Please change the voting system.

• Its stupid, its abused, and there are better ways, for instance : take off friendly fire.

I went on a FFA server, trying to train myself using crossbow, and the players had made a new “rule”

only fists allowed, and some asshole who was supposedly the leader of this ridiculous thing, just votekicked everyone that wasnt using only fists. I even tried votekicking some random person to see if it would work, and it did. Its stupid, and it needs to be changed.

Make it like in Counter strike source, where each player that wants to kick, has to manually type in /votekick, then he can select players off the list. If 2 options pop up whenever some idiot votekicks, then some people will just want to press insert because they assume that the player deserves it. Please developers, at least give some feedback in this thread as to what your solution to this problem is.

• Sounds like you’d rather be playing Counter Strike Source.

• @Sir:

Sounds like you’d rather be playing Counter Strike Source.

Thats the stupidest thing i´ve ever heard.

• You’re trying to have the devs code in mechanics that control players from doing basic tasks? lmao no, THAT’S the most dumb thing I’ve ever heard…

If a group of players get together and decide to only use fists, they can do that. If you choose not to play with the majority nicely, they can vote kick you. It doesn’t matter if they have to hit ‘Insert’ or type your name out.

If players want to be lazy and just vote ‘YES’ to kick any name that pops up, they can do that too. Who are you to complain about other people’s laziness to examine the facts? Get over it. You may have very easily even been on a private server rather than the official ones. You don’t control these - they’re player ran.

Sounds like you’re raging because you were kicked. Sorry, but I left my small violin in the attic.

-Oh, and Friendly fire? That’s a server config option. They can set it high or low if they desire. Don’t like it? Rent a server and configure it however you want.

• @JHoersten2:

You’re trying to have the devs code in mechanics that control players from doing basic tasks? lmao no, THAT’S the most dumb thing I’ve ever heard…

If a group of players get together and decide to only use fists, they can do that. If you choose not to play with the majority nicely, they can vote kick you. It doesn’t matter if they have to hit ‘Insert’ or type your name out.

If players want to be lazy and just vote ‘YES’ to kick any name that pops up, they can do that too. Who are you to complain about other people’s laziness to examine the facts? Get over it. You may have very easily even been on a private server rather than the official ones. You don’t control these - they’re player ran.

Sounds like you’re raging because you were kicked. Sorry, but I left my small violin in the attic.

-Oh, and Friendly fire? That’s a server config option. They can set it high or low if they desire. Don’t like it? Rent a server and configure it however you want.

You are retarded as well i see.

• I apologize but if you don’t see a problem with this game mechanic being abused then you’re perhaps a little brain damaged. I rarely see it used for it’s purpose, which you would think is to remove players that are being detrimental to the overall enjoyment of the game. 9 times out of 10 it’s some troll or butthurt player who started the ban and people will vote at will without having any knowledge of what’s actually happening usually. Not that you can know what occurred in 30 seconds more than what someone said in chat, which is known as hearsay, other than the odd douche slaughtering his team in spawn, that is quite apparent.

One recent instance of the vote kick being ineffective was earlier today, teammate was wantonly striking myself and others at spawn, I said in chat what was going on then started the kick, 75% no 25% yes, the opposing team almost seemed glad to have this advantage and for all I know it could of been a friend of someone on the other team. And that sort of thing is a frequent occurrence, more frequent than proper use of the vote kick that Ive seen. If it’s a private server, give the owner a boot option of some kind and allow him to bestow “mod status” to a few friends/acquaintances for when hes not around. Something needs to be done, that and all the unadulterated friendly fire that goes on is what causes myself and the friends I play with the most grief (which are the only opinions I can offer), which is a different post entirely.

• The thing is - you’re asking the devs to fix players.

It’s ridiculous.

Players will votekick for whatever reason they want to. You can’t simply “program” them to think differently.

• Its stupid, its abused, and there are better ways, for instance : take off friendly fire.

This is very bad idea - it’ll only encourage more swinging as friendlies would be immune to friendly fire.

only fists allowed, and some asshole who was supposedly the leader of this ridiculous thing, just votekicked everyone that wasnt using only fists. I even tried votekicking some random person to see if it would work, and it did. Its stupid, and it needs to be changed.

Why not find a better server with more reasonable people on it? It’s not like there are no servers to play on and it’ll solve your issue as well.

• @JHoersten2:

The thing is - you’re asking the devs to fix players.

It’s ridiculous.

Players will votekick for whatever reason they want to. You can’t simply “program” them to think differently.

Did you even read my post, or are you just that stupid? I´m not going to explain to you what i just fucking wrote in the op, if you cant wrap your head around my suggestion, then you should consider not having children in the future.

• I suggest that the developers let the community decide wether or not to alter the voting system. Its obviously an issue since of all the complaints, so just make the players vote, yes or no if they like it or not, i´ll guarantee that the majority will want to change it.

• @danezcou3:

You are retarded as well i see.

Guys really. We all have our opinions regarding the voting system. If you don’t like someone’s opinion that’s fine. Go ahead and state your own. But we won’t be having this crap when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand… I really shouldn’t have to even come in here because this post was “reported”… -_-

Stick to the subject at hand and if you want to go on further in a personal nature, take it to PM’s.

Thanks.

• Locking this topic before it gets worse.