UDK.exe has stopped flirting

• Wouldn’t that be affecting EVERYONE if it was though?

• @BobT36:

Wouldn’t that be affecting EVERYONE if it was though?

That’s what I thought, but I don’t have this problem with any other game so it’s nothing I’m obligated to change. Right? or am I just being a stubborn bastard? haha

• Um it may be if you want to play it hehe. :P

It could be something that Chiv doesn’t like about your specific hardware configuration, or it could be something on the machine. I have no idea at this moment, sorry. :(

We’ll hopefully see more of the devs for support purposes soon once they’ve got this content / bug fix patch deadline out of the way, I think the 2 programmers are busy with that full-time at the moment!

• Hello all. I’m having pretty much the same problem as ABPitcher here.

I bought it this evening, and haven’t been able to get on. I launch it from steam, and it gives me the “Chivalry Medieval Warefare, Torn Banner Studios” loader thingy. After a bit “UDK.exe has stopped working” pops up. I’ve tried the Config deletion fix. No luck.

So here’s my DxDiag junk.

Hope someone can offer advice,

Gadtzgan

• Also, this.

• @Gadtzgan:

Hello all. I’m having pretty much the same problem as ABPitcher here.

I bought it this evening, and haven’t been able to get on. I launch it from steam, and it gives me the “Chivalry Medieval Warefare, Torn Banner Studios” loader thingy. After a bit “UDK.exe has stopped working” pops up. I’ve tried the Config deletion fix. No luck.

So here’s my DxDiag junk.

Hope someone can offer advice,

Gadtzgan

Make a thread, buddy. It’ll probably get more attention that way. :)

• @BobT36:

Um it may be if you want to play it hehe. :P

It could be something that Chiv doesn’t like about your specific hardware configuration, or it could be something on the machine. I have no idea at this moment, sorry. :(

We’ll hopefully see more of the devs for support purposes soon once they’ve got this content / bug fix patch deadline out of the way, I think the 2 programmers are busy with that full-time at the moment!

Completely missed this, pal.
    mmm Cheeky one you are mmm

It’s okay, thanks for the help :D hopefully I get this to work soonish though, got some great ideas for YT vids!

• @ABPitcher:

It’s okay, thanks for the help :D hopefully I get this to work soonish though, got some great ideas for YT vids!

I haven’t checked in on this thread in awhile so forgive me if I missed something (kinda scanned through it again). Have you updated your video card drivers since the original DxDiag.txt was posted? It said that you had drivers from July.

• @ReMixx:

@ABPitcher:

I haven’t checked in on this thread in awhile so forgive me if I missed something (kinda scanned through it again). Have you updated your video card drivers since the original DxDiag.txt was posted? It said that you had drivers from July.

That’s okay bud. Getting a lot of attention so I feel special, might start blushing soon.
    It says my drivers are up-to-date, unless you know they’re not and I’ve done something wrong? haha
    Also, I un-installed a bunch of game that had been installed recent to the crash, but to no avail.
    Thanks for the help :)

• Just manually updated the drivers, but again to no avail.

• @ABPitcher:

Just manually updated the drivers, but again to no avail.

But it’s a step in the right direction!

Okay can you attach the latest Launch.log and you should also have a crash .dmp file in the Log folder too. Attach Launch.log and latest crash .dmp please!

• You’re quite right!

Will do, but I have a ‘Launch’ and a ‘Launch_2’ so I’ll just chuck them both in.

• OKAY. I have an idea.

Is the game installed on a partition or drive different from where your “My Documents” folder is located? I see that you have the game/Steam installed to the D drive. I bet a good deal of monopoly money that installing Steam to the C drive would solve this particular problem. Anyway you can try? You can make a Steam backup of Chivalry and other games so that you don’t have to download them again.

• I have the same problem, game ran fine for weeks. Since today .exe stops working after a few mins ingame…. FIX it…

• Yep this seems to be UDK error time of the month…

All good for however long an now not working:(

• Might as well add myself to the list. First time I’ve had problems during multiplayer so here’s my log.

First two times it crashed happened right as i got killed by a vanguard while in first person and the second time it crashed right as i shot someone. The attached one should be the latest, where I had just joined and was making my way toward the objective.

• @ReMixx:

OKAY. I have an idea.

Is the game installed on a partition or drive different from where your “My Documents” folder is located? I see that you have the game/Steam installed to the D drive. I bet a good deal of monopoly money that installing Steam to the C drive would solve this particular problem. Anyway you can try? You can make a Steam backup of Chivalry and other games so that you don’t have to download them again.

Gave it a try. You just hit income tax, buddy. It canny do it cap’n.
    Sorry for none of these fixes working with me though. Once again, thanks for the help. You’re a good mod.

• @ABPitcher:

Gave it a try. You just hit income tax, buddy. It canny do it cap’n.
    Sorry for none of these fixes working with me though. Once again, thanks for the help. You’re a good mod.

Sorry it’s late… I don’t quite follow the metaphors… is it SOLVED? CAN I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MARK IT SOLVED??? ;)

(A simple “Yes, it’s solved!” will do!)

• Hahaha I wish I could :( It didn’t work, which is a shame, I really thought it would haha

• Can you attach the newest crash .dmp then with Chivalry installed on the C drive?