Developers Q&A

• Developer

Hey Guys,

We’re taking questions again for this month’s Q&A, will try to get it out before the end of the month but it might slip into January some given the timing. Look forward to your questions and happy holidays!

• Tibbs and friends are at it again! Hooray!

My list:

• Status and ETA on mod tools? :D

• How do you pronounce b3h47pte’s name? Every time I try, I feel like I’m beatboxing…

• Do any of the developers use AMD CPUs or GPUs?

• To Tibbs, dost thou even hoist, brother?

• What’s the word on the elusive Castle Creator?

• Will the STAT NET console command be added back in? Why was it taken out?

• In the future, will you be open to including community-made content in official DLC?

• Why does the Mason Vanguard have an American accent?

• Where’s my quarterstaff? ;)

• @SlyGoat:

Where’s my quarterstaff? ;)

Too many jokes to make… :|

• Are there plans to improve gore? (IE bones sticking out, ripped muscles and tendons, chopping men in half with battleaxes, intestines spilling out)
    Are you planning to bring back more classic AoC maps?
    Can you add arrow-cam to siege weapon projectiles?
    Will you make Javelineers not suck? I liked em before the patch, but even then they needed better melee capabilities.
    Moar dragons bro

• Will death-cam happen? The thing that shows you how you died from the enemies perspective or third person.

There is nothing more frustrating than getting killed when you thought you parried, blocked, had enough distance etc. Death camera would show you why it did not work.

• Will a left to right attack option make it into this next patch or any patch after it? Psyched for flail, thanks guys!

• Are you planning on adding any additional loadout customizations, such as functional/aesthetic armors (kept within the tier of your class), trinkets, trophies, ect?

Are you planning on adding addtional classes, such as the skirmisher?

• Will tower shields still be OP? ;)

Also… how about that lovely spectator mode. Can we AT LEAST see who’s in spectator? :)

• I know that you guys live in different places in the world and the creation/developing of the game in this way is not easy … do you have any plans to change this ?

• [Q] The server list still bugs out, including with the ‘‘not enough invite space’’ and what not, regardless of you guys stating you have fixed it like 3 times now. Are you actually gonna fix it once and for all?

[Q #2 ] Will there be more customization? The veteran helmet was a brilliant idea and we all love it, but it feels like it is not enough. Any future plans for the January patch maybe?

[Q #3] When two 2-handers face each other and feint it is a guessing game on who feints and who does not, resulting in most of the time the luckiest person wins who strikes when he thinks his opponent feints. This makes Chivalry an RNG based game sometimes, do you have any way to fix this?

• @Kimiko:

Will tower shields still be OP? ;)

Also… how about that lovely spectator mode. Can we AT LEAST see who’s in spectator? :)

Tower shields op? they destroy your view completely

• Will there be more things that the server admins will be able to do?
    Admins can’t really do anything while not in the server at the moment, which to me feels kinda lacking.

Maybe an RCON of some sorts?

• 1. Are there any plans for further customization? IE armors, helmets etc…
    2. Any plans to change Javelin Archers? If im not mistaken archers have the lowest health and armor so trying to be a melee class with the javelin needs some help.

• Will you keep enhancing the performance to make up to 64 players game smooth?
    Are there any plans to include siege mode?

Thanks for such a great game.

• @-Thylacine-:

[Q #3] When two 2-handers face each other and feint it is a guessing game on who feints and who does not, resulting in most of the time the luckiest person wins who strikes when he thinks his opponent feints. This makes Chivalry an RNG based game sometimes, do you have any way to fix this?

I’m not a dev, but i’ll take a stab at this question.

The way to counter feinting is being aggressive, by feinting you’re extending the time taken for your hit to land.

There’s no real way to predict a feint, but feints will succeed on players who play too defensively, i.e. only counter-attacking by waiting for your opponent to make a move so you can block it.

So in general, only feint when you think you’ve got an opponent cornered or scared into being defensive. Otherwise you’re taking a risk and using up stamina.

As for my own question.

Will there ever be an effective “horde” mode where you and a group of other players fight large groups of AI controlled peasants? Sounds a bit silly I know, but it could be fun.

• When do you plan to add more helmets? If so, what types? (Names of the helms)

Is it a high possibility class limitations will be added?

I took a arrow to the knee, and you took a arrow to the what Brave sir knight?

• @Margato:

What’s the difference between a one hander and a two hander? Also, are you a one hander?

Haha no no no, not this again.

• Can we expect any changes to the pavise shield?
    How awesome will flails be?
    Do you consider to change the current flinch-system in any way?