with this “noobish” LMB you speak of.

In Chivalry, there is this wonderful thing called “combo swings”. It just so happens that most of your archer buddies will run in after my first intentional missed swing, then get beheaded by it’s follow-up combo while they thought they were safe to attack. You have the faster weapon - and since you’re not a “powernoob”, I’ll assume you know how to parry/block? If all they do is spam LMB, then shouldn’t you know what to expect? How are you dying if you KNOW what they’re going to do?

I’d be inclined to call YOU a noob in this situation. Don’t rage because other players use one attack - they’re allowed to and it’s part of the game; Accept it and expect it. You’re an archer who’s finding himself in melee range and can’t melee with a faster weapon. Learn2Play.

Uuuh. You must not come from the Jedi Academy I came from. With special moves for every weapon type, and a different attack for every direction held, with different combos depending on the order of succession.

And he’s hardly crying on the forums or raging. He gave the game a 9 out of 10 and is voicing legitimate concerns as a player.

However, OP, I do think perhaps you just need a little practice at defending yourself :P. There’s an even larger crowd of people that say that archers are OP and/or should be removed from the game. Perhaps you are engaging enemies from too far away (Or too far). Try sticking around teammates and offering support and securing kills on runners. It’s not hard at all to get in the top 3 as archer once you get a little practice in.

• @Derpasaur:

There’s a light at the end of the tunnel. It’s called the Warbow.

No, It’s called Heavy Javelin.

• I agree, ARCHERS NEED A BUFF! they are useless jeez! lol

• Public games class tier list:

1. Archer: Warbow, cudgel, broadhead. Heavy crossbow also fantastic. Stop missing, enjoy beating everyone in melee with cudgel, or just parry forever until team mates come.
    2. Man at Arms: Falchion, flanged mace, broad sword, even Norse sword still, hatchet, Dane axe… Heater shield. Learn to dodge and choose good engagements. Oil pot is great for certain objectives too.
    3. Knight: Warhammer, sword of war, pole axe, flanged mace, falchion, broad sword, Norse sword, kite shield. Messer is alright.
    4. Vanguard: Halberd, greatsword, brandistock, spear, claymore, bardiche, Dane axe, hatchet, cudgel, any special. Archer fodder. Loses to every other class. I still own with them, but they’re more built for clan battles than pubstomping. They’re a support class, not a lone wolf. They don’t do well on the frontline without someone to support. I regularly go like 50-5 in public servers as a vanguard, and I rarely use the halberd. I know how to pubstomp with a vanguard. You just pubstomp harder with any of the other 3 classes.

Archers are by far the best class in public games. Don’t give up, you’ll see how great they are one day.

• @RussianMafia:

I agree, ARCHERS NEED A BUFF! they are useless jeez! lol

YOU! Get out of here!!! :berz:

• @RooieEdje:

At this moment the game is too easy to play. Want to win? Simply buy a good mouse with powerfull buttons, select Knight or Vanguard and you are ready to rumble. You want to with by using skills and tactic? Wait for another update.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion, but will defend to the death your right to express it.

-Edit by SlyGoat

• @x123:

@RooieEdje:

I respectfully disagree with your opinion, but will defend to the death your right to express it.

-Edit by SlyGoat

I say, how uncouth!

-Edit by SlyGoat

• lol… Powernoobs i like that.
    Alittle Off topic yes!